“Nice hotel, friendly staff, great location, but NO BREAKFAST” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter

You added Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter to your Saves list
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   124 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #77 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Berthoud
“Nice hotel, friendly staff, great location, but NO BREAKFAST”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, just off canal street and right on the St. Charles streetcar line. The property is very clean and I found the security to be more than adequate. The lobby is open and relaxing and the rooms are very clean. The bathrooms were also very clean and the shower has to be one of the nicest I have ever used! The once flaw for me was no breakfast. This is the first courtyard I have stayed at with no breakfast and the breakfat counter they do have is way overpriced. I would probably stay again, but I would bvring my own breakfast!

Room Tip: We had a room on the third floor. Never waited for an elevator and it was very quiet. The view, ho...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
CY-Downtown New... F, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
On behalf of my team of associates, I would like to thank you for staying with us. We realize there are many hotels to choose from in New Orleans, and appreciate that you selected to stay with us. At the Courtyard Downtown, guest satisfaction is our primary goal. All of our associates work hard to provide each of our guests with the utmost personal attention and care. We really appreciate your feedback as it allows us the opportunity to ensure we provide top notch service and maintain Marriott high quality standards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

$350 plus taxes meant that room 606 topped out at $400 a night for a room finished Super 8 style with no outside window! No complaints about the shower or bed comfort but the toilet space was as cramped. When I arrived there was no one at the lobby desk. In fact, it was hard to discern the lobby desk. I had to track down staff. I like Marriott, and 4 times out of 5 trips I use them, but this ranks as the worst experience I've had. A lot of that had to do with the internal room and the price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
CY-Downtown New... F, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

I didnt catch his name, black guy, glasses, didn't even look up at as as he frowned down at his desk. Didn't even get a hello until a young lady came over to check us in as the other guy seemed to busy to acknowledge our existence. Where was that famous southern hospitality? non existant here!

The rest of the stay was fine, bed was not greatly comfortable but the room was better than it looked in the photo's so i was surprised. I had no complaints about the room or the hotel it's self just some members of the staff. It's a great location too but for the price i expected more than just a place to flop your head.

Didn't try the breakfast which was a la carte as we headed onto Royal street just a few blocks away to Camailla Grill and had a hearty breakfast in a lively place!

All in all i would not stay here again as i'd like something with more character next time but we booked last minute and the hotel we wanted was fully booked. If you want to have something more from your hotel other than just a place to sleep between drinking then i'd look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
CY-Downtown New... F, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
On behalf of my team of associates, I would like to thank you for staying with us. We realize there are many hotels to choose from in New Orleans, and appreciate that you selected to stay with us. At the Courtyard Downtown, guest satisfaction is our primary goal. All of our associates work hard to provide each of our guests with the utmost personal attention and care. We have noted your concerns and have addressed all training opportunities. We really appreciate your feedback as it allows us the opportunity to ensure we provide top notch service and maintain Marriott high quality standards.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel is conveniently located near the French Quarter. Because I was not too familiar with New Orleans, we decided to select a brand name hotel. Marriott never disappoints! The hotel provided valet parking, which was reasonable.

• Stayed July 2013
CY-Downtown New... F, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I always try to stay at a Courtyard property whenever I travel because I know I will be getting a clean, comfortable room at a good rate; in other word, I value the consistency. Unfortunately, this was not the case at this property. We stayed for three nights. When the room was made-up after the first night, I noticed that the carpet had not been vacuumed. Consequently, when I left the following morning (after the second night), I made a point of asking the person at the front desk to ask Housekeeping to vacuum the carpet when they made-up the room. However, not only was the carpeting not vacuumed, but I realized that the bathroom had not been cleaned either and one of the two garbage cans had not been emptied. If these short-cuts were taken by Housekeeping, it makes me wonder what I may have missed the first night by not scrutinizing the room as closely as I might otherwise have done at another hotel ... fresh sheets?

The only good thing about this hotel is its location.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
On behalf of my team of associates, I would like to thank you for staying with us. We realize there are many hotels to choose from in New Orleans, and appreciate that you selected to stay with us. At the Courtyard Downtown, guest satisfaction is our primary goal. All of our associates work hard to provide each of our guests with the utmost personal attention and care. As standards, every vacant ready and occupied rooms are walked to ensure rooms are completely cleaned and short cuts are not taken. We have noted your concerns and have them addressed accordingly. We really appreciate your feedback as it allows us the opportunity to ensure we provide top notch service and maintain Marriott high quality standards. Again, thank you for staying with us!
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I enjoyed staying at this hotel due to its location to Bourbon St. Just a few blocks away so I could walk to/from Bourbon street at any time of day; even at night.
The rooms were nice and cozy, good view of the city(depending on your room). There is wireless internet(no wired internet). Big shower stalls with glass doors.
The lobby is small but nice, with an area to watch TV or eat/drink from their kitchen/bar.

My only gripe was the valet service. Excruciatingly slow, even when there are no others waiting for their cars. They say to call 15 mins before needing your car, which I always did. I once had to wait 45mins for my car.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
CY-Downtown New... F, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
On behalf of my team of associates, thank you for staying with us. We realize there are many hotels to choose from in New Orleans, and appreciate that you selected to stay with us. At the Courtyard Downtown, guest satisfaction is our primary goal. All of our associates work hard to provide each of our guests with the utmost personal attention and care. We really appreciate your feedback as it allows us the opportunity to ensure we provide top notch service and maintain Marriott high quality standards.
Oak Park
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed here just for one night and found it most satisfactory. At friendly check-in, I was given a first-floor room, which I questioned, but he informed me that it was a decent room and that there was some construction upstairs (plus, as some reviews have noted, many upstairs room only look over the inside atrium). This double room for two of us was spacious and had undergone the Courtyard remodeling treatment. It had a fridge too, which I love. The ceilings were the real feature---about 15 feet high. And though the window faced a New Orleans street, room was quiet.

Lobby is also new in the remodeled style.

Hotel is really just across Canal from the Quarter, so you can walk there safely. Also we came in on the train. Took Loyola streetcar to the hotel and walked back to the station (about 25 minutes--not bad if you don't have a ton of luggage.

Room Tip: I found the first floor room nice. I believe 2nd story has balconies; personally I would avoid inter...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter? Share your experiences!