“Good location, good experience” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter

You added Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter to your Saves list
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   124 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #82 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Oak Park
“Good location, good experience”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed here just for one night and found it most satisfactory. At friendly check-in, I was given a first-floor room, which I questioned, but he informed me that it was a decent room and that there was some construction upstairs (plus, as some reviews have noted, many upstairs room only look over the inside atrium). This double room for two of us was spacious and had undergone the Courtyard remodeling treatment. It had a fridge too, which I love. The ceilings were the real feature---about 15 feet high. And though the window faced a New Orleans street, room was quiet.

Lobby is also new in the remodeled style.

Hotel is really just across Canal from the Quarter, so you can walk there safely. Also we came in on the train. Took Loyola streetcar to the hotel and walked back to the station (about 25 minutes--not bad if you don't have a ton of luggage.

Room Tip: I found the first floor room nice. I believe 2nd story has balconies; personally I would avoid inter...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CY-Downtown New... F, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
On behalf of my team of associates, thank you for staying with us. We realize there are many hotels to choose from in New Orleans, and appreciate that you selected to stay with us. At the Courtyard Downtown, guest satisfaction is our primary goal. All of our associates work hard to provide each of our guests with the utmost personal attention and care. We really appreciate your feedback as it allows us the opportunity to ensure we provide top notch service and maintain Marriott high quality standards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

The location of this hotel is great. But after a long train ride we were exhausted and being gold members I thought we could be upgraded, however, the answer was NO. The room we had was very small but adequate for two. The bed was OK. Only two plastic glasses in the room but we were in luck I had brought some from home. Would I stay here again maybe and I am sad because I love Marriott properties.

Room Tip: Our room was not what I would have chosen and since no upgrade was granted, I have nothing to compar...
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. Upon check-in I was greeted by the friendly staff Erica and Ronnie. Those two really made our trip. Very nice and friendly. The updated lobby and breakfast area was superb. We had a balcony and the room was very clean. I would stay again. Tiffany Anderson

Florence, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

Very close the french quarter (just across the boulevard) this it is a typical Courtyard. The rooms are well equipped, good the bed. A beat crowdy the lobby area but it is a good location to explore the city center and the french quarter.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

Just returned from New Orleans, this hotel was perfect good location, we arrived late after a long trip from uk, and were given a lovely big room, the beds are so comfy, the staff were very helpful and I felt looed after, would go back and stay.
Jacquie

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
CY-Downtown New... F, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is in a great location close to the Frech Quarter. My room did not have an outside window, but it was updated with a new bathroom and large shower. The room was also clean quite. What the place lacked in style it made up for in service. Typical updated Courtyard Lobby with Breafast/Bar area. The staff was SUPER nice, I would stay here again and would recocmmend it to others.

Room Tip: If you are not a vampire, then ask for a room with an outside window :)
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
CYFQ_Marriott, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank you very much for sharing your visit. We are happy we could make your trip very enjoyable. We hope to see you return soon!!!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

I stayed here not just because of the cheap price during hurricane season but the location and I always try and stay some place new when i go to NOLA.I go 3-4 times a year and their are lots of Hotels.I was by myself so it was plenty big enough for me and should be for two unless you like space.The bathroom was average size but not for 2 shower very large sink had space for all my stuff but the door comes 2 inches from the toilet some might be turned off by that.Walls are thin like most in New Orleans but not bad,maids are noisy though.Staff was nice and being on st.charles was not street car noise that i heard.The in room fridge was quite but had left over stuff in it some was beer so hey free beer.

Room Tip: Ice machines are very loud and not in a seprate room so try not to by them.I was by elevator and it...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Been to Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter? Share your experiences!