“Rooms without natural light at all” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter

You added Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter to your Saves list
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   124 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #82 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Dallas, Texas
“Rooms without natural light at all”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The situation for my husband and I was the same mentioned in other reviews. The hotel is well located and nearby important areas. I would recommend this hotel only because the location but pay attention to the room the give you or call before to make sure the room has windows, this is my advice. The room they offered us in the hotel was very disappointing for the price we paid for, without windows giving to the street and very exposed to a common room. So to avoid curious customers we had to keep the curtains shot the whole time.
The breakfast service is not included and the parking fee is around $26 per day. The breakfast personnel customer service was poor too, so we went around the hotel for better breakfast and service. You may find a couple of places for breakfast very close.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
CYFQ_Marriott, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this valuable feedback. While we are extremely pleased that you enjoyed our French Quarter location, but I am sorry that our facilities did not meet your expectations. I will personally share this feedback with our Operations and Bistro team.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We booked a room here for Memorial Day weekend, and chose the hotel because of the location and after reading some positive reviews. But I must say I was disappointed. Considering what we paid, I was quite angry when we got an "interior room". And by interior I mean that the "window" is to the hallway. I would have expected that for "Trash Inn" but not for a $200 room! I should not even be allowed to provide this type of room to the travelers.

The service was OK, the rooms size fairly good, and cleanliness and so was perfectly fine.

The location is great for visiting the city. Definitely a plus.

If you get a normal room, I'd say that the hotel is fine. But discard it if they don't assure you that the room is exterior upon reservation. We left the hotel and went to the Best Western St Christopher (see review) which ended up being a lot better.

Recommendation: for parking try to find alternative to the valet. There are nearby options that cost $16/night.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here with a group of friends Memorial Day weekend. Most hotels were packed but got a satisfactory deal on a hotel with a balcony on St. Charles St. Not much to see, but it's nice to be able to step out of the room. The streetcars run up and down St. Charles all the time and can get very noisy. I could see how it could become annoying after a while. It's just a quick walk across Canal to the French Quarter, but far enough away that crazy groups of partiers aren't a problem. The staff was really friendly. The room was a good size and the bathroom seemed new. I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
CY-Downtown New... F, General Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
On behalf of my team of associates, thank you for staying with us. We realize there are many hotels to choose from in New Orleans, and appreciate that you selected to stay with us. At the Courtyard Downtown, guest satisfaction is our primary goal. All of our associates work hard to provide each of our guests with the utmost personal attention and care. We really appreciate your feedback as it allows us the opportunity to ensure we provide top notch service and maintain Marriott high quality standards.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Actually, I really good hotel. Perfect location to walk to everything, a very clean room and affordable. Only downside is these is not a pool. You can however use the hotel next door on the roof. I will stay here again!

• Stayed May 2013
CYFQ_Marriott, Manager at Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words!

We are pleased that we meet your expectations. We also appreciate your comments with regards to our location. We will also be expanding our gym and adding more amazing additional features. We look forward to your return.
Rosario
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

The location of this hotel is quite good, being very close to Canal Street and Bourbon St. However, most of the rooms don't have outside windows. Instead, they have windows that overlook an inner corridor.....in my case I arrived there at 6 pm and left the following day at 7 am, so this didn't bother me much. However, if I would have stayed a couple of days, the absence of sunshine/light would have made me want to switch to another place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Rockhampton, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

The rooms are very nice. The beds are quite comfortable. They have a guest laundry which makes it very handy for travellers who have been on the road for a while. The staff are so polite and more than happy to help you. However we booked for three adults and included breakfast in our package, but when it came to ordering breakfast we were only allowed to order two adult meals and one for the childs menu. It was very close to Canal Street, and the street cars ran up the street just out side and for only a few $'s a day it was inexpensive. I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
McDonough, Georgia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Recently remodeled and nice but pretty pricey. I would have expected a much nicer view for what I paid for this place. As a matter of fact I had no view. The room was nice, clean, and well kept. The bed was hard. Nice lobby area and they serve a light breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter? Share your experiences!