“Nice stay near the Quarter” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter

Save Saved
You added Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter to your Saves list
Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   124 St. Charles Avenue, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #86 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
South
“Nice stay near the Quarter”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights, some for work and a few for play. The hotel is very well located, only one block off Canal and very easy to walk to the Quarter for food and diversion. Hotel is very nice and clean with cafe in lobby that served great breakfasts. They serve other meals there also but I only got breakfast there. Staff is very helpful and accommodating. Rooms were nice and typical of Courtyards, a little small but very tasteful and clean. No view from my room as most look out over the inside courtyard of the hotel and have no outside view. Bathroom was very small but again, this is likely typical of hotels in this area. Had some problems trying to redeem a free stay night through my Marriott credit card and the ops manager never called me back to confirm I could use it. They finally got it worked out with Marriott so everything was fine. Overall, a nice choice, close to everything but far enough away to be quiet.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Worcester
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is the 1st Marriott Courtyard I've stayed at that does not offer complimentary coffee. Admittedly, it's a small detail. But I think Marriott Courtyards everywhere should be consistent on fundamental features. Free coffee should be one of them. It's not that I'm cheap, I simply don't want to worry about waiting in line at 6am for a cup of coffee. Everything else about this property delivers in spades on what you'd expect from a Marriott Courtyard experience. Exceptional common space. Modern rooms. Friendly service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Stuck in North Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We chose to stay here as part of our round-trip Amtrak trip. We stayed 3 nights and were very pleased. We got in on Amtrak about 9:30 PM and caught a cab to this Courtyard Marriott just a block from Bourbon Street.

We had a great lady to check us in and when we mentioned my husband's damaged knee, she upgraded us to an accessible room which was right around the corner from the desk. We got the AAA rate which included breakfast which was a very good deal. Coffee was available in this area and also water so we felt very well taken care of.

The lobby furniture was clean and comfortable and laid out in an attractive pattern so we felt we were in a much more expensive hotel. What a deal! I hope they are running the same deal when we return to New Orleans.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room - you *are* in New Orleans and expect some noise from partying neighbors.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a week over Halloween. First let me say that the location of the hotel was perfect. It was just off of Canal, and 2 blocks away from Bourbon. It was close to the French Quarter without having to deal with all of the noise that can come with staying in the FQ. The room was a great size with plenty of space for all of our bags. The bathroom was a little small and it was hard for the 2 of us to be in there at the same time, but it wasn't that big of a deal. The front desk was very helpful in recommending places to eat, as well as setting up our tours and what not. I would definitely recommend staying her, and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We found this hotel as a last resort when most other hotels in the area were booked for a conference, but we're extremely glad we did. It had clean rooms, courteous staff, and easy access to walk to the French Quarter or bus to the Garden District. It was just close enough to the hot spots of New Orleans to make for easy trips, but far enough away that we could get some rest when we headed back to our room. Absolutely perfect for location.

If I could improve one thing, it would be the curtains. The window looks directly into the bed and the courtyard style meant the windows were looking in from the hallways and other rooms. The curtains worked fine for privacy, but never quite closed all the way, leaving a small gap. I had to prop them closed with my laptop bag to make sure a gust of the air conditioning didn't expose us in the middle of the night.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

Just spent a week here and the hotel staff is very friendly, always saying hello and the door greeter always says, 'Welcome Back' when you return to the hotel. The room was clean, but the pillows on the bed were small, not the larger pillows found at most Marriott's. The front desk staff wore football t-shirts instead of Marriott outfits, which I found unprofessional and frankly, weird, but they were friendly and helpful. The hotel is 1 block from Bourbon street, making the location nearly perfect. A short walk to the casino and just down from beautiful Royal Street. This isn't the best Marriott I have stayed at, but it is in the top 5 overall and with its perfect location...I will definitely stay here again when I head back to the Big Easy..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed here for four nights and were pleasantly surprised. Although the room is not huge, it is decent size and there was plenty of room for my sister and me. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was fine.
We never made it to the breakfast that was available but the staff was accomodating in allowing us to get a yogurt at no cost.
The location is great - it is a very easy walk to Bourbon Street, Jackson Square, Harrah's, Superdome, etc. We did not take public transportation at all during our stay here as we were able to walk everywhere.
There was a city wide water treatment problem where you were advised to not use the water to wash your face and brush your teeth. It lasted about 24 hours and the hotel provided plenty of bottled water.
I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Courtyard New Orleans Downtown Near the French Quarter? Share your experiences!