We stayed at this Hampton Inn for a one night visit to NOLA. We arrived at 9:30 AM and planned to park our car at the hotel and do our sightseeing and check-in later since the check-in time was 3:00 PM. The valet "Eugene" was very nice and suggested I go to the check-in desk to see if a room was ready. I did not think they would as I travel a lot and never had a room ready at 9:30 AM. I was surprised that although the room they originally had reserved for me was not ready, they put me in a room that was ready and allowed me to check in. The room was a suite with a small living room with a sofa, chair, desk and tv separated from the bedroom. The bedroom had another tv and a very comfortable king bed and with all clean linen to include the duvet. There was also a mini kitchen with full size fridge, sink, coffee maker, and microwave. The hotel is a bit of a walking distance from the French Quarter, about 15 - 20 min walk, but is doable. I have 2 bad feet and was able to make the walk. There is free wifi and breakfast. The breakfast was great with many hot items like waffles, biscuits and gravy, sausage patties, cheese omelets, and oatmeal with various toppings. There was a good selection of fresh fruit, cereal, pastries and hard boiled eggs. The only thing that was a small negative was that my son likes to swim and the pool is very small, but he was too tired to swim anyway. Highly recommend this hotel for the value, location, and all the amenities you receive for the price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center is one exceptionally surprising choice! The Hotel opened in March of 2000 and is located directly across the street from Hall E of the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center and minutes from the French Quarter. The hotel features a beautiful renovation of a 1900’s classic New Orleans warehouse, and all efforts have been made to showcase and preserve the original materials of the building, including the hardwood floors, hand-hewed beams, exposed bricks and the unique tower section. In the evenings, guests can enjoy the charm of the building in our Warehouse Bar or relax by the newly renovated pool courtyard.The Hotel offers a complimentary On the Run hot breakfast buffet, high-speed Wi-Fi, complimentary access to the Business Center and Fitness Center, Clean & Fresh bedding, flat screen televisions, microwave and mini-fridge in all standard guest rooms and full kitchens in all suite guestrooms. The Hotel is 100% non-smoking. Valet parking is available for an additional fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Tingo, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Hotel New Orleans
- Hampton Inn And Suites Convention Center
- Hampton Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Hampton Inn