Stayed for 2 nights at the end of a tour of Texas & Louisiana. The reception & breakfast area was very welcoming and there is a small shop selling a variety of snacks & drinks.
Room was clean & comfortable with free wifi. As the layout of the hotel is quite confusing it can be quite a long walk from your room to get out of the hotel. With this in mind it would be helpful to sell bottled water in the vending machines rather than having to trek to reception.
As a previous review has mentioned, Mulate's (a 10 minute walk) is definitely worth a visit and we had a great meal - you should try the blackened alligator! It tastes like chicken!
However the best thing about this hotel are the extremely helpful & friendly staff. Unfortunately I had a medical issue whilst staying and would like to thank the concierge for his help with this and putting me at ease during a worrying time, especially not being used to the US medical system. He recommended a local urgent care clinic and called ahead to ensure I could be seen, before getting a taxi for me. On arriving back at the hotel the reception staff made a point of asking how I was and if there was anything they could do. The next morning the concierge also went out of his way to check on me.
This personal touch was very much appreciated and is what makes the hotel stand out from all the others.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Convention Center
- Hampton Inn & Hotel New Orleans
- Hampton Inn & Hotel
- Hampton Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites New Orleans Convention Center is one exceptionally surprising choice! The Hotel opened in March of 2000 and is located directly across the street from Hall E of the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center and minutes from the French Quarter. The hotel features a beautiful renovation of a 1900’s classic New Orleans warehouse, and all efforts have been made to showcase and preserve the original materials of the building, including the hardwood floors, hand-hewed beams, exposed bricks and the unique tower section. In the evenings, guests can enjoy the charm of the building in our Warehouse Bar or relax by the newly renovated pool courtyard.The Hotel offers a complimentary On the Run hot breakfast buffet, high-speed Wi-Fi, complimentary access to the Business Center and Fitness Center, Clean & Fresh bedding, flat screen televisions, microwave and mini-fridge in all standard guest rooms and full kitchens in all suite guestrooms. The Hotel is 100% non-smoking. Valet parking is available for an additional fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Venere, Expedia, Agoda, Hilton Hotels, Olotels, Otel, Priceline, Hotwire, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.