“Nicest Hampton inn I've ever stayed in” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1201 Convention Center Boulevard, New Orleans, LA 70130   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double HHonors Points
Ranked #16 of 153 Hotels in New Orleans
Baltimore, Maryland
“Nicest Hampton inn I've ever stayed in”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2011 via mobile

This place had a lot of character, since it was a converted warehouse. Great price, great rooms, overall a good place. The crowd got a little loud, but I guess that's what you should expect for a Friday night in new Orleans. I'd stay again.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

I stayed here last night for a concert in New Orleans. The hotel itself was great and very convenient for me. The staff was friendly and the room was large.

My only complaint is the bartender. I am from Baton Rouge, so New Orleans is only a little over an hour away from home, so we brought drinks from home for the trip. I had a 6-pack of beer that needed to be opened with a bottle opener. Before going buy one, I called the front desk to see if they had any and they said the bar does. When I went to the bar and asked the bartender if he had a bottle opener (and mentioned the front desk sent me), he said "Mine is attached". I hadn't heard exactly what he said so just to be sure, I said "Oh okay, so I should bring my beer down here to open?" and he rudely responded, "Uh yeah, unless you want me to get maintenance to come over here, unscrew the openers attached to my bar, and give them to you, you're going to have to do that".. and immediately turned away from me.

I certainly wouldn't have cared if he had just said no, but I was shocked by how rude this person was. I suppose he was angry I wasn't buying a beer at his bar. Little did he know, we were planning on going to the hotel bar before the concert but his attitude is the exact reason we decided absolutely not.

Other than that one experience, though, the stay was enjoyable and everyone was very helpful. The rooms had a New Orleans charm with the exposed brick walls, which made it feel less like a Hampton Inn and more like a hotel exclusive to New Orleans. I enjoyed that.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011 via mobile

Liked the look of this hotel--not your typical Hampton. Room had peculiar smell. Developed intense cough while staying there 2 nights, which disappeared the day after my stay. When I got home, my clothes held that odor. I suspect the room was full of mold, which may be a common problem in New Orleans. Regardless, I wonder how long it had been since the AC filter had been cleaned.

• Stayed September 2011
SaraBartlett, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center, responded to this review, September 30, 2011
Dear Valued Guest:

We are very sorry to hear about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites, New Orleans Convention Center Hotel and the inconvenience you encountered. I would like to get in touch with you and discuss your concerns with your stay. Please contact me at 504-566-9990 or email at mwakefield@highpointe.com .

Thanks and I look forward to talking to you soon.

Michael Wakefield
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

We stayed at this hotel from Sept 16-18(checkout on 18th). We liked the hotel and location and the staff were awesome(and friendly!!!!). They went out of their way to make sure we received what we needed.

My one complaint(and the reason I didn't give an excellent) was that there was an outdoor concert going on across the park from the hotel that was VERY loud. It actually went on from 5:45pm-3am with an intermission from 8-11pm. The vibrations from the bass could be felt the entire time the concert was going on. After going talk to the front desk around 2am, they informed my husband what was going on and said there was nothing they could do about it. If we were to stay here again, I'd ask for a room on the back side of the hotel(not facing the park).

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the backside of the hotel(not facing the park).
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Charlotte, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2011

The rooms were great, the staff was helpful, breakfast was a good, warm, continental, & the location was walking distance to the Riverwalk. Things to be aware of: 1. Because this hotel is in an old warehouse, it is very noisey. You hear every door open and close, people in the halls.... 2. You CAN walk to the French Quaters, but it is a pretty good hike! Look into public transportation to save some $$ to get around and see the sights. *Taking a taxi to and from the airport is cheaper for 2 people than taking the shuttle!!! That was a suprise to me!*

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
tecumseh oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We drove to New Orleans the last weekend in August to go out on a cruise. We reservered our room over the internet, selecting the "PARK, STAY AND GO PACKAGE". It included valet parking, which we thought was a great deal. To get to the French Quarter and Boubon St. is about a 15 to 20 minute walk. Our room was clean and comfortable and nicely appointed. We gave the hotel an excellent rating because we thought that from the room to the provided breakfast , and to the staff that we interacted with that it was all a notch above the standard Hampton Inn & Suites.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed there over Labor Day Weekend. Had a great going thru shops in French Qtr around Mardi Gras

We especially enjoyed the tour to Mardi Gras World. The many parade floats are made

here. Tour last 1 1/2 hr but you can wonder back thru the Warehouyse to have longer

looks Anyone who has been to New Orleans would really like the place.

The Hotel is really nice, First Rate.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Convention Center? Share your experiences!