“Average Hotel - Good Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne

You added Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne to your Saves list
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Rue Dauphine, New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #79 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Roswell, GA
“Average Hotel - Good Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

I've stayed at this hotel twice over the past 6 months while I was in New Orleans on business. The hotel is older, and you will almost certainly have some paint peeling on the windows, but the location is very close to the French Quarter experience - maybe a block away - so if you're interested in some Bourbon Street action, consider this hotel.

Frankly, the only reason I stayed at this hotel was because of the Priority Club points offered by Holiday Inn. If I am in the city again I will probably look around at some of the other Holiday Inn hotels in the area and decide if I want to revisit this hotel. If I were on a personal trip and actually paying for the room and the $30 valet parking fee, I would most certainly think twice.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2009

Just got back from Jazz fest in New Orleans. This hotel is well situated in the French Quarter. The room was quite clean, on the small side. The room we requested had a balcony sitting area over the side street. If you thought this would be scenic, as I thought it would be, think again. Our view was of construction materials, dumpster, portopotty, etc.
Not worth the extra money for this room. Our biggest complaint was the noise. The air conditioner is LOUD. Every time it comes it's enough to wake you. The windows and door to the balcony are old, no sound proofing here. Being the partying goes on into the wee hours in this town you get to hear all of it as you're trying to get some sleep. One night we were awakened to a street fight outside our window, and on another, we were awakened to the garbage trucks doing their collection at about one o'clock in the morning. This basically was not a great stay, and I would'nt stay there again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
buckeye,az
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

the hotel is a nice one in the front and lobby, but the room is another story. its very outdated and not even a microwave or fridge ( something i was surprise about) beyond that everything else was perfectly fine. the two ladies at the desk were very nice and knowable. even the bellman was delightful. the parking could be a little bit cheaper and the congicerne ( carol i think) very pushy trying to make us book a tour. the hotel must be a percentage. but even else like the food and sights were delightful

Midcoast Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2009

Since for us this was a huge Priceline bargain with no choice of room, we were not expecting too much. Turned out we found our way to Rm 552, tucked away on the top floor. Indeed, the room was small, but it was immaculate, with a great king bed and a view of one of the pretty courtyards. We enjoyed our four nights very much. We think this hotel reflects the quarter (not Bourbon Street!) pretty well. It is very convenient, yet the quietest place we've stayed in any city - amazingly. Good staff, great value. We didn't try the restaurant. I'm guessing it was cheap because they are renovating, but that didn't get in the way at all.

hebburn, england
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2009

my wife and I had booked a 1 month tour to celebrate our retirement beginning at Nashville for 3 nights, 3 nights at the holiday inn le moyne in new orleans, 6 nights in Vegas and 2 weeks with friends in san francisco. We have had a great time and stayed in the most excellent hotels, the exception being this one. We checked in and only then found the parking charges of 30$ nightly existed, one elevator was working which was both smelly and dirty, and the staff were offhand and not at all friendly. The room on the top floor was o.k., except for the condition of the window frame which had paint peeling and did not look safe. Then on our second evening there was a major power cut for which I accept the hotel could not be held at fault, but the response and actions of the hotel were a total disgrace, how a major incident was avoided I do not know as the emergency lighting failed soon after and guests were using fire stairs in total darkness.
My wife suffers from angina, but has never had to use her GTN spray for many months, 3 times she had to use it in 24 hours, the first time in the early hours of the morning, we were in total darkness, no telephone, and the fire alarm sounded. We looked out of our top floor window and saw fire tenders with flashing lights in the street below, and with no communication from the staff, I told my wife to place towels at the doorway while I groped my way downstairs in pitch darkness and if she saw anything to shout from the window. I got to the reception only to be told that it was a false alarm, but no one had the sense to inform any of the guests. I could go on, but the organisation of the staff, and the total lack of care or common sense means that we were happy to leave that hotel and new orleans the next day never to return, and would advise anyone to avoid this hotel like the plague. My name is Derek Welch from England, my wife and I have travelled extensively worldwide and throughout the U.S.A., and this is the first time in 30 years that I felt I had to make a complaint like this.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reno, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

The Chateau Le Moyne is a great hotel in a wonderful location in the French Quarter. You are one block to Bourbon St. with out all the noise. On every trip I make to New Orleans I stay at the Chateau. We go 2 times a year for many years. I am from New Orleans; when I go home to visit this is where I choose to stay and this hotel provides every amminity you would ever need at a very resonable price for the French Quarter. The rooms are clean, the breakfast is delicious (Eggs Benedict LeMoyne) and the bar offers the perfect place to get a drink and relax after a day out in the Quarter or the perfect place to meet before the night out. Not to mention the court yard with the heated pool, If you can stay in one of the Creole Suites I would reccomend it just simply for the history behind the suites, there is a lot of history in this beautiful historic building. Just ask any staff member and they can tell you about the Creole Suites. You truly step back in time when staying here. I often wonder what it was like at the turn of the century as a "Creole Town House".

california
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

I reserved my room a week in advance. I had fast, friendly service upon arrival. Hotel is in a great location. The first night, I was awakened at 3:30 AM because my Air Conditioner was making a loud noise and was vibrating the room. I tried to ignore it and simply made a comment to the front desk the next morning. Nothing was fixed and the next morning I woke up at 4:00 AM with the same issue. I called the front desk and they switched my room. The manager on duty acted like I was putting him out and at first told me that for me to move would mean that he would have to wake up someone else and have them move from their room because the hotel was full. After they sent a security guard up to my room and he came back down and told them that it was very loud and he had no idea what the noise was, they gave me a smoking room. I asked for a non-smoking room and they moved me again. So, I guess the hotel wasn't that full after all. The third night, my new rooms toilet broke and overflowed. It took an hour to get someone up to fix the toilet. Meanwhile I was standing over the toilet holding the broken lever so it wouldn't flood anymore. The toilet was fixed in about 10 minutes and housekeeping was called. A young man showed up at my door about twenty minutes later with a mop and a trash bag. The carpet was soaking wet and there was standing water in the bathroom. He put all my wet towels in the trash bag and moved the mop around on the floor (there was nothing to drain the water out of the mop). I asked him if he was going to leave it like this and he said, "Don't worry, it'll all dry up. Besides, I'm out of towels. If they get cleaned tonight I'll drop some back off." Of course, I never saw him again. So, two days later my room smelled like someone had used the bathroom on the carpet. I notified the front desk. They sent no one. So if anyone gets a room that stinks, now you know why.

The pool was nice, the location was great, but the service was terrible. I would not go back. There are several other hotels in the area.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne? Share your experiences!