“Good find ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne

You added Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne to your Saves list
Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   301 Rue Dauphine, New Orleans, LA 70112 (French Quarter)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #81 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Sherman oaks
“Good find ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Staying at the Chateau LeMoyne this week with my son, it's our first visit to New Orleans. This hotel is in a great location it's one block off Bourbon St so you don't get the noise of the quarter and it is so centrally located, you can take a nice short walk to all the restaurants, shops and sites.
The hotels concierge is awesome he hooked us up with all the best tour groups and gave us some discounts his name is Alan and if you stay here please see him for all your tour planning.
The courtyard with swimming pool is lovely, the rooms are clean and well kept by the housekeeping staff. I highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed July 2014
CLManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out of your vacation to leave a review! We are happy to hear that your trip is going well, and that you are enjoying our hotel. We like creating a relaxing environment for all of our guests to spend their time. We also love our close proximity to Bourbon Street, therefore making it easy to access fun and entertainment from the hotel. Thank you again for your review, and we hope that you enjoy the rest of your visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Lewes, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Really cannot fault this hotel. Great location for trips, eating, shopping and trips. Close to Bourbon Street, but not too close, but great for places to eat. We arrived late at night but no problems with checking in, room was clean and comfortable, furnishings were a little jaded, but added to the charm, beds were great, plenty of pillows and the mattresses were soft bathroom was a little small but this didn't create any problems, shower/bath low and easily accessible and clean. Staff were very friendly and knowledgable, especially Alan the concierge who gave us recommendations as to where to eat or visit, other staff also gave us recommendations and we couldn't fault their choices. Brilliant experience all round

Room Tip: Balcony rooms at the front are perfect for morning tea or coffee and of a night to watch the world g...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
CLManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Our friendly team enjoys creating a welcoming atmosphere for our guests to relax and have fun during their New Orleans vacation. It is good to know that you found our accommodations to be comfortable and welcoming. We look forward to seeing you again during your return vacation.
Alexandria, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

I stayed at the Chateau Lemoyne while attending a conference in New Orleans. The room was older yet clean. The hotel served its purpose for being in a great location in the quarter and a block from Bourbon Street. The room I had faced Bourbon Street and was quiet enough. I would suggest this hotel to anyone that is looking for an average but decent not frills accommodation.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
CLManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Thank you for leaving a review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you during your next NOLA trip.
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Ok the good, the bad and the ugly. This place is a great location once we found it. I know that sounds odd, however when researching the area via Google and making the reservation with member services I confirmed the address with them as the old address on 124 Royal Street which was also where the GPS took us. We endured and found you anyway :) But you may want to have your IT update your Google links.
First impressions: The Staff was amazing, friendly and there was a high presence of armed security (not something that I was alarmed at coming from the Ft. Lauderdale/Miami area). Great bartender Darin was a wealth of information and made a fabulous cocktail. This historical building is of beautiful architecture and its location is top notch on Dauphine a block off from Bourbon. It was quiet and there was a lovely center courtyard and pool area. The rooms were very clean with typical Holiday Inn Amenities, the only exception was the a/c vents required cleaning and were full of lint. This is my husband’s pet peeve as he investigated this when we found we could not get the air cold enough in the wee hours of the night. We have found that the air vent cleaning issue seems to be a problem across the board with most chains. His additional comment was that the smoke detector was probably originally from the 1980's it was yellowed so bad. So having said that NOTE: This is an old historical hotel and does not come without it's quirks. My following observations did not diminish the pleasure of my stay but only act as a warning to those who are used to brand shiny new trendy hotels. You will not find this here and if quaint is not in your vocabulary you need stay elsewhere. Yes the rooms are spacious however I would have liked to seen comfy Queens NOT hard Double beds for my 6'3" husband. The beds were not very comfortable as I am accustomed to in the Holiday Inn brand, but the overabundance of pillows were still there. I was traveling with two teens who did not cherish sleep with us adults and definitely did not want to share a bed together so we were always accustomed to the Holiday Inn brand offering a pullout, roll away or at least a couch. This large spacious room could have accommodated both or all, however I understood that the local fire safety codes did not allow this. So our male teen ended sleeping on the floor with the extra supplied pillows, blankets, sheets and a comforter. There truly has to be a better solution here guys. Additionally, I think it is time to upgrade the bathrooms. Unless there is some historical value here, the sink area was pretty much built for the size of people who lived during the 1800's. Its location height could have served as a urinal for my husband. On the bright side, it would have been perfect for elementary age kids. You had to enter the bathroom and close the door first before using the toilet otherwise your knees would hit it. Also the bathroom door needs to be shaved up in order to make space to accommodate the bath mat. When showering you could not open the door because it would inevitably get caught up on the mat jamming up the entry and exit. Holiday Inn in general needs to get the memo that when you book four people in a room you need to supply at least the same amount of towels, wash clothes etc... This seems to be a problem across the board like those blasted shower heads I detest so much. My only complaint which is with all HI brands they need to change the shower heads as they either spray around me my small build or power wash cycle me. I opted for the pool in the courtyard area which was a welcome hideaway from all things NOLA. Including more luggage stands in the room so I don't have to put bags on the floor and constantly bend over to dig things out would be a plus. Also understand that the elevators are small due to the age of the building which makes using the luggage carts a fun experience. We also rode the elevator to the basement in error one night and that was truly an amazing experience :) Older hotels like this tend to be haunted and creepy and I rode this one all the way to the bank making my teen companion shudder as I giggled. A big expense is that reservations should have disclosed that there is a parking fee of $35.00 a day (plus the multiple city & state taxes which made it considerably more like $45.00 a day) as it would have been nice to budget for that little travel nugget. NOTE: There is no express checkout, no in room refrigerator and the Wi-Fi was just ok, nothing to text home about. So be forewarned. Other than that I would stay here again if they change to a comfortable queen bed because it was so darn convenient for walking around the quarter and using the street cars!!! PS: Breakfast would have been a nice touch however we found Café Beignet filled the bill with a reasonably priced morning meal. Also honorable mention to Jacques IMO restaurant in the college area and well worth the taxi ride!!! Check out my reviews on those.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
We are sorry that you had some trouble initially locating us – that address is one of a different New Orleans hotel. We are located at 301 Dauphine Street in New Orleans, LA 70112. We understand how confusing the area can be – New Orleans is a huge city! We are glad that you eventually found your way to us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall and that you had a fun adventure on the elevators. We also love the great location in the Quarter and the proximity to the cable cars. We look forward to seeing you again during your next trip to New Orleans!
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Suites were huge, but smallish bathrooms.
Room was clean and well maintained.
Pool was shaded and very nice.
Bartender was friendly.
AC worked excellent.
Excellent location.
No view, but in 4 story city hotel, you shouldnt expect one.
Exactly what I would expect from Holiday Inn. Nothing too fancy but absolutely fine and completely appropriate for its price point.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
CLManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to review! We are pleased to know that you are satisfied with your stay at our New Orleans hotel. We look forward to seeing you again upon your return visit.
Kingston, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I picked this hotel for two reasons. One because I get points through Intercontinental/Holiday Inn Hotels and the second because it's right in the French Quarter. When we checked In the lobby and pool courtyard were lovely. The man who checked us in was nice. He said he had given us a room with a better view, but it was an adjoining room.
The room was horrible. The adjoining room door doesn't even close all the way. We put a chair against it. The curtains to the balcony were all torn up so the sunlight shone through. The locks on The shared balcony didn't lock on top. There were just holes where they once locked. The bottom portion barely locked. It took me and my son to wiggle doors just right to get them to lock on the bottom. The carpet was all torn up near the doors and the sheets were full if stains. We went down stairs to ask for menus and were ignored for about 20 mins while attraction guy was hanging out talking to the security guy.then I was told to just wait at the front desk for a menu. That person was actually working.
We were only at the hotel for 2 nights so I didn't say anything to the staff. I was afraid to move to another room that it may be worse after reading reviews. Don't stay here if you can help it. The room was dirty and run down. I'm so disappointed...

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are dismayed to learn about the issues you encountered during your stay at our hotel. This is not the service or accommodation experience that any guest should have at the Chateau LeMoyne. We would appreciate to discuss these experiences in more detail, especially with regards to the accommodations of your room. We encourage you to contact our Guest Services Manager at 504-581-1303 ext. 270 or todd.theriot@ihg.com to share your experience. Thank you again for bringing our attention to these problems.
Msida, Malta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I am late with my review but I am going to post it anyway. I planned a group trip for the youth at my church and we stayed at this establishment. I absolutely enjoyed our stay. The Sales managers that worked with me during this process were awesome. Everyone in our group had nothing but good things to say about the hotel. The kids loved the pool and I personally loved the sitting/patio area around the pool. There was plenty of space for our group and others staying in the hotel to be at the pool area at the same time. The rooms were very roomy and I had the pleasure of having a room with a balcony and I loved it. Will I stay here again or will I recommend the hotel to others? Yes indeed I would. It was a very enjoyable stay and I cannot wait for the chance to stay again. Thank you, Mrs. Graves

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel! It was a pleasure to work with you to help you plan out the details of your visit so that you could relax during your trip. We certainly love our pool too, especially around this time of year. We are happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to seeing you upon your return visit to NOLA.

Been to Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne? Share your experiences!