This was our eighth (8) Holiday Inn on our trip and our third visit to the Big Easy but a first to this property .
It is a very interesting looking hotel from the exterior and exciting to stay at a historic looking building with a courtyard pool.
Location is in the French Quarter and very close to Bourbon Street.
Valet parking was courteous and just a note that it is very close (across the street) to the hotel which would be good for in & out and worth the high cost of parking.
We had booked 2 King Bed Leisure rooms adjoining.
Front desk staff were accommodating but not too warm as she seemed busy at the time but we were the only guests there?
Made sure to confirm that we asked for adjoining rooms and clerk said it was noted on the reservation and they were.
We received rooms 351 & 352 which you would believe were close but not adjoining but that would be fine for us.
When we arrived at the rooms, which by the way are a very long way from the elevators (actually 352 is the farthest room possible) due to the courtyard in the middle of the hotel we found we were actually not near each other but that we were around the corner and at the end of another hallway! What happened to adjoining? We called down to the desk and were told the hotel was booked and that was all that was available! Thanks a lot!
Room 351 was a good size room and what we expected except that the "view" was a wall right outside the window that blocked every inch of view except a 3 inch narrow view of the pool at a 45 degree angle!
Room 352 was a very small room - so small that there was not even an easy chair (part of the King Leisure Room Description), a chest of drawers that was in a corner with the desk that could not be opened if you were sitting at the desk as it went over half the desk or only half the desk was usable but we did have a view of an enclosed back courtyard. The washroom opened directly into the room not at the side or down a hall and was less than private for anyone using the washroom as anyone else there had to look inside the washroom!
Mini fridges are not a part of the room but you can get one if you call down but on a first come basis.
In 33 years of staying at Holiday Inn this was the smallest and worst laid out room ever, but at least I didn't look out at a wall!
Both rooms had great king beds but the beds had 5 of what I would call "Golf Ball" pillows, Standard Pillows not king or queen that were wrapped into themselves to be round balls and very weird! They were not even close to the standard Holiday Inn Pillows we are accustomed to and although labelled soft & firm were actually all identical!
Air is controller from a wall thermostat and great and easy to use.
Rooms are surprisingly very quiet for being in the French Quarter.
Washrooms were a bit small but adequate, well lit with great towels and amenities and good water pressure.
Rooms and halls were very clean although in the two days we were there a small note pad page laid in the hall during the entire time.
Rooms were made up promptly every day and not too early.
Staff are courteous and helpful (except the front desk issue) and mostly eager to assist.
The pool area is a delight and makes you want to stay there with good towels and very clean.
We had breakfast at the hotel and it was very good with great service and product.
Make note there is no room service at this hotel and the restaurant is basically a breakfast use area. There is no service around the pool which is quite a surprise as it cries for this service.
All in all a great site with great amenities but very poor desk service some very poor rooms and views and could spoil your time in the Big Easy!
Upon checkout I asked the front desk to have management (manger temporarily not available) contact me and left my card but to date no contact from them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For distinctive boutique hotels, New Orleans offers the historic Holiday Inn French Quarter-Chateau Lemoyne. At this New Orleans hotel, immerse yourself in the nostalgia of a bygone era, just steps from Bourbon Street. Radiating quaint, New Orleans-style charm, this French Quarter hotel features a beautiful, secluded setting and historic architecture with modern amenities for your getaway. Pamper yourself with classically-decorated accommodations and thoughtful amenities including room service, complimentary high-speed Internet access and pay-per-view games and movies. Some rooms even offer windows or balconies with picturesque views of the French Quarter.Guests of New Orleans French Quarter hotels will not have to walk far to discover antique shops, art galleries and charming restaurants. A quick drive away, you can cheer on the New Orleans Saints at the Louisiana Superdome and take in some culture at New Orleans Fairgrounds race track, home of The New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival.After exploring the vibrant area, return to our boutique hotel to unwind as you lounge in the lovely courtyard tucked amid a dazzling collection of lush plants, flowers and incredible artwork. With a coveted locale near the Central Business District, Holiday Inn French Quarter-Chateau Lemoyne offers the best of both worlds among hotels in New Orleans. Experience the charm of the city s storied past combined with the luxury of present-day conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, IHG, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne Hotel New Orleans
- Holiday Inn Chateau Lemoyne
- New Orleans Holiday Inn