My husband and I decided we wanted to stay in the French Quarter during this trip to New Orleans. After checking several hotels and discovering either a lack of rooms or really expensive rooms due to the juxtaposition of July 4 and the Essence Music Festival, we finally found the Chateau Lemoyne, which had rooms available in our price range.
Our room and bath were both small, but clean and tidy. The room had two beds, a small round table, a 3-drawer dresser with a TV on top, an iron and ironing board, and an in-room safe. I was surprised at how small the closet was. Instead of the bar running side to side, it ran back to front and pulled out. It was so short that I had my husband hang up his shirts while I left all my clothes in the suitcase. At least the countertop in the bathroom was a good size and the water pressure in the shower was good and strong with plenty of very hot water. The room had a somewhat wimpy air conditioning system, so, since there was no ventilation in the bathroom, the room became humid and pretty much stayed that way. The beds were reasonably comfortable and the room (on the 4th floor) was quiet most of the time.
The hotel has a lounge (open from 3pm to 10pm) and a dining room (open from 6:30am to 10:30 am for breakfast). There's a small pool in the courtyard. Valet parking is extra and kind of pricey, but typical for the area. On the whole, we enjoyed our stay in this hotel and would stay here again, though it probably wouldn't be our first choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For distinctive boutique hotels, New Orleans offers the historic Holiday Inn French Quarter-Chateau Lemoyne. At this New Orleans hotel, immerse yourself in the nostalgia of a bygone era, just steps from Bourbon Street. Radiating quaint, New Orleans-style charm, this French Quarter hotel features a beautiful, secluded setting and historic architecture with modern amenities for your getaway. Pamper yourself with classically-decorated accommodations and thoughtful amenities including room service, complimentary high-speed Internet access and pay-per-view games and movies. Some rooms even offer windows or balconies with picturesque views of the French Quarter.Guests of New Orleans French Quarter hotels will not have to walk far to discover antique shops, art galleries and charming restaurants. A quick drive away, you can cheer on the New Orleans Saints at the Louisiana Superdome and take in some culture at New Orleans Fairgrounds race track, home of The New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival.After exploring the vibrant area, return to our boutique hotel to unwind as you lounge in the lovely courtyard tucked amid a dazzling collection of lush plants, flowers and incredible artwork. With a coveted locale near the Central Business District, Holiday Inn French Quarter-Chateau Lemoyne offers the best of both worlds among hotels in New Orleans. Experience the charm of the city s storied past combined with the luxury of present-day conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne Hotel New Orleans
- Holiday Inn Chateau Lemoyne
- New Orleans Holiday Inn