I spent Christmas with my mother in New Orleans (strange, right? It was okay except everything was closed and it rained the entire time heheh)
We stayed at the Holiday Inn Chateau LeMoyne Dec 24 - 27/2011.
We originally had a standard room that I liked! It had exposed brick and was large. My mother smokes, however, so the hotel gave us a balcony room which wasn't as nice and smaller but it was fine. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are clean and quiet.
The location of this hotel in the French Quarter is PERFECT. You are a stones throw away from Bourbon Street (if you're into that) and Canal Street/St Charles to catch the must-do streetcars.
Around the hotel are great dining option and there a lot of lovely side streets to explore. Right around the corner on Conti Street is a bar called The Bombay Club which has some of the tastiest martinis I have ever had - definitely check it out!
The service at the Chateau LeMoyne was incredible. Every one was super friendly and helpful and genuine about it too. We spent a lot of time at the lobby bar (it rained a lot so what else can you do there besides eat and drink?) and the bartender fellow was soooooo nice!
There breakfast restaurant is cute and large but not cheap but good if you have to leave early and have no time to find other quaint spots in the Quarter.
The hotel as a lovely courtyard with a heated pool that I never used (it was cold outside!!) but it looked great with the comfy loungers and plants.
I highly recommend this hotel who want something cheap but cheerful and comfortable! Again, the location is great and should be the biggest factor in a decision.
Thanks again to the wonderful staff and I will be back for sure :)
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne Hotel
- Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne Hotel New Orleans
- Holiday Inn Chateau Lemoyne
- Holiday Inn New Orleans
- New Orleans Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For distinctive boutique hotels, New Orleans offers the historic Holiday Inn French Quarter-Chateau Lemoyne. At this New Orleans hotel, immerse yourself in the nostalgia of a bygone era, just steps from Bourbon Street. Radiating quaint, New Orleans-style charm, this French Quarter hotel features a beautiful, secluded setting and historic architecture with modern amenities for your getaway. Pamper yourself with classically-decorated accommodations and thoughtful amenities including room service, complimentary high-speed Internet access and pay-per-view games and movies. Some rooms even offer windows or balconies with picturesque views of the French Quarter.Guests of New Orleans French Quarter hotels will not have to walk far to discover antique shops, art galleries and charming restaurants. A quick drive away, you can cheer on the New Orleans Saints at the Louisiana Superdome and take in some culture at New Orleans Fairgrounds race track, home of The New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival.After exploring the vibrant area, return to our boutique hotel to unwind as you lounge in the lovely courtyard tucked amid a dazzling collection of lush plants, flowers and incredible artwork. With a coveted locale near the Central Business District, Holiday Inn French Quarter-Chateau Lemoyne offers the best of both worlds among hotels in New Orleans. Experience the charm of the city s storied past combined with the luxury of present-day conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn New Orleans - Chateau Lemoyne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.