“What an amazing experience” 5 of 5 stars

1261 Esplanade Ave., New Orleans, LA 70116   |
Ranked #28 of 144 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Metairie, Louisiana
“What an amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2014

Storyville has one of the best courtyards I've seen around New Orleans. The room decorations are right on point. And it is in the perfect location, close enough to the fun of the French quarter but not right in the middle. It's great for a romantic getaway...

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Toccoa, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

I recently spent five days in New Orleans just to kick around, relax and enjoy the great food and music this unique city has to offer. It was my second stay at Storyville and certainly wont be my last. My room was very nice and clean. The owner, Barbara, has obviously been hard at work. Particularly on the back yard which has been transformed into a lush garden with a covered bar and sitting area perfect to enjoy book and a cool beverage. Storyville itself is in such a premium location. Quite neighbourhood just two blocks from Little Dizzies for breakfast or Buffas a laid back local bar also with great food and live entertainment. Only a few blocks further is the Fr Quarter. Got to love it! I'll be back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We have stayed here on five occasions. This place is a treasure. The rooms are spacious and beautifully appointed. The location is convenient to the quarter,Marigny,the museum district, and restaurants. We have greatly enjoyed our stays and will definitely return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Gan Yavne,, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

We stayed there on September 2013. The owner - Barbara, was very friendly and helpful. the room was big and very clean. Storyville hotel is located not far from the Frence Quarter.. We will advise our friends to stay there

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Storyville for a few nights on a recent trip to New Orleans. My room/suite was very nice, very clean. As the other reviews noted, Barbara is a good manager. The hotel is located not to far from Frenchman Street and Bourbon Street. I would stay here again for sure. Make sure you take a trip to Buffa's nearby for food and live music.

Room Tip: you can request a room with a kitchen.
Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

This was GREAT! Beautiful sidewalked street with comfortable front porch to relax with a drink. I traveled there with my 18 year old daughter and we enjoyed the easy come and go, the close proximity to the French Quarter. The taxi was usually ten dollars or less. This is New Orleans. Forget about the big hotel. The rooms were large, clean and the beds were very comfortable. We enjoyed the amenities and it was a nice place to come home to each night. We look forward to going back soon. We are from Boston and it was notably quiet and relaxing at the end of the day.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong booking your stay here. We had a lovely 3 night-er!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
New Orleans, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

When I arrived no one was there to greet me, just a note on the door with my keys. I have friends in the city who met me at the hotel and I locked us out of the room. Upon calling the owner of the Hotel Storyville to let me back in my room I was informed that she was "at dinner" and couldn't come for another 30 min. After about 15, my friends and I started sharing music with each other on the deck and it wasn't for another 30 minutes after that that the owner arrived to let us in our room. Immediately upon seeing me there with friends I was accused of letting 5 people stay in a room meant for 1-2. This however was not the case, as I mentioned above that I have friends who live in the city and the other person with me was my partner who I was sharing the room with. The owner doesn't believe me, accuses me of causing too much of a ruckus at her "esteemed hotel" and was then told I had to get out and that my money wasn't welcome there. From here the owner physically turned around and left the property. I called her and asked her to come back and speak to me however I was told over and over again that I wasn't the kind of business welcomed at her hotel and she would under no circumstances come back and speak to me. Authorities would threatened to be called if I did not vacate the premises. I have never been so rudely treated and felt so threatened in all of my life.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Storyville? Share your experiences!