“Now dat's some fun!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #118 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Earle
“Now dat's some fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012 via mobile

For all you nay-sayers out there, stay home, of it's hair you're looking for, order some Rogaine! We loved this place, the location was perfect. We loved the balcony overlooking the street and the accommodations. To best sum it up, charming would do it best! We loved it and will definitely visit again

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Los Angeles, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This place saved me from the scary Andrew Jackson hotel that is next door. I booked a room at the AJ and when I checked in I freaked out- It was a crack den for sure! So I asked if they could move me..and really to make a very long story short I just went outside to the Nine-O-Five and the owner was so sweet she had a room available and let me check in right then. It is so "New Orleans" really charming and feels like you are staying in your aunts house:)
I have since returned there and had just as great of a stay as the first time.
Actually this review is a long time coming because I just started reviewing but I promised I would do this because the owners are so lovely! Trust me you will not be disappointed.

It's not the Ritz so do not expect that. It is old but it is very New Orleans if that is what you are looking for.

Room Tip: I like the very front room with the porch!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

After reading some bad reviews of this place I said "what the hell I will try it anyway." My wife and I were so glad we did! If you want the French quarter this is the place. If you want the Hilton then its not. First of all its more like a bed and breakfest than a hotel, second the people there were great!! Larry was such a help!!! The place was clean, and in the best location right in the middle of things. I cant wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Childersburg, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is the second time I've stayed here and I really like antique decor, balcony, and porch. The relaxed friendly atmosphere gives me a homey feeling. I find the historical nature of the hotel inspiring for my photography activities in the French Quarter and surrounding areas.
It has always been clean and well neat.

Room Tip: The upstairs room with balcony access is fun.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2012

Avoid: disgusting, awkward and insane!

I arrived at Nine O Five Royal hotel to be greeted by painters and waited a bit till Joyce came out to greet me. It was a little awkward and not the warm southern hospitality I was expecting but she was still pleasant. I read some horrible reviews about this place but decided to give it a go. When I was shown my room it seemed kind of run down and dirty but still charming in a rustic way. I pulled back the sheets and literally found at least 8 hairs. I was going to let it go but at the bottom of the sheets was a clump of eyelashes- disgusting! I went to the office and pretty much had the door slammed in my face by a blonde woman with bad teeth. I kindly asked her to assist and I have never been so shocked by the response. If she hadn't said she worked at the hotel I would have thought I had stumbled into a mental asylum. She first went into crazy denial and called me a fool, I stayed polite and said it sometimes happens in very good hotels and all I wanted was the sheets changed. I even showed her the clump of eyelashes and she said she couldn't see anything and where was my magnifying glass. Well maybe she has some eye problems but take a look at my photos and judge for yourself. The woman stormed off uttering rude comments and slammed the gate and the office door- I was shocked! Then I ran into Joyce and tried to explain and she cut me off without so much as an apology and said the maid would come. I again offered to show her the sheets and she went into this rant about how she had never had this kind of complaint before like I was making it up, I then mentioned all the disgusting comments about the hotel on Trip Advisor and she said she never heard of it. Super awkward and leaves a very bad impression. All they had to do was apologize, say it never happens and how wonderful they are and change the sheets immediately and everyone moves on instead of alienate, deny and lie. The other bad thing was that they go against the norm and you cannot cancel and they immediately charge your credit card. By the way they did change the sheets and this time there were only 3 hairs in my bed! Avoid this hotel at all costs!

• Stayed May 2012
Indianapolis, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2012

Don't listen to all the whiners. This was a great little hotel in an AWESOME location. The owner was friendly and helpful. Our room was super clean and nice. It was small but it was authentic New Orleans. If you are looking for something extremely luxurious then this is not your place....but if you are looking for a great location at a reasonable price then it's great. We will definitely stay there again.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
san diego
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

The location was great. It was so great that I would stay across the street next time I visit NOLA. We had 9 people in our group so we had all but one of the rooms. The wall paper was literaly peeling off the walls. The paint was peeling off the front of the building. It was hell trying to get an extra towel. The bathroom had hair on the floor and was not clean when we arrived. Each day that our room was serviced all of our things were moved around by the maid. The room was small and that is okay so we used the kitchen to store our luggage. It was all taken out of the kitchen and left in the middle of our room so we had to straighten after the maid left. The room was set up for four people to sleep but there was not enough light in the dreary room to be able to get ready. There was not a dresser in our room. There wasn't a place to hang towels and it was a chore to try and get one extra towel. The owner was snippy and unhelpful from the first phone call until we checked out. Another of the rooms had a shower that would not drain. It was never fixed. I was so disappointed in this lodging. I have stayed in other old and renovated places in NOLA and they were tiny but wonderful. This was awful.

Room Tip: Go across the street.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Nine-O-Five Royal Hotel? Share your experiences!