Having stayed at this hotel numerous times, I am always nervous about which Ritz Carlton I will see upon arrival. Several stays in the past were marred by poor service, staff needing an attitude adjustment, poorly run spa. This time something drastic has changed at the hotel -- everything is perfect.
Friendly greeting by car valet. Extremely friendly welcome at front desk with a very well informed desk clerk who could tell me exactly where the room was located (specifically asked for our Executive One Bedroom Suite not to face Canal Street). Room was extremely large, one full bath, parlor and additional 1/2 bath. Extremely clean, QUIET, well maintained, fresh. Every staff member welcomed us in the hallways and lobby, bell stand and concierge worked as they should -- and have not in the past.
I was extremely pleased to see that the spa is now being run more professionally than I have seen in the past 5 years. The facilities are always well kept but it appears additional training has taken place so the staff understand their tasks. In the past no one would recommend that as soon as you enter there is no cell phone usage and to lower your voice so others can enjoy the facilities. I have had to leave on occasion in the past due to loud conversations both on phones and among staff. I am also excited to see some additions to the massage offerings such as Thai massage. Both my husband and I had excellent masseuses (Angel is very highly trained and I would recommend her to everyone).
I don't know what has happened but the improvements have brought this hotel back where it started - the top hotel in New Orleans. I plan to write Simon Cooper, President & CEO my thoughts so he can be aware that improvements have been made.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- The Ritz-Carlton New Orleans Hotel
- New Orleans Ritz Carlton
- Ritz New Orleans
- Ritz Carlton New Orleans
- Ritz-Carlton New Orleans
- New Orleans Ritz
- New Orleans Ritz-Carlton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Closed due to damage from Hurricane Katrina until December, 2006. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Amex, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com, Otel and Tingo so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.