“Le confort suprême dans la Nouvelle-Orléans” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   921 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #27 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
New Brunswick, Canada
“Le confort suprême dans la Nouvelle-Orléans”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2010

As my title indicates, the comfort here is supreme. I was taken aback by some of the reviews on tripadvisor, boy was I wrong. I don't know where these bad reviews are coming from, but this place is the epitome of luxury and nothing less. The staff is very nice; always ready to help and please. The hotel itself is very luxurious, impeccably clean & comfortable, I can be very picky, but I was not able to find anything to complain about. I looked everywhere in my room for dirt, dust, signs of mouse/rats or mold as mentioned in some previous reviews and nothing, everything was spotless. I was given a room exactly to my liking. Rooms are large, very clean, comfortable & quiet, the bed is pure comfort. You will feel pampered here. Yes, the decor is old world & traditional, but this is a Ritz-Carlton and it absolutely fits in New Orleans. If you want edgy and cool, go stay at the W Hotel. The hotel location is good to visit New Orleans, however the hotel is located not too far from an iffy & dilapidated area... keep that in mind, but I can't see why tourists would wander in that area anyhow. If you are just curious, take the Canal streetcar going towards the cemeteries and you will see what I mean. I would return at the Ritz-Carlton New Orleans in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business

1,289 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Charlotte, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

We stayed at the Maison Orleans, which is the club within the Ritz Carlton. It was FANTASTIC. It was our 5th wedding anniversary and all of the staff, from the concierge to the housekeeping was intent on treating us royally. There were champagne and chocolates upon our arrival (and not just regular chocolates--handpainted goodies and strawberries dipped to look like they were wearing miniature tuxedos) and our room was gorgeous. We actually had a view with 3 large windows overlooking Iberville down to the French Quarter. Our room was on the 8th floor.
The bathroom was spacious (tub fit myself and my 6'-5" husband), the room was spacious and unlike previous reviewers, I thought housekeeping did a really great job keeping us well stocked with fresh towels, toiletries etc. The bed was very comfy too and I love turn down service when it is done properly, which this was...including putting our slippers on each side of the bed.
The staff was very friendly and forthcoming with recommendations and pointers. Jaoul (at the desk), Anne and Andrea were so helpful.
When you stay in the "club" at Maison Orleans, there is food and beverage available 24 hours a day. The breakfasts were considered continental but too me they were more than that. Lox, fresh fruit, homemade oatmeal, omellette station, French pastry and cereals etc were wonderful to choose from.
The buffet of goodies at the elevators (chocolate chip and other cookies, French Macaroons, hand painted toffee pieces and taffy) were especially welcoming after a long day traipsing around the city. Also, the cafe au lait was delish.
And I thought the facility itself was well appointed with French bergere chairs, old paintings and beautiful chandeliers. You can sit in the library or a living room setting to have cheese and crackers and a glass of wine in the afternoon as well.
My husband and I have traveled quite a bit and we tend to be underimpressed....However, this place really charmed us. That being said, I would DEFINITELY go back and stay here and I was sad to go.

Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2010

This was my first Ritz-Carlton. I got a too-good-to-refuse rate of $179 a night to try it out. The service was great, and the room was wonderful with a big-screen HD TV and a cozy pillow-laden king bed. It's on the edge of the French Quarter, a block from the end of Bourbon Street. So what's the problem? Nothing, really. They turned off the water from 9 p.m. Sunday to 6 a.m. Monday for repairs and of course I forgot in the middle of the night. Any food items were priced ridiculously out of reach for someone on a government expense account. I just saw a lot of smaller, quaint, New Orleans-y hotels that seemed more my style. It's my own fault for getting caught up in the Ritz-Carlton hoity-toity. I was out of place among the black ties and evening wear.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2010

Nice size room, good location, great staff but the whole atmosphere was slightly lower than a regular Ritz-Carlton hotel.

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2010

Lovely, safe, convenient, charming; just steps into the French Quarter. Also across the street from the green trolley that goes to the garden district and Tulane/Aubdon Park area. The spa was nice, especially the mimosa champagne massage. Hot stone pedicure fine, but maybe not worth all the money. Food, only sampled during big company dinners, was very good. Jeremy Davenport, who plays in the Davenport Lounge most nights, is great jazz with a Big Band sound. It would be my choice to stay here again unless I found a nice boutique hotel instead. But thoroughly enjoyed the experience, and loved how it was calm, clean and civiliized but also in the midst of the insanity of the French Quarter.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
HotelManagerRCNO, Hotel Manager on Duty at The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans, responded to this review, April 17, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Ritz-Carlton New Orleans. Your feedback is incredibly important to us as a hotel that prides itself on providing the finest service and facilities in the city.
We are incredibly grateful for the generous comments. The ladies and gentlemen of The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans strive to provide memorable service for all of our guest. We work towards this goal daily. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience and we hope that you will return to our city and to The Ritz-Carlton.
Minneapolis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

We were at the hotel for a conference and upgraded to a suite which was very spacious and lovely. The bathroom was large, however, the lighting was very poor. The makeup mirror wasn't much better. I had to go to a window with a hand mirror to put on makeup. The suite, in general, was dark because of its location in the hotel. The workout room is well appointed with good equipment. I didn't have time to enjoy the spa which did look very nice. Bellmen were very efficient. The courtyard was a good gathering place.

Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

I had planned to stay at the RC for three nights in March 2010 while attending a convention. The reservation was made on Expedia at a $279 rate. Knowing that I would be arrivng late (10pm) on the second day of the biggest convention to hit New Orleans since Katrina I called ahead and requested that they look after my reservation. I did not want to get bounced.

When I arrived at check in they graciously welcomed me and explained that they were oversold and had moved me to another hotel. They explained that and that my rate would still be honored at the Marriott. I explained that I did not think that $279 for the Marriott was a great bargin. Then we began negotiating....

The front desk clerk named Andrew was quite skilled. He was able to make an unpleasent situation acceptable. After a few moments and a talk with the GM he aggreed to pay for the first night of my reservation and send a comp for two additional nights at any Ritz property. I accepted and aggreed that this was a fair trade for an otherwise unfortunate situation.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans? Share your experiences!