“It is the Ritz” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans

You added The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   921 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #26 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
NY
“It is the Ritz”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

If you like Ritz Carlton's you will be happy with this one. It seems a little out of character in NOLA, since this is the capital of sleaze. Rooms are a decent size and the interior ones look out over a lovely courtyard. Courtyard was one of the best parts, had breakfast there as well as late evening coffee. The concierges are very good. Biggest negative is that there are big groups. Second negative is that you have to go on two elevator banks to get out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over the courtyard
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

When you think of the Ritz, you expect perfection. This was definitely up to that standard. We were here for a bachelorette weekend - not only were the rooms amazing (I stayed in a suite with some friends but also saw the regular rooms) but the service impeccable!

Our suite had 2 queen beds, a giant closet, large living room with a small dining room, and an ENORMOUS bathroom with 2 sinks and 2 showers (one shower, one shower / bath combination). Turndown was great, the space was great, and the service was like no other. The beds are beyond comfortable, free coffee and water in the room, even the toiletries were luxurious. It's also great because it is less than 2 blocks from Bourbon street but being that it was on Canal, it felt very safe and far away from the craziness of Bourbon. One thing that was strange to me is that the lobby is on the 3rd floor. Although it was strange, it is also nice because we felt very safe. You couldn't get to the elevator that took you to the rooms unless you had a room key, which having traveled with 16 other girls, was a nice safety feature.

I would not hesitate to say here again. Although it's pricey, it's well worth it for this amazing hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Ft Worth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

I stayed here twice and the first time I had the club level access which was great!!! Food and drinks all day. Staff was super friendly! When I stayed without club level I didn't have as much fun so I highly recommend getting the club level.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

From the valet to the check-in service to the outstanding room and the professional and lovely staff ... The Ritz-Carlton will now be the only hotel I will stay at when I am in New Orleans. Just perfect.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My boyfriend and I were there for a family wedding on June 14, 2014 and the entire staff working the wedding were extremely nice and attentive. After the wedding, some of our family went to the Davenport Lounge to continue the evening and we decided that we needed a room. Emily, the manager in the Davenport Lounge, was extremely helpful in making our room reservation (even though she could have just pointed us towards the front desk she truly went above and beyond so that we could enjoy ourselves in the Lounge) - as was Ben, at the front desk. Our room was lovely and Ben even followed up with us by calling to make sure the room to make sure that our room was satisfactory!!! Kristi was my very large family's server in the lounge, quite a task, and she delivered flawless service! We never had to look for her to order or had dirty glasses on the table and she even gave everyone separate checks!!! The next morning I realized I had lost something and when I approached Rudy, the concierge, who was able to quickly recover my lost items!! We are locals and we were very impressed with the level of warm service that every single employee we came into contact with at the Ritz was wonderful and willing to make our experience there memorable. We will certainly be back and will certainly stay at Ritz hotels whenever we travel!!

• Stayed June 2014
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I stayed here during the week for a conference. The hotel use to be a department store and was converted about 9 years ago to the Ritz Carlton. This is a historic building and has LOTS of charm. The hotel staff was fantastic, very accommodating and proactive.
I loved the courtyard in the lobby - such wonderful space and a great atmosphere.
My room was very spacious and nicely appointed. Turndown service from housekeeping was a bit inconsistent. Some nights the tv was turned on in my room and others times it wasn't. This wasn't a big deal at all but just not expected from a Ritz. I loved the morning housekeeper, she greeted me by name every morning and wished me a great day.
The location of the Ritz can't be beat. It is 1 block from Bourbon Street and all the French Quarter has to offer.
I would definitely stay here the next time I am in New Orleans.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Luxury in the french quarter, a wonderful base for your trip to NOLA. Excellent service from staff. The public rooms and the garden bar are beautiful spaces. Walking distance form the best restaurants and attractions.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans? Share your experiences!