“Great but expensive” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans

You added The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   921 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #28 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great but expensive”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The club level at this Ritz had the best service and food (at least on this trip) of all the ones we have been to. It is far from cheap but the location is excellent, we walked wherever we needed to go.Other than a couple of maintenance issues in room (closet handle and bathroom door hanger) I can't find anything to fault.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Had a blast in New Orleans - and where better to stay than the Ritz right near Bourbon Street. Great location - Mardi Gras parades went right by the hotel. Perfect service - everyone at the hotel was so helpful. Peaceful stay steps from all the craziness!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Mumbai
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

Locaion! Location! Location! The property is right behind bourbon street. Yes, 1 block away - that's how close you are when you are here. I stayed here in 2012. Spent a splendind 4 days and had an amazing experience.
Room service is great.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

It's a very nice hotel, the rooms are a great size. I was shocked that the property is showing some wear. I've stayed at several hotels in New Orleans, for the price I would pick a different hotel. I also overheard other guest in the elevator stating the same thing.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
JOliver-GM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Nrntvn,

Thank you for expressing your enjoyment with our room size, but I would like to apologize that you felt our hotel was a bit worn and not worth the price. I do take pride in The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans and I am sad to learn that the hotel did not meet your expectations. Please know that I walk our property on a regular basis to ensure our guests are able to enjoy the finest facilities, unfortunately this time, we fell short.

I greatly appreciate your feedback as it helps us move our operation forward. Again please accept my sincere apology for your dissatisfaction. Thank you for choosing The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans.

Best Regards,
Jim Oliver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This was my first time staying at a Ritz-Carlton Hotel, and it was not at all what I expected... I thought it would be a lot more luxurious than what it actually is... I have to say that I've stayed in hotels with less of a name and way nicer. Overall the hotel is ok, its deco concept is very old europe, so if you are into floral prints and a ton of craft motifs this is your hotel. I stayed there with my boyfriend, we were on a business/pleasure 2 day trip and we had 2 little incidents.
First, on our second day, the internet didnt work, I call the front desk 2 or 3 times and they couldnt fix it... Also, I found it very tacky that they charge you extra for the internet and you are only allowed to use it on 2 devices... My bf and I have 2 phones and a laptop each, and we need to be online in order to work, so long story short, we couldnt work at all from our room. Later that day, we came back to the hotel around 3 in the afternoon, to find out our room wasnt done!! It was still a mess! We were tired, we still didnt have internet and we couldnt either rest or work. Fortunately, the front desk manager was very helpful and kind and got us an upgrade to a room on the Club Level, wich was formidable! We still couldnt use the internet and we barely got any rest, but the amenities that they offer in the club level are great! If you get a chance to stay at the club level, do it, is worth it. I hope this helps.

Room Tip: Club Level is worth it.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Surprisingly poorly maintained. Several problems with the room - door lock didn't work properly, phone not working and chipped sink. None a big deal but not what you'd expect at the Ritz. Also the reception is oddly set up being on the third floor. Rooms don't have much of a view - basically you see another building. Overall a bit disappointing.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
JOliver-GM, General Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear JamesMorton,

I would like to apologize in failing to meet your expectations. Our credo states “we pledge to provide the finest personal service and facilities for our guest,” but I am sad to learn from your feedback that we fell short. Please know I take full responsibility for any key/lock issues you might have had as well as the fact that your room was not up to The Ritz-Carlton standard you expect.

We are constantly striving to identify our defects in order to avoid reoccurrence and all feedback helps us move our operation forward. I can assure you, I will personally see to it that these opportunities are resolved to the best of my ability.

Again please accept my sincere apology for your inconvenience. Thank you for joining us and I hope you give us another chance to re-instill your faith in The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans.

Best Regards,
Jim Oliver
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

The room wasn't all that jazz but the hotel itself (the lobby, main entry, courtyard) had a beautiful authentic french feel for it. We had a slight room complication but we weren't in the mood to fuss and the staff was really accommodating. Its location is awesome as you can walk to Bourbon Street and into the French Quarter. Stayed here for a quick weekend getaway and we'd definitely return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans? Share your experiences!