“Ritz Carlton on business” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans

Save Saved
You added The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans to your Saves list
The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   921 Canal Street, New Orleans, LA 70112 (Central Business District)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast
Ranked #27 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Des Moines, Iowa
“Ritz Carlton on business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful hotel. Staff was polite and friendly. The head bartender bent over backwards to serve us. Front desk was anxious to serve us. It's a little weird when you first get there. You need to get on the elevator and go to third floor to check in, the doorman could be a little friendlier and guide guests instead of being a confusing first experience after a long flight.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

1,297 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Reedville, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

This is a wonderful 3 1/2 star hotel. When you first arrive, we were greeted by a chaotic operation. It was close to 2 hours to have our luggage brought to the room, and that after two phone calls. When we arrived, neither the bellman who took our bags, nor the valet who took our car told us to take an elevator to the third floor to check in, so we wandered around a bit and asked directions from a passerby. When registering I was a bit miffed that they do not really recognize the Marriott elite status and the Club floor costs extra $$$, and my room was a European city view (rooftops and walls) even though I requested an upgrade as a Gold member. The manager, Mr. Snooty, said the ritz is special and not part of the Marriott chain. That said the housekeeping staff however is 4 star, the beds are very comfortable, the rooms clean and they did provide a coffee pot when requested. The location is 4-star right on Canal and a short walk to Bourbon. It is one block from Deanies, a great restaurant. Parking is $40/day. One day the hotel was without electricity or water for four hours. A minor inconvenience and most Marriotts place an alert on their website regarding construction. The ritz should send their managers to shadow Marriott managers to see how to make this a 4-star hotel.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Patterson, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

From our arrival to our departure was everything a hotel should offer and I must say The Ritz Carlton did just that! The hotel itself was totally gorgeous! The smell of the gardenia candles greeted us throughout the hotel lobby as well as the politeness from the staff and valet and concierge. We did experience a power outage on our last night there but even that didn't make us upset; We had the best view overlooking the city so we made the best of it and opened our drapes soon after your oh so nice manager, Mr. Mark Clark sent us some flashlights and a candle up to our room. He was the sweetest and very accomodating! He knew we were celebrating one of my friend's birthday and sent us up a cart of sweets and something to drink now how thoughtful was that! The cleanliness of this hotel was top notch and I can not say any one was less than polite and accomodating to us. However, it was five of us and we were all looking to have a girl's day of pampering at the spa but they couldn't schedule us all at the same time. If they can change that then we'll be more than grateful! We were also given a later checkout time due to the power outage. I must say all of my girlfriends including myself are looking forward to celebrating our birthdays or special events at your hotel! I'll never forget the smiles of our bell boy Corey and how helpful he were to our needs, Vincent whom we shared good conversation with as he fixed our hot chocolate and coffee for us and there aren't enough words to commend Mark Clark for making our stay so memorable and has us all planning to come back!!!

THANK YOU FOR STARTING OUR NEW YEAR OFF WITH RIGHT!!!

Room Tip: Ask for the manager Mark Clark in assisting on your choice of room that'll best accomodate your...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Mount Dora, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We had a great stay at the Ritz in New Orleans. We had a corner king suite with concierge level access. The room was very nicely decorated and spacious. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. They were nice to my two year old daughter. The hotel has beautiful paintings hanging throughout and a quaint New Orleans style outdoor courtyard in the middle of the lobby floor. Jazz bands played at the hotel lounge. The hotel was very clean. The concierge level had good food,drinks and desserts. My daughter loved that they always had out big glass jars of cookies and candy. The hotel's location was great. You could step outside and easily walk to everything in the French Quarter. I have stayed at this hotel a few times before and have always had a pleasant stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Clearwater, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed at this location for the first time and it was our first time in New Orleans. The hotel is right on Canal St. two blocks away from Bourbon St. The room was always cleaned, with plenty of fresh towels. Our view was not great (wall of another building) but that didn't matter since we spent most of the time outside anyway. The bed was so comfortable and the room service was great. We ordered in movies and checked out via TV which was super easy. The lobby was beautifully decorated with Christmas lights above and Christmas trees everywhere. We found that when we used valet parking it took way too long for them to retrieve our vehicle. We waited for at least 25 minutes and my husband had to go and check with the guys again if they were still getting our car. For $44 per day to park there, I feel the service should have been a little faster. Other than that, the hotel was comfortable, clean and centrally located.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Staffs at the lobby and conceige are very nice and helpful. We got the breakfast package but I will recommend you get your breakfast somewhere else. The first night on Dec 21st, there is a very drunk couple throwing a party next door from 8:30 on and then they went out - came back with more noises. I think other than his being crazy, the thin wall played a big part. I waited till next day to ask for possiblity to switch to another room to get some sleep and after I came back, a few minutes later, the power went out. I called downstairs and the girl who answered the phone got really annoyed for some reason and said " we are working on it and hung up on me. I had breakfast and told conciege the power was out. They were polite and nice and said they would see to the matter but refused to tell us the status of this power outage. I thought I'd give Ritz some credit and left for touring around town. At 11:30 pm, we went back, the power was still out! and they told me I can check out if I want or I will be send to another property which would be far from the quarter - I chose Ritz for the location so I don't have to rent a car, which made the second choice not optional. So I opted to pack my luggage and moved to a hotel . They did help me with the booking and offered the previous night for free.

So overall, the service and the staff were all good. I just wish they can tell me the power outage in more details in the morning when I made inquiries twice, instead of going back to a dark room with no power with one letter stating that I can either check out or be transfered. Luckily, the rest of the trip went more smoothly.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Nice, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Amazing property with absolutely stunning staff and mind blowing food. Words do not do my stay justice. Everyone was so accommodating and helpful!

Close to lots of the character that I wanted to see in New Orleans while not feeling like I was in the thick of it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, New Orleans? Share your experiences!