A good hotel -- excellent service -- but a bit too adorned for the holiday -- a Ritz
Carlton should be a bit more refined and subdued, but each morning the hotel seemed to add more decorations and louder music. There needs to be some discretion in a hotel of this caliber.
The hotel must fix its key card system. If your room key goes anywhere near your mobile phone or pda, it deactivates, and while the front desk staff will cheerfully replace it, this process gets tiring after a while.
Had trouble with the room wifi -- and was put on phone with a call center off site. Took an hour or so of prodding to get it fixed. Hotel staff wasn't as helpful as could be -- nor did they check up on progress.
Finally, the hotel has a new ad campaign which they play on the in room television (set during turn down service). The campaign -- which is quite good -- doesn't match the reality of the experience.
- Also Known As:
- The Ritz-Carlton New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- The Ritz-Carlton New Orleans Hotel
- New Orleans Ritz Carlton
- Ritz New Orleans
- Ritz Carlton New Orleans
- Ritz-Carlton New Orleans
- New Orleans Ritz
- New Orleans Ritz-Carlton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Closed due to damage from Hurricane Katrina until December, 2006. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Agoda and Venere so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.