Wife and I stayed over the New Year of 2012. The hosts are very welcoming and the breakfasts were excellent. If you are up early and have to get out for something, there is always something that you can make for yourself for dinner, or if you wait until breakfast is served, you won't be dissappointed. The hot tub was very nice to use on the cool evenings and the rooms we stayed in (Scarlet) was great. The home has high traditional ceilings and a historic feel to it. The location is a bit of a walk or a very short cab ride from either Frenchman street or the French Quarter. The walk was good most days to burn off some of the great NO food. Would stay with Glen again for sure. I hope my travels take me back to New Orleans
- Also Known As:
- Hh Whitney House On The Historic Esplanade Hotel
- Hh Whitney House On The Historic Esplanade Hotel New Orleans
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Southern Hospitality and Old World Charm in this 1865 Italianate Beauty. Your hosts, Glen & Randy, have created a near-perfect oasis for you to enjoy while visiting the nearby French Quarter, Fairgrounds and City Park, all within easy walking distance. Rooms and suites feature queen beds, custom amenities, ceiling fans, hardwood floors, in-room safes, free Wi-Fi. Property features lush tropical garden with swimming pool and hot-tub. Full breakfast and complimentary off-street parking is provided. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your HH Whitney House on the Historic Esplanade reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.