“Nice Hotel Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Taste of NO: Save 20%
Ranked #95 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Atlanta, Georgia
“Nice Hotel Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

I stayed here for Essence Music Festival. The staff is friendly, helpful and patient. Especially Gena who helped me! The room was clean, comfortable & nice. I don't know if this would be a deal breaker for you but the toilet is like those at an elementary school with the kick knob flusher lol I cackled when I saw it. I don't know if every bathroom is like that but that's not a big deal. Just as long as it's clean, and it was. Beds and pillows were soft. About 10min walk to the Morial Convention Center and 20min walk to Superdome. Harrah's Casino is right next door and it's on Canal St. where you can pretty much get anything you need. I would stay again.

• Stayed July 2010

897 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

Hotel has a convenient location as it is across from an upscale shoppping mall, casino, Canal street trolley, and Riverwalk. Check in went smoothly. Cookies were hot even though we checked in at 9 PM. We were told to park in the parking garage across the street. There is not a hotel discount for parking there so just pay at the garage exit ($20.00 per night). Out hotel room had a wet and mildewed ceiling tile, and the commode had a seal leak and seeped water on the floor. Bathrom vent was full of dust. Rooms are small, and there is little sitting room in the hotel lobby or elsewhere in the hotel. Hotel pool is adequate, though there is a minimum number of plastic lounge chairs. As a Hilton Honors Gold member, I find these items to be bothersome. They are putting money into the construction of a new entrance facade when more attention needs to be given to the interior to bring it to expected standards.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
El Paso
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2010

This has got to be the worse experience I have ever had at a hotel. Our reservation was placed two months in advance for a non-smoking room with two beds from July 2-7, 2010. We are staying five nights at $190 a night and this is what we got, a smoking room with one bed, and was only told at the front desk that it was going to be a smoking room, nothing about the one bed, when she asked us how many beds we needed, oh they provided a roll-a-way, only thing is I had to move the chair into the hallway to fit the bed. The t.v. was older than me and the speaker was shot. the bathroom was so small you have to step into the tub to close the door, no fridge in the room, doors are cheap and horrible. only sheets on the bed no blankets/quilts, plus on top of that, i had to pay $14.95 a night for internet. I will never recommend this hotel! how can you take a reservation and state that it will be held till 10am the following morning, yet not provide what was requested in the reservation? What if someone in my party was allergic to smoke, asthmatic, or worse... we wouldn't have gotten a room? completely unacceptable no wonder I will continue to stay at the comfort suites... free internet, modern amenities(flat screens) oh and $85 a night. unsatisfied doesn't even come close to how I feel. the only good thing out of this whole stay was the hot cookie when I got here and mine wasn't even hot. You can take that cookie and... well i'm sure you can figure out the rest. Thanx for nothing!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

We checked into the hotel on Sunday and the room we were given did meet our needs. The desk staff were very accomodating and switched us to another room. Later that evening we discovered that we left our phone chargers in the first room. The housekeeping staff had left for the day. On Monday we told our server (Marie) in the restaurant about our situation. Marie was very eager to help us,she immediatley contacted housekeeping and put us in touch with Lucia (housekeeping manager). Lucia was so friendly and understanding of our situation that she came to our room with some chargers (we needed two types) and we found one that worked for one of our phones. When we showed Lucia the type we still needed she said that she would find it. 30 mimutes later she knocked on our door with our charger in hand. My wife and and I could see the pride in Lucia's face knowing that she helped us. Cell phones are as important to a traveler as is a room, car rental,etc. The chargers themselves are expensive, so it is great to see a person,like Lucia, come to our rescue. I hope the hotel recognizes what value a people person/hard worker like Lucia is to the Double Tree Hotel.
Bill Burke
San Diego CA>

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2010 via mobile

Our first problem was upon arrival when we were told we could not park our car
instead we were given poor directions to a public garage about 5 miles away
We had requested a roll away bed but upon check in were told they had not placed one but said they would
When we arrived at room keys would not work
we had to wait 20 min and 2 phone calls before correct keys were given to us
I could go on about more specifics but bottom line is that we never received rollaway after speak to front desk numerous times
the air conditioning system would not work
room walls were paper thin and we could get no sleep
will never return here

• Stayed June 2010
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2010

Aside from the location, everything about our stay was unacceptable and disappointing. Everyone has commented on the lack of parking, and it was no different for us. We were upgraded to a suite, but given the condition of the room, I would have taken a standard room. The whirlpool tub was ancient and cracked and if we wanted a shower, it was in another room, a key swipe away.(we only found this out after 2 calls to the desk) Even then, the tub didn't drain and the bathroom was tiny. Furniture was beat up and filthy. Springs were broken in the mattress and the whole place smelled dirty and stale. But don't bother mentioning it to the front desk. They do not care.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

Came here for conference and was the last hotel available (now I see why). The staff was friendly and I even dealt with the service guys (my ac wasn't cooling) they were curteous and fixed the problem.

The rooms are dated, small tv, expensive Internet which was very slow so I only used it fr one night, parking is a rip off, and the bathroom is tiny.

Overall I would not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2010

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans? Share your experiences!