“Fabulous service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #94 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Texas
“Fabulous service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We visited New Orleans for a week-long stay preceding our daughter's weddding. We were utterly blown away with the friendly, cheerful, and extremely helpful service at the Doubletree New Orleans. From the wait staff to the front desk, concierge to valet, EVERYONE was top notch: remembering our name each day, asking how they could be of further assistance, and generally making our stay not just memorable but excellent.

The location is great and within walking distance of numerous landmarks and fine restaurants. We'd return there in a heartbeat!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

899 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
Nashua, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was very concerned about noise after reading reviews. I'm happy to report we had no noise issues at all. That maybe because we had the loudest a/c unit ever. There was something loose that rattled constantly.

The furniture in the room was pretty beat up but it did not impact our stay. Bathroom was extremely small considering the large sizze of the room.

Allen at bell services was very helpful in booking tours for me. He even fixed my husband's suitcase when he saw the zipper was broken. He was able to negotiate with a taxi driver on our behalf when we wanted to go to the car rental near the airport. He provided excellent customer service!

The best feature of this hotel is the location. It can't be beat!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Destin, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

We just got back from New Orleans where we stayed at the Doubletree on Canal St. I normally go to NO several times a year, but have never stayed there. Only did it this time because all the regular hotels I go to were either booked or way overpriced. DT was clean, friendly and in a great location. Walking distance to Quarter, next door to Harrah's, easy to get cabs to go to uptown and Garden District restaurants and shopping on Magazine St. Room was fine, but bathroom was very small. Only one person at a time in there. No problems.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I had a discount with AAA and got a great price on this room. The location is fabulous. Service was great, lovely staff who were very helpful downstairs. I did find that things were a little noisy on a Saturday night with people coming home late, but gee, this is New Orleans and what do you expect? And this was Halloween weekend! Beds are nice and bath towels were lovely. I had a lovely stay and glad I got a room here.

Room Tip: Thanks to the staff for great service.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Seaside, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

Great staff. Everyone seemed intent on making our stay wonderful. Shawn and team did a great job. Had a sick friend and housekeeping was all about making her as comfortable as possible. They went way beyond expectations

• Stayed October 2012
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I went to New Orleans to meet up with some friends and family and we had a great time! The staff at the Double Tree were extremely nice and very accommodating. It was a great place to stay on Canal St. right next to the casino and just a few blocks from the quarter. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to NOLA for a good time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Austin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I had this worst experience during time of Hurricane Isaac. I made reservation for Labor day long weekend (through Expedia) and was going to drive from Central Texas to NO. Due to Hurricane, hotel was closed until 31st August and road condition was not good for me to reach there by time. I called Expedia to confirm if hotel is re-opening soon and they emailed me back on August 31st that they haven't heard anything from Hotel so stay tuned. Finally what they heard back is that hotel was re-opened on 1st Sept so they cannot refund back. No matter if you have traveled/stayed or not.
Very disappointed with the behavior. Never ever going to stay at Double Tree and use Expedia for travel reservation. There are plenty other sites who does better job then they do.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
gjguerra, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Please accept my apology for the difficulties you encountered with your reservation as a result of Hurricane Isaac. While I cannot speak for your reservation in particular, as I do not know the reservation information, I can say that the hotel never closed during the storm and we were in constant communication with the Expedia. We honored all confirmed reservations, and also waived any cancellation fees due to the storm for all guests including those who reserved through third parties. When booking through a third party, it is important to note that your payment is to that third party. The hotel is not aware of the rate paid or the method of payment you used, and therefore cannot issue a refund on the third party’s behalf. As I stated, we waived all cancellation fees as a result of the hurricane but it is up to the third party to issue the refund. I do hope that this issue can be resolved. If I can be of any help please let me know.

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Hotel New Orleans? Share your experiences!