So I had a tough time deciding what to rate the hotel. The staff was awesome, from the front desk, to the maintenance guys, to Ms. Cathy who kept our room spotless and always had a kind word when we saw her. However, the room itself was not great.
First day we had the toilet overflow. Called downstairs, was told someone would come up immediately, no one came. Called again about an hour later and they were very apologetic and finally sent someone up. Guy who came was awesome & fixed problem quickly. Next day our sink clogged up. Called again and another maintenance guy, (Luis I think? Hispanic guy, really nice) came in and took care of the problem. The a/c was a hot mess. We never quite figured out how to work it so it was either freezing or really hot but never a nice room temp. All that being said, the place was always clean, and when problems did arise, they were taken care of with a smile.
So although the facilities weren't great, the customer service more than made up for it.
We didn't have any problems with the neighborhood either & didn't really find it all that sketchy. Hotel is right near highway, which was awesome, and easy to find. Parking spots are narrow but free! Breakfast was decent. Oh and free wifi that worked really well. Pool was also clean. And washing machines worked well.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Motel - New Orleans Hotel
- Super 8 Motel - New Orleans Hotel New Orleans
- Super 8 New Orleans
- Super Eight New Orleans
- New Orleans Super 8
- New Orleans Super Eight
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Super 8 New Orleans is conveniently located off I-10 at exit 240 A or B, and is the closest Super 8 to the French Quarter. We are located within minutes of the French Quarter, Bourbon Street, the Convention Center, Business District, Cruise Port, Superdome and many other iconic Big Easy attractions. Super 8 would like to offer there cruise guest FREE PARKING while on your cruise.(Except during Major Events) We invite you to come stay with us at the Super 8 and enjoy our southern hospitality at its best while enjoying some of New Orleans best and finest. We are within minutes of all major city attractions making it easy for you to indulge in what the city has to offer. Super 8 offers Free Parking, breakfast, Wireless Internet, Fitness and Business Center. Enjoy our wonderful outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Otel, HostelBookers, EasyToBook, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Super 8 - New Orleans reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.