“Pleasantly Surprised!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Atlanta, Georgia
“Pleasantly Surprised!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

We drove in and the neighborhood did not look welcoming so we were apprehensive about staying. We went in and got greeted very warmly and professionally by the front desk person, so based on that we asked to see the accommodations before registering. The room was on the 2nd floor right off the elevator and was clean. The furnishings we very basic but for the great rate we had our expectation was simply a clean quiet safe room and we got that PLUS great service from all of the staff there. They have a 24 hour guard on duty that patrols the premises like a hawk. Be not affraid! It's also right off of I10 and across the street from the metro bus that takes you to a street car that takes you into downtown New Orleans. We had a great, great 3 night stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Super8NO, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 - New Orleans, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Mr. Gregory,

I would like to thank for taking the time out of your busy schedule and send in a review. Super 8 staff strives to make sure all our guest are happy during there stay. Once again thank you and we hope to see you again soon.

638 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

The hotel is conveniently located just off the highway with easy access to the downtown area. Staff was very friendly and helpful. They genuinely care about their guests. I arrived at the hotel around 1pm, well before check-in but the hotel was very accomodating and allowed me to check in early. When I was searching for my room I encountered a housekeeper who not only directed me to my room but then went out of her way to open the door for me, seeing that I had my hands full. When I walked in the bed was not made. I asked the housekeeper about it and she said she would go find someone who would help her make the bed but also suggested I call the front desk. I called the front desk and she was very apologetic and said she could move me to another room but I happened to really like my room so I suggested if they could just make my bed I would be satisfied. The housekeeper came back with another employee to make the bed and before they could finish 2 members of management were in my room ensuring that everything else was inspected and as it should be. They apologized for the inconvenience several times and assured me this was not a common place occurance. About an hour later there was a knock at my door and the front desk attendant handed me a gift bag and thanked me for staying at their hotel and again apologized for the problem. The following day I did have an issue with the drain pull on the sink sticking, but I called the front desk and they sent someone up who fixed it promptly. Someone mentioned in another review that this was not a safe area which may or may not be true. However, most people who are coming to New Orleans and opt to stay outside of the downtown area are either coming to visit family or enjoying the attractions in the city, so I don't see why this would be an issue. The hotel itself, despite what may be around it, felt very safe. I am a single woman traveling alone and I never felt in danger. If you want a nice place to stay with a great courteous staff this is the place to stay.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ms. Amy,

I would like to thank you so much for sending in a review about our hotel. I am glad that you had a great stay with us. Our staff really goes above and beyond to make sure our guest are happy. Once again thank you and we hope to see you again soon..

1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012 via mobile

We called to reserve a room and asked if it was pet friendly since we were traveling with our dog, they said yes, of course when we got there it was not! The location was scary, bad area I did not feel safe with my 2 kids. It got worse as we got to the room, bugs in the shower and I am sure i was bit by bed bugs in my sleep because I woke up with a rash and itching all over!!! I will not recomend this place ever!!! When we spoke to the front desk the next morning as we checked out they said it was the first time they had heard about bugs in the room, which is surpricing since reading some reviews, I am not the first to mention it.

• Stayed May 2012
Super8NO, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 - New Orleans, responded to this review, June 3, 2012
On behalf of our Management Staff I am very sorry that you did not have a great experience at Super 8 New Orleans. I am also sorry for the mislead about pets, we are not a pet friendly hotel, I will have a talk with the front desk staff. Our hotel receives monthly inspections through our exterminator. I am sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you. I would hope you give us another chance and we would like to offer you a 20% off your next stay with us. We thank you for sending in a review, because we take everything and learn from it to make our hotel better.

Thanks,

Petersburg, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2012

Bryan, the desk clerk, was very helpful. He explained how the bus to downtown stopped right across the street, thus saving us hefty parking fees in the French Quarters. Hotel has lovely, private pool. Cathy, the maid, was generous with lots of fresh towels. Continental breakfast held in a lovely dining room. All in all a good experience at very modest price.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a quiet a.c. unit
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Super8NO, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 - New Orleans, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear Mrs. Kay,

First of all I would like to say Happy Anniversary from all of us at Super 8. We would like to thank you for sending in a review for our hotel. I am so pleased that Bryan took care of you guys. I hope you guys come back next year for your anniversary, so we can do something special for you.

Thanks,

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Everything was great! From the moment we entered the lobby until we left 4 days latter we experienced friendly helpful service from the late afternoon/evening shift desk attendant to Cathy who took care of our room. I would highly recommend this hotel for any traveler to New Orleans who appreciates a 10 to 15 minute access to just about any place in New Orleans by car. I also recommend parking for free anywhere outside of the enter city along one of the trolley lines and then purchasing the RTA day pass for $3.00 from the trolley conductor the first time you board. If you like you can just catch the bus at the hotel using the RTA pass for buses as well as trolleys.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. James,

First of all I want to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write a review about the hotel. We really enjoy having you at the hotel for 4 days. The staff really enjoys making our guest feel welcome. We hope to see you again soon.

Pensacola, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

The room was suppsoed to be non-smoking but has a stale odor of smoke. I suppose it could be because all the rooms around us were smoking rooms and ours was not designated non-smoking on the door like the others located in the main corridor of hotel. Furniture and furnishings were also riddles with cigarette burns. I brought it to the attention of mgmt but they wrote me off. There was a power outage that lasted well over 12 hours and the only thing staff would say was that we were welcome to check out and go somewhere else. The pictures are old and misleading as well. this is a very rough area of town and I dont suggest this location with children.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Super8NO, Guest Relations Manager at Super 8 - New Orleans, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
On behalf of Super 8 management, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience during your trip. We want to thank you for sending in a review, because we take everything and learn from it. I personally would like to say that I am sorry for the smell of smoke, we should have moved you right away. But for the power outage, that is out of our control. There was an accident that took place that day, if that was not explain to you, I am very sorry. We hope that you will give us another chance and visit us in the future.

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

Clean, conveniently located and manned by a friendly, helpful staff. The design is actually kind of charming, too -- a three story courtyard-based layout with lots of New Orleans-style wrought iron.

The 94 bus stops right at the motel and can connect you to everything if you're note driving.

I'll be happy to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
I would like to thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to send in a review on our hotel. We are so excited that you enjoyed your stay. Remember you are always welcome at Super 8 New Orleans.

Kenneth Matherne

Been to Super 8 - New Orleans? Share your experiences!