“Very Average Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #104 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Cumming, Georgia
“Very Average Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The best thing about this hotel is the location one block from Bourbon St. The rooms are very nondescript. Our room was clean and plenty large. The first night we had to ask for bath towels. The TV did not work. Did not try to use it until our second day. I told the front desk about it but nothing was done about it. After the first day we did not get drinking glasses in the bath room. Most of the time there was no one at the concierge desk. It was at best OK considering the modest price. If you are looking for a four or five star experience go elsewhere. If you are looking to save a buck on a room this is a good choice.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Biloxi, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I have stayed at this hotel having excellent service each time. My last visit in August 2014 left me unsatisfied and I reached out to the hotel to note my issues that had occurred. My issues were taken seriously and I was requested to try their services again which I did May 8-10 of this year.

Everything was excellent! The Valet attendants Navi (sp?) and Dre were exceptionally polite and courteous each time I brought my car in or out. Cleveland our Bellman was extremely polite and thoughtful. Amy at the front desk was exceptional and had a great personality. I love New Orleans and have friends that live there where I can stay but sometimes we just want to stay in the Quarter and the Wyndham has proven to be exceptional. I sincerely appreciated their efforts from the moment I voiced my concerns and Im extremely happy to have returned and had an amazing stay. I will be booking there again soon.

~ Christopher

Room Tip: The elevators can be an issue during peak check-in/out times. I'd get there before peak times an...
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

It was ok, when we checked in my husband, not the bellman unloaded the car, then our room was in the corner so I unloaded the cart cuz I guess he couldn't fit him & the bag through the door. We didn't want maid service & they could've offered clean towels or to empty garbage. But the people at the desk & the bellman on the way out was fantastic.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Amoma.com

Herndon, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We love staying here and being able to workout in the small but very useable workout room. They have a pool if you want to swim. The room was clean and staff was friendly. The location is perfect. You can walk everywhere and you are close to the streetcar line which is cheap and easy to use. The elevators do get crowded so feel free to take the stairs going down. You can beat the location where you are close to everything but you can still sleep at night.

Cleveland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The hotel is a nice place. However, the lobby is way too small some guests had to wait outside. Get your parking spot early because you might have to park down the street. Don't expect to check in early, not even one hour. Hurry up and wait the elevators are the worst I have ever been on. Usually two out of three were stuck. The staff was ok, just ok. Location was perfect.

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
VARANASI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The only good thing about this property is the location - right in the middle of french quarter district in the downtown, one of the best locations for walking tours and restaurants.
Rooms are spartan - no refrigerator, no coffee maker etc. The service leaves a lot to be desired. One can go on trying the in-house extension numbers for room service, concierge and house keeping in vain because you won't be able to get through.
The hotel offers free wi-fi but the network didn't reach up-to the 19th floor where I had a room. Incidentally, you have to change elevators if your room happens to be on 19th floor or above because lobby elevators do not go beyond 18th floor.
The worst experience of the stay was during check-in. After having traveled for 24 hours, reached the hotel at 10 am and was informed that the check-in time was 4 pm and the room is not available. Curiously, the check-out time is 11 am and it seems that the house keeping takes full 5 hours to clean and make the room ready for the next guest. Anyway, I was waiting in the lobby for 4 hours while people were coming and getting checked in on a regular basis. Finally, a front desk girl took pity on me and I managed to enter the room.
For the tariff that this hotel charges, there are excellent options available in the vicinity and my recommendation would be to go in for any of those rather than this one.

Room Tip: If you really have to stay here, ask for a room below 18th floor.
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled on business

Been to Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!