“Brief three day stop over” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #104 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
“Brief three day stop over”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was the last stop of our 9 day hoilday in the US. My wife and I agree that New Orleans is a wonderfully friendly city and this hotel is ideally situated in the French quarter. The people in New Orleans are among the warmestv I think I have ever met. The hotel was excellent in every way. The rooms were clean and well appointed. There may have been a little back ground noise, but hey this is a busy hotel in the French quarter, a bustling busy area. The reception staff were brilliant even when pressed by the great number of clients who always seemed to be booking in. Always polite and approachable. The restaurant next door served excellent food. I would certainly aim to stay here again.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My girlfriend and I just stayed here for a night. The room is nice but the staff is not very attentive to the details. Forgot to put soap in the bathroom. Also, the housekeeping kept knocking on the door at 830, 9 and 10. Each time they would let out a sigh because we were still in the room. Overall nice establishment but bad service.

Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Martinez, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Stay was great except was charged twice for parking was told it would be taken care of wrong Room number was put on my parking ticket yet have not had time to check if done asked front desk to put my rewards number in he signed me up as a new member

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Cowes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Pleasant hotel and a very good, central location - easy walking distance from all the delights of the French Quarter. Made special by nice staff, especially wonderful Amy on the front desk who could not have been friendlier or more helpful.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Columbus, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Hello, my name is Darin Cordell and I recently stayed at a Wynham hotel on 5/20/2015-5/24/2015. I am not one who normally complains, but I was very unahppy with my stay and feel that in this case it is warranted, especially at the cost of close to 850.00 (which included parking).

First of all, trying to call the hotel ahead of time was difficult to say the least. I called twice and left message and noone ever returned my call (hours later). Then, I called back a third time and someone finally answered. When I asked my questions, I was put on hold for over 10 minutes and finally had to hang up and call back. At that point they finally answered my questions (which was simply about parking and room refrigerators). Little did I know how this was to be foreshadowing for the rest of the trip.

When we got there, we were given twins beds instead of a kind bed that I reserved with my reservation. I am 6' 3", this means my feet hung off the bed the every night. Needles to say I was unhappy with this. When I communicated this to the front desk my only response I got back was that all the King beds were sold out and there was nothing they could do. I understand that point, but one of those sold out beds should have been mine as I reserved a king size bed. Not to mention, the front desk was not very pleasant to deal with. I am used to happy, helpful, and nice staff. Unfortunately, none of this could be used to describe this staff.

Then, I get to my room. We have a letter notifying us that we were unable to use the showers at night!!! Which is the main time I take showers (before heading out for the night or after coming back for the night). This was a huge inconvinence, especially since a place to shower is one of the main things you pay for in a hotel stay. Well, onto the next problem. This one seems like a little thing, but when you are faced with you, you understand how irksome it is. We couldn't use the tv!!! Not that we were there to watch much tv, but it is something we like to do while one person is gettting ready (the other watches tv while waiting). The problem was with the remote. It didn't work. Should have been a simple enough fix. However, I was faced with the unfriendly and unhelpful staff yet again. I had to call mutiple times over a couple of hours before anyone at the front desk would ever answer. Finally, when I got an answer, they did promise to bring a new remote right away. Well, an hour later no remote and it was about time for us to head out into the city. So we coulnd't wait any longer. Called the front desk again and they said they would let someone know again to bring up a new remote. Never got one. I had to go down to the front desk myself to get it. NOT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

The next issue is with the elevators. They were not all working. This meant lenghty, lenghty waits for an elevator. Once we waited 15 minutes. This is because even though one would stop on our floor every five minutes or so, it would already be slammed pack full. So we had to wait in the hot hallways for along time every day instead of enjoying our vacation. And today, the day we left, was particularly bad becuase we had to make several trips to bring our luggage to our car. What should have taken 15 minutes tops, took over an hour. Totally unacceptable. This also pushed us to run late when departing to go back home. So, the last thing I needed was the one more headache that was in store for us. Trying to leave the parking lot was another big bother. My credit card was on file upon checking in. The morning we checked out we received our bill under the door which showed where we paid our daily parking fee. But trying to get out of the parking deck was horrible!!! I packed away my receipt from that morning. Not knowing I would need it to exit (and certainly no one ever told me I would). I had the parking ticket they gave me upon arrival and was told to keep it in my car dashboard at all times, which I did. So when leaving, I don't understand why they couldn't use this again. Instead, they wanted to see my receipt for parking, which was already packed away. There was certainly no easy way for me to get to it. However, that is was the attendant was demanding that I do. That, or go back inside (and would have had to wait for a lomg time due to the line at the front desk). I finally convinced them of how unecessary this all was. If they needed proof I paid, she could have contacted the front desk. She had a computer and a phone to go along with my parking ticket. If she needed to verify that I paid, she should have been able to do so instead of giving me such a hard time. Not to mention, if there was any doubt, my credit card was on file.

This had been the worst hotel experience I ever had. I am thouroughly dissapointed. I hope Wyndham does the right thing to make this up to me!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Lovely & Affordable friendly staff....Right in the heart of everything, Restaurants awesome food is very pleasant & pleasing for taste really enjoyed......Nice place to visit & sight see everything all kinds of shop for gifts in all very nice

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!