“Jazz Fest 2015” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #105 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Hiram, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed here during Jazz Fest 2015. It was great! The room was clean and neat, the bed was comfortable enough, the TV worked well, and the staff was very friendly. The location is awesome, right in the heart of the French Quarter on Royal, a block from Canal and two blocks from Bourbon (if you're into that sort of thing). The only two minor downsides: very slow wireless Internet with no Ethernet hookups in room, and the elevators can take quite some time (so plan ahead if you have to be somewhere or use the stairs). I would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Great location in The Quarter. Close to the bus line to Jazz Fest at The Sheraton, but convenient for going out in the Quarter at night.

Wonderful pillows, quiet, well appointed.

Only negative - our water bottles were not replenished after first day.

Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Dunwoody, Ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Good location, friendly registration clerk and clean room. Wi-Fi was impossible to sign on to. "Help desk" posted on Wi-Fi access site was useless. Dialing "0" for operator got me a busy signal and then a message center. Ultimately I had no internet access while I was there and I really needed it for business.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Our stay at the Wyndham was very good except for the Saturday evening crew and their method of handling a busy situation. We spoke with the morning manager and she was much more pleasant and helpful, although I am not sure if she had followed through with what she had offered us a compensation for the inconvenience that I and the other guests with me were offered. It probably should've been handled with something right there on the spot instead of putting it to the side and obviously forgotten. When I asked during our checkout There still was no follow up, even with the better crew. It was to be handled was all I got. I don't ever complain about things normally, but in this situation my roommates, myself as well as other guests were disrespected by the night staff on 4-18 (Saturday night) I would just like to know this was handled and that it was used to teach the staff a proper way to handle people, no matter who they may be. Thank you for our stay and I would like to say that I would stay again, but I hav been to other hotels in the same area and didn't feel disrespect or ignored by any other employees. Thank you for our stay anyway

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Craig M, General Manager at Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Valued Guest:\
Thank you for taking time to review my hotel. I apologize that we did not handle your situation to your satisfaction. Please contact me so we can discuss as I am not clear on what happened and what we were supposed to do to correct it. My direct number is 504-613-3201 or email at cmouney@wyndham.com. I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks, Craig
Westland, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The only thing that was terrible about our honeymoon was the Wyndham French Quarter in New Orleans, Louisiana. One of the main reasons my wife booked it was because the deal we got supposedly included a free breakfast. Our first morning, we asked about where breakfast was, and the lady at the front desk (who knew who we were because she’s the one who checked us in the night before) said breakfast is in the restaurant/bar that was connected to the lobby and that it’s $16 per person. Our room itself wasn’t any better. First of all, there was no waste-basket in the entire room, including the bathroom. Seriously, I had to call and request a waste-basket. The bathroom was another issue. First of all, it was so tiny that only one person can stand in it. A firehose would’ve been more soothing than our shower. It was like getting pelted by a machine-gun, and there was no way to change the setting. The water would bounce off the person and go over the shower curtain and flood the bathroom floor whenever we would shower. I did not like stepping out of a shower into a pool of water that went all of the way past the vanity. We also didn’t enjoy the addition of a hair that could never be ours in our stack of towels. So, overall, on top of having a room not up to the supposed “Wyndham standards”, we figure they also owe us around $90 just for the breakfasts!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to review my hotel. I am very sorry that we did not exceed your expectations. Whenever we have a honeymoon couple it is our responsibility to make sure we go over the top to make your stay a most memorable one. You only get one honeymoon and it’s our job to make it the best. I am very disappointed this did not happen. Please feel free to contact me so we can discuss. My direct number is 504-613-3201 or email at cmouney@wyndham.com. I hope to hear from you soon.

Been to Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!