“Feeling disrespected” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #105 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Feeling disrespected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Our stay at the Wyndham was very good except for the Saturday evening crew and their method of handling a busy situation. We spoke with the morning manager and she was much more pleasant and helpful, although I am not sure if she had followed through with what she had offered us a compensation for the inconvenience that I and the other guests with me were offered. It probably should've been handled with something right there on the spot instead of putting it to the side and obviously forgotten. When I asked during our checkout There still was no follow up, even with the better crew. It was to be handled was all I got. I don't ever complain about things normally, but in this situation my roommates, myself as well as other guests were disrespected by the night staff on 4-18 (Saturday night) I would just like to know this was handled and that it was used to teach the staff a proper way to handle people, no matter who they may be. Thank you for our stay and I would like to say that I would stay again, but I hav been to other hotels in the same area and didn't feel disrespect or ignored by any other employees. Thank you for our stay anyway

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Westland, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The only thing that was terrible about our honeymoon was the Wyndham French Quarter in New Orleans, Louisiana. One of the main reasons my wife booked it was because the deal we got supposedly included a free breakfast. Our first morning, we asked about where breakfast was, and the lady at the front desk (who knew who we were because she’s the one who checked us in the night before) said breakfast is in the restaurant/bar that was connected to the lobby and that it’s $16 per person. Our room itself wasn’t any better. First of all, there was no waste-basket in the entire room, including the bathroom. Seriously, I had to call and request a waste-basket. The bathroom was another issue. First of all, it was so tiny that only one person can stand in it. A firehose would’ve been more soothing than our shower. It was like getting pelted by a machine-gun, and there was no way to change the setting. The water would bounce off the person and go over the shower curtain and flood the bathroom floor whenever we would shower. I did not like stepping out of a shower into a pool of water that went all of the way past the vanity. We also didn’t enjoy the addition of a hair that could never be ours in our stack of towels. So, overall, on top of having a room not up to the supposed “Wyndham standards”, we figure they also owe us around $90 just for the breakfasts!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This place is absolutely beautiful!!! The main lobby will take your breath away, and it only gets better as you go up! There are a few resturants in the hotel, so you don't even have to leave the building if you don't want to. The rooms are spacious and had one of the most comfortable beds I've ever had at a hotel. Clean, quiet and very luxiourious. The place is also super hi-tech including swanky key cards for the elevators and a TV that welcomes you by name when you enter your room.

Room Tip: We were on the 21st floor and could see EVERYTHING in the French Quarter. It was a great view!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Saint Joseph
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Overall experience was OK. Too many sidewalk sleepers drinking day and night right across the street. Urinating in broad daylight in your driveway. Internet was way too slow and hard to connect to.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We went to NOLA for the first week of Jazz Fest. I'd booked online in February to make sure we got a nice hotel in the French Quarter because my travel partner has health issues and we did not want to have to walk a lot. This hotel, which runs off peak about $175-$200 per night, averaged $300 each night of our 5 night stay due to the special event. It was a former Holiday Inn and is really nicely renovated. I want to say before I go a minute further that the staff were just lovely and accommodating. I had called a number of times in advance with questions and kept talking to Jeannie, and when I met her it was like seeing an old friend. The hotel has a lovely pool, gym and business center. There is an attached restaurant, Deuce McAllister's Ole Saint Kitchen and Tap (rated 4 stars here on TA), which serves above average food, is open late, and will deliver room service to you in the hotel. (I'd go elsewhere for breakfast which is so-so. Many better places.) Our room was very pretty, enough room to walk around in, with very comfortable pillow top beds, but we were disappointed in the utter lack of counter space in the bathroom. We actually had to put our toiletries on the back of the toilet tank. There was also a hook on the wall next to the bathtub but none on the door, so you couldn't hang more than one towel anywhere in the bathroom. They have a shelf under the sink (which has nearly no counter space around it) but it is used for towels and extra toilet paper. That could be easily fixed with the installation of a towel rack in the shower and a double shelf below the sink for guest toiletries. Another issue was the internet. It was barely there, and when I needed to be online at a certain time, signs in the business center noted the internet was out. We had to depend on our cell phones for connectioins. To me that is unforgiveable when you are paying $300 a night. Some other reviews earlier in April noted elevator issues and said there were only two elevators and one was out. That confused me because there are 4 elevators and they were all super-responsive, and there are repair people there constantly who are on a yearlong project to upgrade all of them. One other issue that puzzled me: In every hotel I've been in recently, housekeeping cleans the dresser, desk and nightstand surfaces and will tidy loose clutter into piles. This crew did not touch our surfaces, even though they were sandy from what we inevitably tracked in from the Fair Grounds. I am not sure if this is bad service or standard practice in New Orleans.

Finally, a large issue - which is in no way their fault - is the location. The hotel is on Royal between Canal and Iberville, surrounded by pretty antique stores and lovely hotels like the Monteleone, but alas the street itself is somewhat seedy. As well lit and populated and patrolled (there is a strong police presence throughout the quarter) as it is, there are still people who lurk in store entrances in the evening. I'm a mature woman, city bred and usually unafraid, and when I was with my male companion I was secure. But the one time he stayed in after dinner and I wanted a walk, I didn't go any further than the end of the block. It was a little creepy. Would I stay again? Probably not, but only because of the location. I think I'd move toward the Central Business District where I could walk into the Quarter instead of be in it.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Amy at the from desk and Natividad at the valet parking were exceptional in their customer service, making every effor to be pleasant and determined to provide courteous and prompt responses to me needs. I was always greeted with a smile and warm "hello".

The downside to my stay was that the room did not have WiFi as indicated in the list of ammenities. Also, I was told I would be provided a cable to directly connect to the Wyndham internet service, the cable was not the right configuration. When I went to use the business area, the internet service there did not function either.

Being on a business trip, it made my stay in the hotel unproductive and frustrating. When I spoke to the Director of Housing (I did not get his name) about this issue, he just replied..."It is what it is". This is not what I expect of the Wyndham.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Been to Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!