“Stunning” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #105 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Denver, Colorado
“Stunning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This place is absolutely beautiful!!! The main lobby will take your breath away, and it only gets better as you go up! There are a few resturants in the hotel, so you don't even have to leave the building if you don't want to. The rooms are spacious and had one of the most comfortable beds I've ever had at a hotel. Clean, quiet and very luxiourious. The place is also super hi-tech including swanky key cards for the elevators and a TV that welcomes you by name when you enter your room.

Room Tip: We were on the 21st floor and could see EVERYTHING in the French Quarter. It was a great view!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Saint Joseph
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Overall experience was OK. Too many sidewalk sleepers drinking day and night right across the street. Urinating in broad daylight in your driveway. Internet was way too slow and hard to connect to.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Grand Rapids, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We went to NOLA for the first week of Jazz Fest. I'd booked online in February to make sure we got a nice hotel in the French Quarter because my travel partner has health issues and we did not want to have to walk a lot. This hotel, which runs off peak about $175-$200 per night, averaged $300 each night of our 5 night stay due to the special event. It was a former Holiday Inn and is really nicely renovated. I want to say before I go a minute further that the staff were just lovely and accommodating. I had called a number of times in advance with questions and kept talking to Jeannie, and when I met her it was like seeing an old friend. The hotel has a lovely pool, gym and business center. There is an attached restaurant, Deuce McAllister's Ole Saint Kitchen and Tap (rated 4 stars here on TA), which serves above average food, is open late, and will deliver room service to you in the hotel. (I'd go elsewhere for breakfast which is so-so. Many better places.) Our room was very pretty, enough room to walk around in, with very comfortable pillow top beds, but we were disappointed in the utter lack of counter space in the bathroom. We actually had to put our toiletries on the back of the toilet tank. There was also a hook on the wall next to the bathtub but none on the door, so you couldn't hang more than one towel anywhere in the bathroom. They have a shelf under the sink (which has nearly no counter space around it) but it is used for towels and extra toilet paper. That could be easily fixed with the installation of a towel rack in the shower and a double shelf below the sink for guest toiletries. Another issue was the internet. It was barely there, and when I needed to be online at a certain time, signs in the business center noted the internet was out. We had to depend on our cell phones for connectioins. To me that is unforgiveable when you are paying $300 a night. Some other reviews earlier in April noted elevator issues and said there were only two elevators and one was out. That confused me because there are 4 elevators and they were all super-responsive, and there are repair people there constantly who are on a yearlong project to upgrade all of them. One other issue that puzzled me: In every hotel I've been in recently, housekeeping cleans the dresser, desk and nightstand surfaces and will tidy loose clutter into piles. This crew did not touch our surfaces, even though they were sandy from what we inevitably tracked in from the Fair Grounds. I am not sure if this is bad service or standard practice in New Orleans.

Finally, a large issue - which is in no way their fault - is the location. The hotel is on Royal between Canal and Iberville, surrounded by pretty antique stores and lovely hotels like the Monteleone, but alas the street itself is somewhat seedy. As well lit and populated and patrolled (there is a strong police presence throughout the quarter) as it is, there are still people who lurk in store entrances in the evening. I'm a mature woman, city bred and usually unafraid, and when I was with my male companion I was secure. But the one time he stayed in after dinner and I wanted a walk, I didn't go any further than the end of the block. It was a little creepy. Would I stay again? Probably not, but only because of the location. I think I'd move toward the Central Business District where I could walk into the Quarter instead of be in it.

San Diego, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Amy at the from desk and Natividad at the valet parking were exceptional in their customer service, making every effor to be pleasant and determined to provide courteous and prompt responses to me needs. I was always greeted with a smile and warm "hello".

The downside to my stay was that the room did not have WiFi as indicated in the list of ammenities. Also, I was told I would be provided a cable to directly connect to the Wyndham internet service, the cable was not the right configuration. When I went to use the business area, the internet service there did not function either.

Being on a business trip, it made my stay in the hotel unproductive and frustrating. When I spoke to the Director of Housing (I did not get his name) about this issue, he just replied..."It is what it is". This is not what I expect of the Wyndham.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Fayetteville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Overall, this property was very good. A good location on the edge of the French Quarter & near canal with close proximity to buses & street cars. Amy at the desk was wonderful, and others were good also. There was one incident that I was disappointed in. We and our guests came downstairs to get ready to walk. There was fresh fruit water near the concierge desk, however there were no plastic glasses. Our friends asked for a glass, and the young man basically said that the desk person would have to get them. Evidently neither person felt compelled to get them & there were words exchanged in front of our guests. I, very politely but firm told the concierge that that was not great customer service & that conversation should not have occurred in front of customers. I mentioned that we were VIP Wyndham owners, & his only response was, "Well, why aren't you staying at the Wyndham Resort?" We just left at that point, without any water. Very surprised at this coming from a Wyndham facility.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Bed bug bites on neck, arms, legs & feet. Reported to front desk; GM was to call me on day of check out (April 23, 2015). I have not yet heard from GM of hotel. Sure wish someone had reported this room (1636) to me so I could have been spared these bites. This room should not be sold again until bed bug problem resolved! Shame on you for letting unsuspecting guests suffer.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Craig M, General Manager at Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for reaching out and I am glad we were able to connect. As discussed we do have standard operating procedures when any insects are detected in a guest room. Additionally we have preventative measures in place to avoid issues from occurring. Thanks again for allowing us the opportunity to discuss your concerns. We look forward to having you back with us.
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

I called down to the front desk to let them know that the pool was discusting and no one came to clean it so I personally cleaned out the hair and took it down to the front desk and no one came up to clean it still. We had 5 people in our room and we could not get a roll away. I asked for extra blankets and they gave us 2 we asked for more since someone had to sleep on the floor and they said no they already gave us 2

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Craig M, General Manager at Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to review my hotel. I apologize for the lack of service and attention in the pool area and have shared your response with our housekeeping leadership team. I am concerned about the service you received regarding the rollaway and extras you requested. I would like to discuss so I can gain a better understanding of what occurred. Please feel free to contact me at your convenience. My direct number is 504-613-3201 or email at cmouney@wyndham.com. I am hopeful we can discuss. Thanks again for your feedback. Craig

Been to Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!