“I called down to the front desk to let them know that the...” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #105 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
A TripAdvisor Member
“I called down to the front desk to let them know that the...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I called down to the front desk to let them know that the pool was discusting and no one came to clean it so I personally cleaned out the hair and took it down to the front desk and no one came up to clean it still. We had 5 people in our room and we could not get a roll away. I asked for extra blankets and they gave us 2 we asked for more since someone had to sleep on the floor and they said no they already gave us 2

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
saint paul
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The first 2 nights everything was fine but the last 2 nights there many things missing from our room, towels plastic cups, coffee packets in the room were missing, today again no plastic cups. I won't bother to call again.

Other than that we came to New Orleans for the Jazz Fest and have enjoyed it for all 8 times we have attended.

Canandaigua, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Best part of this stay was walking out of our hotel, going left or right and immediately being part of the city with live music in the streets. We were given an upgrade which was nice, but the common areas were not very attractive. We were disappointed with the pool area which was out of service for most of our stay.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Canon City, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My girlfriends and I stayed there for 3 nights. We were surprised that the beds were full size and not queen. We paid over $300 per night. The room was basic...no frig, no space for suitcase....issues with internet, and I never had a hot shower the entire time I was there. The hotel is in front of a liquor store and the drama that occurred there night after night was quit a spectacle! But if you like to people watch, you won't be disappointed! We were on the 20th floor and it could take up to 10 minutes to get down to the lobby as we had to stop off at every floor. Plus, on two separate nights, one of the elevators did not work. With that said, the front staff was awesome. Tiffany spent time giving us suggestions and making us feel welcome. We were there to spend time together so the small room wasn't such a big deal but for over $300 a night, I would have expected more. I loved New Orleans and will be back someday but I will probably try a different hotel.....The location of the hotel was good and made it easy to get to all the locations we wanted to see. It wasn't terrible but there wasn't anything that made it special. But hey, if you are in New Orleans, how much time do you really spend in the hotel room anyway? And over all, being together with friends was the point of the trip and what made it so special.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Craig M, General Manager at Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to review my hotel. I am sorry that the hotel amenities did not meet your expectations. The elevator and Internet issues are being addressed and once complete will certainly have a positive impact on the services we offer our guest. I am happy that the things we can control we did and am delighted to share your comments about Tiffany with her supervisor. She is an asset to our team. Thanks again for your feedback.
Knoxville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My two biggest complaints will seem quite trivial to some; however, they made a huge impact on my quality of life during the stay.
1) The Wifi was so slow that it was unusable. It would literally take 10-15 minutes to load a page. It was marginally better in the lobby. During my stay I needed to spend 6-10 hours/day using the internet for business. As a result, this was an enourmous inconvenience and resulting in me having to travel elsewhere to use Wifi. Wifi was advertised for the hotel, so I trusted that it would be functioning on my arrival.

2) Less important, but still a big deal to me was the absence of coffee. This was the first hotel that I have stayed in (and I travel not infrequently) that did not have a pot of coffee in the lobby each morning. It is a convenience that I trust will be there when out of town.

3) When my room was cleaned my luggage had clearly been gone through. Nothing was stolen (nothing of value was present).

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to review my hotel. I am sorry that you had issues with the internet. We are currently working on a long term solution to increase the bandwidth so we can provide all guest with the service they expect even during high demand periods. I am available if you would like to discuss further. Please feel free to contact me directly at 504-613-3201 or email at cmouney@wyndham.com. Thanks again for your feedback. Craig
Corona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I just spent 6 night at the Wyndham French Quarter and couldnt be more pleased with the overall experience. We were first greeted by Amy at the front desk who was super friendly and helpful and made our entire stay a delight! Every time she saw us she asked how we were doing made sure we had everything we needed, set us up with tours and was just extremely helpful and fun! She made our experience at the Wyndham a very enjoyable one. The rooms were very nice, the bed very comfortable (and I'm picky), location was great and everyone on staff was helpful. I will stay there again when I go back. Thank you Amy and everyone at the Wyndham for making our trip a great experience! Karen

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Craig M, General Manager at Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Valued Guest:
Thanks for the GREAT review of my hotel but most important the shout out to Amy at the front desk. She is the BOMB.COM! We look forward to having you back in the future.
Pearl, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We got a great price for a New Orleans hotel ($139). It was a short walk to the Saenger Theater and it was right in the French Quarter with easy access to most everything. We were there during the week, so I imagine it's a fight for the elevators on the weekend. Rooms were clean, typical size. Hallways were dingy, but they were cleaning the carpet when we were there. Bathroom was clean, and the shower had good water pressure. Parking garage was fine - just difficult to leave upon checkout. They had to "verify" we had paid and checked out, which took about 10 minutes, since she had to run next door to the hotel. We'd stay here again.

Room Tip: First 7 floors are all parking. May have limited access to elevators during peak times.