“My two biggest complaints will seem quite trivial to some...” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #105 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Knoxville, Tennessee
“My two biggest complaints will seem quite trivial to some...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My two biggest complaints will seem quite trivial to some; however, they made a huge impact on my quality of life during the stay.
1) The Wifi was so slow that it was unusable. It would literally take 10-15 minutes to load a page. It was marginally better in the lobby. During my stay I needed to spend 6-10 hours/day using the internet for business. As a result, this was an enourmous inconvenience and resulting in me having to travel elsewhere to use Wifi. Wifi was advertised for the hotel, so I trusted that it would be functioning on my arrival.

2) Less important, but still a big deal to me was the absence of coffee. This was the first hotel that I have stayed in (and I travel not infrequently) that did not have a pot of coffee in the lobby each morning. It is a convenience that I trust will be there when out of town.

3) When my room was cleaned my luggage had clearly been gone through. Nothing was stolen (nothing of value was present).

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Corona, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I just spent 6 night at the Wyndham French Quarter and couldnt be more pleased with the overall experience. We were first greeted by Amy at the front desk who was super friendly and helpful and made our entire stay a delight! Every time she saw us she asked how we were doing made sure we had everything we needed, set us up with tours and was just extremely helpful and fun! She made our experience at the Wyndham a very enjoyable one. The rooms were very nice, the bed very comfortable (and I'm picky), location was great and everyone on staff was helpful. I will stay there again when I go back. Thank you Amy and everyone at the Wyndham for making our trip a great experience! Karen

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Craig M, General Manager at Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Valued Guest:
Thanks for the GREAT review of my hotel but most important the shout out to Amy at the front desk. She is the BOMB.COM! We look forward to having you back in the future.
Pearl, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We got a great price for a New Orleans hotel ($139). It was a short walk to the Saenger Theater and it was right in the French Quarter with easy access to most everything. We were there during the week, so I imagine it's a fight for the elevators on the weekend. Rooms were clean, typical size. Hallways were dingy, but they were cleaning the carpet when we were there. Bathroom was clean, and the shower had good water pressure. Parking garage was fine - just difficult to leave upon checkout. They had to "verify" we had paid and checked out, which took about 10 minutes, since she had to run next door to the hotel. We'd stay here again.

Room Tip: First 7 floors are all parking. May have limited access to elevators during peak times.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to review my hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay but more important that you would return. The most important aspect in building a business is the ability to maintain repeat business. Thanks again for your feedback. We look forward to having you back.
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I spent four nights at the Wyndham French Quarter hotel last week. I received a government rate ($191) for a deluxe king room; its normal rate is about $350 a night. A similar room at the JW Marriott around the corner on Canal St. is about the same. The outside looks nice. The lobby is small and is overly crowded during check-in and check-out times. The front desk personnel are very nice, but they know little to nothing about what's going on in New Orleans. Even the concierge, when one is on duty, did not know anything about walking tours, and no one could tell me how much a taxi to the airport costs (it is $33 flat rate for one person). The elevators, which go to 18 floors, are old, slow, and beat up. My room was fine, except for a few things. The faucet in the bathroom was not connected. Even though it worked, it teetered back and forth when I used it. The sink drain was plugged. Both issues were reported to the front desk and nothing was done in four days. The bed is great, but the air conditioning unit, which must be set at 70 degrees because of the humidity, blows right across the bed, which is really annoying. All rooms are loud because you can clearly hear the elevator doors slam closed no matter where you are. Also, the room doors slam closed whenever someone leaves a room. It is really noisy. The carpet gave me the willies because it looked and felt like it have never been cleaned. I never walked around without my socks on. There is no refrigerator in the room, and there is no excuse for that. The ice maker on my floor (17th) was broken, so I had to go to the 18th. I reported that and it was never fixed. The location is great. Breakfast is included and is served next door at The Old Sainte. I had the buffet and it was very forgettable. The scrambled eggs were hard, the grits were harder, and the bacon was fatty. The coffee and boxed cereal were good. The room is just the bar they use for breakfast, so it is not a very nice place to eat. When I went to get my boarding pass online, the business center was closed and the front desk knew nothing about it. It took a special effort on my part to get my boarding pass printed out. On my walks, I visited the nearby Hotel Monteleone on Royal St. and the JW Marriott on Canal St. Both cost about the same and put the Wyndham to shame. Unless you can get a really good room rate or really want to be near Canal St., do not stay at this hotel.

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to review my hotel. I apologize for what you encountered during your stay with us. It is our goal to exceed all guest expectations and we are disappointed when that does not happen. I have shared your concerns with our leadership team for immediate follow up. What bothers me the most is that this is not indicative of our normal level of service. I know if given the opportunity to redeem ourselves we could exceed your expectations. If you would like to discuss further please feel free to contact me directly at 504-613-3201 or email cmouney@wyndham.com. Thank you again for your feedback. I hope to hear from you soon.
Ithaca, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My co-worker friend were directed to the Wyndham New Orleans, French Quarter when the hotel where the conference we were attending was booked full. Because the conference coincided with the French Quarter Festival we were only able to book a single room with a King bed. Upon arrival to an unassuming hotel we checked in with a delightful young lady who graciously "found" a room with two Queen beds on the 17th floor. The beds were comfortable and had plenty of pillows with fresh, crisp, soft bedding. Our room overlooked a few blocks of the French Quarter and had near distant views of the river. The room was clean. The bathroom was a bit worn, the water in the shower drained slowly, but otherwise the room was fine. Noise from other rooms was non-existent, but we could hear the elevator clunk to a stop around the corner each time it arrived on our floor. Except for sirens, street noise was non-existent. The free wifi was slow and other than checking E-mail, pretty useless. After a certain evening hour a security person was on duty checking room cards before allowing entry to the elevators. Being that the French Quarter was brimming with "happy revelers" enjoying the music festival, it was reassuring that there was security preventing non-guests from going to guest room floors. We got to experience seeing a few colorful exchanges outside the hotel, but felt safe as there was a significant police presence. The gym was small, pool was nice, but neither opened 24 hours. The location on Royal Street near Canal, is convenient to shopping, galleries, restaurants and bars. The Airport Shuttle service brought us to the hotel and retrieved us there for our return trip as well, which made it convenient for our purposes. We were able to walk to most places we wanted or needed to go, but the Trolley line was available around the corner when venturing to the Garden District. We enjoyed being in the midst of the French Quarter and all of the action and would choose this place again should I be lucky enough to travel to NOLA again.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Craig M, General Manager at Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to review my hotel. I certainly appreciate the details and time taken to describe all that the Wyndham and New Orleans has to offer. Also, noting the service provided by the front desk was very refreshing. Thanks again for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you the next time your travels bring you to New Orleans.
Summit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

things were very nice.Staff was curtious.Big problem was internet.Tried to improve it

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to review my hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to having you return in the near future.

Been to Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!