“Excellent stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #100 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
Miami, Florida
“Excellent stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Cierra was amazing! The location was perfect. I will definitely stay here again and recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I’ve rarely felt the need to write a review for a hotel. My expectations are relatively low. It’s a place to sleep while I’m touring somewhere I don’t already have a bed. But when my wife and I planned to visit New Orleans, I knew we would be there for six days and wanted something reliable. Wyndham is a premium brand (or so I thought…) and the New Orleans location on Royal Street is just on the edge of the French Quarter, which is perfect for what we needed.

I hate the long-winded, prose reviews by amateur authors, so I’ll cut right to it:

Criticisms:

1. The 19th and 20th floors cannot be reached by the main elevators. You go to 18 and then have to take a separate elevator or the stairs to 19 and 20. This may not seem like a major issue, but see #2…

2. It was rare to see all three main elevators working. When we arrived, only two were working and a line had formed to use them. Later, only one elevator was working and a line formed past the lobby – another guest told us that there was a line out on onto the street earlier in the week. There were a couple times it was a 20 or 30 minute wait (at least) to get back up to our room.

3. It’s not easy to access the Wi-Fi. They gave me a passcode, but it didn’t work. I had to talk with the hotel’s tech department who needed to ID my computer’s IP address and authenticate me into the network where I then had to enter a new username and password. TO BE FAIR, the guy on tech support was great and knew exactly what he was doing.

4. The “gym” is little more than a closet off of the pool deck with four machines and free weights. When more than two people were in there, it was crowded. Also, I’m not a stickler for safety, but I’m pretty sure treadmills are supposed to have clearance space behind them – the treadmills here were right on top of each other with maybe a foot or two of clearance behind them.

5. The ice machine on our floor was broken.

6. The printer in the business center wasn’t working.

7. Someone had thrown a towel in the main stairwell covered with feces. This isn’t the fault of the hotel, of course, but I found this at 11:30 AM. Judging by the quality of the smell, it had been in there awhile. I would have assumed hotel staff would have smelled it or the cleaning folks would have been through there by then.

8. Several hotel guests (us too) used room service and left their plates for cleaning in the hall. It took DAYS for these plates to be picked up. After we saw that, we left the plate in our room thinking that was the only place cleaning would grab them. Not so! We eventually put it out in the hall just to get the day old seafood out of our room.

It’s a strange situation because the hotel staff we talked with were always kind, professional, and personable. I don’t really understand where the disconnect is.

This hotel didn’t feel like a Wyndham at all. Even at $143 a night, which we only got because we pre-paid, I don’t think we got our money’s worth.

Disappointing.

Room Tip: IF you stay here, since it's New Orleans, ask for a higher floor room not on 19 or 20.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The French quarters Wyndom hotel was amazing!! The staff was very helpful, the rooms were very clean. The location is absolutely perfect!! The restaurant Olde Saint was pretty good. The wifi was not that great, but I wasn't there for business, strictly pleasure. The elevators were busy especially during check out time which is normal. I love how they check your room keys at night to make sure u belong there, made me feel safe!! I would recommend to anyone for sure!!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Great location in the French Quarter. Nice indoor pool. Walking distance to local attractions. However the walls are thin. You can hear conversations in the hallway and the rooms besides you. The water in the sink never got hot and the tub was rusty.

Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Been to Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!