“French Quarter Visit” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #100 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I was particularly outraged and offended by the following:

The hotel had a "concierge" but the position seemed to be just another shill for certain packaged tours and not someone with broad knowledge of things for the benefit of the guests.

A hotel provides a "concierge" for the convenience of the guests. It should not be another profit center for the hotel; in fact, creating a profit center actually means this person is doing a disservice to their guests due to a financial conflict.

Here were my experiences with this hotel's "concierge":

I asked the "concierge" about a MS cruise on a competing ship and he simply steered me back to the one that the hotel had a profit tie in with, without even acknowledging that another ship existing and even though the ship he tried to sell me on did not go to the battlefield that I asked about.

On another occasion, I asked the "concierge" where I could rent a bicycle and he had to look it up on the internet and then sent us about 12 blocks away, when there was in fact a bicycle rental service within 2 blocks of the hotel. When I got the street address that seemed far away, I asked the concierge for the hotel's street address so I could see how many blocks away it would be, and the person didn't even know the hotel's address.

If the hotel is going to be a shill for certain tourists business and not provide a knowledgeable resource for the benefit of the guests, at least have the courtesy for your guests to not label this person a concierge.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family

Orlando, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

If you want a great hotel that's located in the French quarter and close to everything, then this is it. Easy to get to and yet not in the middle of the bourbon street craziness. Nice clean and updated rooms. The pool is up on the 10th floor and has a neat view of the city.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The elevator change on the 18th floor really got to be a pain. I hope that gets resolved soon. Also, the fixtures in the bathroom sinks were not properly attached and wiggled around a lot when used. Other than that it was a lovely hotel very conveniently located near the Quarter and Canal street with a very nice beer bar lounge attached.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We moved from the stunning Omni hotel as we could not secure 5 nights in NOLA in the same hotel. Moving to the Wyndham was a terrible come down despite it costing MORE. It is absolutely disgusting. the décor is revolting, it needs a complete overhaul, the corridors and our room smelt disgusting. Nowhere to put your stuff in bathrooms, nowhere to hang towels up. We also had to move from one room as we felt like we were in a lift shaft. the second room was filthy so finally we were moved to a third room wasting over 90 minutes of our precious time. I couldn't wait to leave this hotel. DON'T DO IT.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We actually bought a Living Social deal for a trip from Florida to New Orleans. My wife had originally booked a VERY expensive "boutique"-type hotel (whatever that means) that was nearly $700 more total for the week. When I showed her that we could stay at the Wyndham and save that kind of dough for good meals and more drinks, she begrudgingly allowed me to purchase the reservations and cancel the others. I had my fingers crossed the entire way to NOLA, since if it turned out to be less than what she expected I would NEVER hear the end of it. Thankfully when we checked in, the man at the front desk (didn't get a name; tall black gentleman) was super friendly and very helpful and assured us with a laugh that it was a "very nice hotel". He even showed us to the information desk and offered to help us get dinner reservations (which we declined as I did my research and already booked some). The room was a standard room, nothing very fancy but why would it be? It seemed very clean and actually had a pretty nice view of the Mississippi (we were on the 18th floor). Bathroom was a bit small (per my wife's observation) but I had no problem with it. The location is perfect. Right on Royal, close to EVERYTHING (one street down from Bourbon; one street over from Canal) and we walked everywhere we needed all week. Even though it was St. Patrick's Day, the hotel was relatively quiet. We weren't awakened by rowdy frat boys or drunken idiots, which we feared would happen. I basically had no issues whatsoever with this hotel and would absolutely recommend it to anyone visiting. If I had to be nitpicky, my only complaint would be that the elevators are few (literally THREE) and super slow. Staying on the 18th, it would take a few minutes with several stops to get to the lobby but again this is a very minor detail. The bar/restaurant attached (Deuce McAllister's Ole Saint) was actually pretty cool too and I'm not usually a fan of restaurant bars (usually overpriced, watered down drinks, crap food, etc.) and while I never tried the food, the beer selection was on-point (and I'm a proud "craft beer drinker") and the atmosphere was nice and not too loud. All in all, I would again recommend the Wyndham to anyone traveling to NOLA, especially first-timers (like we were).

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Been to Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!