“Awesome stay in NOLA” 5 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead & Save 15%
Ranked #109 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
“Awesome stay in NOLA”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We love this hotel. First and foremost, check in was not only easy but such a wonderful staff. Everyone was so nice and helpful. The rooms are really elegant for the price, and clean..and location was fabulous. We were within walking distance to everything. We travel frequently and this was one of our best picks ever for accommodations. We will definitely stay here the next time we visit New Orleans. The indoor pool was an added plus for a couple's get away. The only thing that could have added to our stay would have been a refrigerator in the room.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The hotel stay was amazing and was one of the best hotels I have stayed at in the quarter but I do recommend a fridge in the rooms

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Craig M, General Manager at Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for the nice review of my hotel. We appreciate the great scores and look forward to having you back with us soon. Thanks again for your feedback. Craig
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I have stayed at Wyndhams in the past, and they have all been much better than this property. As someone who travels for work about 6 months out of the year and has come to expect a certain standard from hotels, I was less than impressed.

Pros:
- I've also seen worse hotels than this one, but never from a big brand
- A newspaper was delivered to my room in the morning
- The hotel is about half a mile away from Cafe Du Monde (my favorite thing about New Orleans)

Cons:
- The front desk agent could not find our reservation at check in, and it took quite some time to resolve
- I was not at all convinced that my room had been cleaned upon check in. There was trash on my bathroom floor and the shower had some brown stains. I asked for the room to be deep cleaned, but the stains were still there
- There are some restaurants around, but it seems that this hotel is in the less nice (and less safe) area of the French Quarter
- Parking is $35 per day for overnight guests
- Most rooms are very small (not a big deal but worth noting)
- The heater was so loud that I had to turn it off at night
- Room service is handled by a third party restaurant, and I never could get the restaurant to answer the phone. I called multiple times over the course of a few days and always ended up going down to the restaurant to place a to-go order myself. The food was decent though, once I got it

Overall, it's not the worst place you could stay, but I definitely would not choose it again.

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to review my hotel. I am sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations. I have shared your review with our front desk and restaurant leaders for immediate follow up. I am available should you wish to discuss further. My direct number is 504-613-3201 or email at cmouney@wyndham.com. Thanks again for your feedback. Craig
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Fantastic Location! Great Service. Not the fanciest hotel, but a great price for the timing and the location. I could not have imagined a better location. The hotel was within walking distance of every imaginable French Quarter attraction, making being in NOLA without a car very easy. Checking in and checking out was a breeze. The room was fairly basic - nothing luxurious - but for the price, it was spacious and clean. The front desk staff was courteous and efficient. For those of you considering a stay at this property, Walgreens is literally right next door, there is a convenience/liquor store directly across the street that is open nearly 24 hours a day, Bourbon Street is one block over, but Royal Street is just as interesting, though a little more subdued. The first night we were there, it seemed like there weren't that many other guests, however, the second night was a Friday night and a ton of college age people arrived around 6 pm. They were quite loud in the hallway as they went into their rooms; certainly not the fault of the hotel, however, the walls/doors were thin enough that it was very audible in our room while trying to nap before dinner. Hence the 3 "circles" rather than 4 or 5 above. Overall a great place to stay. I'd give it another go anytime!

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to review my hotel. We appreciate the positive scores and understand why the overall score was a 3. I apologize that our security team did not monitor the noise levels as they should have asked these guest to keep it down. Thanks again for the positive review and we hope to see you back soon.
Lincoln, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Perfect location for the French Quarter. No "free" breakfast but full sports bar/restaurant.
Tiny bathrooms: no counter space
Parking fee
Had loud, violent neighbors on Sat. night. Security came quickly, but didn't resolve the problem.
Manager was gracious after we complained, but did not follow-up with compensation.

Room Tip: Have your key card ready on the weekends as you must show it to get onto the elevator. Don't re...
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to review my hotel. We appreciate your feedback as it allows us the opportunity to improve our services. I apologize that security did not handle the loud guest on your floor and have shared your response with the leadership team. Thanks for staying with us and for the feedback. We hope to see you back soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I do not agree with the French Quarter location dictating that I must wear a wristband to come in and out of my room. We were threatened that we would not be allowed to access our room if we did not wear the wristbands provided. Not only did they want us to be a target by showcasing we were from out of town and staying at the Wyndham, but we were not allowed to have guest in our room without them purchasing a wristband for $20...really, since when a hotel can dictate if you can have visitors. Aside from that, the refrigerators and microwaves were $20 each per night of use. The parking rate was increased because it was Mardi Gras to $40 a day...This hotel was clearly trying to make money. Next time we will pay the extra money and stay somewhere nicer in the area where you are not forced to become a target, can have visitors and are not charged for every single item. I thought the Wyndham brand was among one of the elite, but I will stick with going to the other brands.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Craig M, General Manager at Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to review my hotel. I can appreciate your opinion regarding the wristbands however our first responsibility is to provide safety and security for our registered guest. Our objective is to ensure that everyone entering our building are registered guest of the hotel. Mardi Gras attracts over a million visitors and not all are here for the Mardi Gras festivities. Unfortunately, our experience has been there are those who have bad intentions and whom wish to capitalize on victims who may be unaware they are even being stalked. I do apologize that you do not feel our safety measures are up to your standards. Most guest I encountered were appreciative that the hotel would put the safety of our guest first. Guest have gone on to state they felt safe as a result of the hotels efforts. I am available to discuss further if you would like. My direct number is 504-613-3201 or email me at cmouney@wyndham.com. Thanks again for your feedback.
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Great view of New Orleans from 18th floor. For Mardi Gras it was fairly quiet - only one night with loud neighbors.
Close to all the action

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to review my hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have you back in the future. Thanks for the great scores. Craig

Been to Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!