“Great Location!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #112 of 155 Hotels in New Orleans
Panama City, Florida
“Great Location!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This hotel is in a great location for a great price. Its on the edge of the French Quarter but its in reasonable walking distance and there is a Beignet place right up the road. Along with a walgreens

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Portland, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

There was no electric wall plug on the right side of the bed. There was a lamp with two outlets available on its base on the night stand but it was not plugged in as there were no wall outlets so the lamp and its outlets didn't work.

My wife needs a C-pap machine for sleeping. We slept on sides opposite to our usual. She plugged her C-pap machine into the outlets on lamp base on the left side of the bed as that lamp was plugged into a wall outlet.

We didn't discover the problem until it was time to go to bed. We elected not to go through the hassle of trying to get an extension cord or some other remedy from the front desk. We just dealt with the problem.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Memphis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

To say that the experience was terrible is an understatement. I had a prepaid reservation. We waited on line for 1 hour to find that the hotel was overbooked and we did not have a room. There is no excuse. There were at least 6 other guests with the same issue. The purpose of paying in advance is to guarantee a room. Not at the W. They found another room for us (which avoided me jumping over the desk and strangling the manager). They said the room would be refunded. I have yet to see the refund. I will not be going to this hotel again.

Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Craig M, General Manager at Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to review my hotel. I do apologized that we were unable to honor your reservation. I have shared your response with our leadership team for immediate follow up and to ensure your refund has been processed. If you wish to discuss further I can be reached directly at 504-613-3201 or email at cmouney@wyndham.com. I am disappointed as the service you received is not indicative of our normal level of service.
Northeast Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We stayed 4 nights at this hotel and felt it was a very pleasant stay. We received good service from all the staff we encountered and the room was large for a central city location, with a view of the Mississippi. The bed was SO comfortable. Granted, we were there on a "non-party" weekend for the Quarter; that said, there were a lot of college students staying for the long weekend but we never heard a sound. The only criticism I have of the room is that there is no counter space in the bathroom, and there are NO towel racks. This makes it difficult to comply with their Green Policy of reusing towels by placing them on the racks. In a town like NOLA, a mini-fridge would be nice. Parking is expensive (of course it is, it is the French Quarter); we parked valet on the first and last night and found a better situation on the other days. Great location, but just outside of the hotel on Royal Street seems kind of seedy. Walk a block and you're fine. Fast, free wifi - no problems. The elevators take FOREVER.

Room Tip: We stayed on the south side in a corner and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to review my hotel. We appreciate the positive scores and the candid feedback regarding your stay. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance. We hope to have you back the next time your travels bring you back to New Orleans.
NY NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

I've posted another review on TA, but I wanted to add that this was the first time in many decades of traveling where I was charged $50 for early check-in. Given all the problems in this hotel (anonymous to staff, non-working wifi and elevators, miniscule lobby, loud customers, absent concierge), they should have paid me! Very unhappy.

Room Tip: Ask for a very high floor.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking time to review my hotel. I am disappointed that you we not pleased with the service you received. The early checking fee is an option offered to our guest and is complimentary based on availability of rooms at the time of arrival. In the event that rooms are not available for early check in complimentary, we do have staff to check luggage so guest can get an early start on enjoying what our city has to offer. Please feel free to contact me directly should you wish to discuss further. My direct number is 504-613-3201 or email at cmouney@wyndham.com. Thanks again for your feedback. Craig

Been to Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!