“Disappointing experience” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #113 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My husband and I recently stayed here for a 4 nite birthday celebration. We are from Florida and New Orleans is only an hour and a half flight away from Tampa. I found this hotel on bookings.com but found the price less expensive on the Wyndham website. I was looking for a good price in the French Quarter and I liked most of the reviews I read about this hotel beforehand. There were some negative comments but you can't please everyone.

A very nice lady named Madeline checked us in with no issues and lines (we arrived Wednesday afternoon) ........we started a 4 nite awesome stay. Our room was on the 15th floor and at the end of the hall-Room 1530. The room had a a king sized bed and was perfect for our stay. We did not have a great view but that was not important to us. I will say the bathroom was small with not much counter space. The shower was perfect with plenty of hot water and towels. There was no place to hang a wet towel so we had to hang them over the chairs in the room. We heard very little or no outside noise during our stay except for Saturday evening when the streets get wild.

The hotel is in the best location for walking to Canal and Bourbon Streets where all the activity is. We also walked easily to Harrah's Casino and Jackson Square. There is a lot of shopping in the area and we were a few doors down from Walgreen's for any last minute needs.

There is a restaurant/ bar attached to the hotel which had about 54 craft beers on tap for the beer lover. My husband was in Heaven!!!

We thought we had a pretty good price for our stay but there are so many taxes that increase your bill. Luckily, we did not have to pay for parking as we did not have a vehicle. There was also free wifi which was nice.

We really liked this hotel and would definitely stay here again. I am a Wyndham Rewards member so will get points as well.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor at end of hall.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

To Whom it May Concern,

I would like to point out two outstanding employees; Junus from Engineering and Sandra the Director of Rooms. Both of these two fine people were conscientious, considerate, highly motivated and knowledgeable in conducting their respective duties. Junus helped me with the bathroom plumbing in my hotel room where there was no hot water and the tub did not drain. He spent considerable time diagnosing and trying to fix the plumbing problem(s) before realizing that I would need to relocate to a new hotel room. Sandra helped me with my transfer to the new room and kept checking back with me during the duration of my stay (one week) to see if everything was still alright. I would like to say thank you to each of them for making my stay very enjoyable and I hope this write-up helps them secure any position promotion or pay increase that is due them. Due to their efforts I will definitely consider staying at the Wyndham on Royal Street the next time I am in New Orleans.

Sincerely
Tom Richardson

Room Tip: Don't stay on the side of the hotel that faces Bourbon Street.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled solo
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

There were moments of Good service and moments of poor service. When I check in there were 2 identical reservations and i can only guess this is where the problem started. I purchased the sweetheart package which was to include an upgraded room,breakfast each morning and a bottle of sparkling wine wait in the room. I was trying to give the wife a small surprise but no such luck. I was told buy the young lady at the counter breakfast was not included bur for $15.00 per person it was served next door. I said it's included it the packaged i paid for and she rudely explained it was not, At this point it was becoming uncomfortable for the wife as well as other customers waiting in line. I took the keys went to the room and we did receive the upgraded room but no sparkling wine as paid for.I called the 1-800 number to Wyndham and explained and was told Yes you did ay for and are suppose to receive the above mentioned items. I said the moment is over i do not want to pay for the sparking wine nor do i want to pay for the breakfast as i do not wish to eat here anymore just charge me for the room. The response was I can't do that the hotel you are staying at is and independent(secret code for a franchise). I ended up talking to the manger on duty and he gave us breakfast vouchers and had the sparkling wine deliver the next day. I refused to eat there so we gave the breakfast vouchers to some homeless guys and the surprise was ruined so to little to late on the wine. The room was a touch above average the service was terrible.I couldn't believe this place was carrying the Wyndham name,

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Wheat Ridge, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I stayed 3 nights for a business meeting nearby. For a Wyndham, the public areas feel a bit cramped and worn, with tour groups crowding the limited space. Guest rooms are really nice, spacious with a king bed, and courteous employees.($179 per night) My electronic key stopped working twice, but staff were quick to apologize and replace it, again. Located 1 block from famous Bourbon St. and Canal Street. Hint--parking is very expensive; you don't want a care in this old, narrow, charming French Quarter!

Room Tip: high floors will be quieter; a nice pool on 10th floor
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Toms River, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Wife and I stayed the second week in December, and were quite pleased with the staff and our room. The price was terrific, the king bed was SUPER comfortable, staff were quite nice, and we had a partial view of the Mississippi. The location was ideal - very convenient to Bourbon St. debauchery, Jackson Square, St. Charles, Canal and Riverview streetcar lines - right on Royal St., which may well be the most beautiful street we've ever seen. We didn't have a car, and I understand hotel parking fee is about $35/night. Elevators weren't an issue except when check-in was slammed on Saturday night, and 2 of the 3 were held for a long time on 2 upper floors. Key card is no longer required, and hotel people say the elevators will be upgraded in 2015. There is an indoor heated pool (small), a rarity in the French Quarter, with a view to Canal Street. Please bear in mind we stayed in low season, so can't comment about crazy season.

A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I requested a room with a view for a photo shoot and got a corner room with a view of another room which was really disappointing. We had to find other area on the fly for the shoot. Plus we could hear the elevator going up every time someone used it. Next time I will definitely be sure to ask for a room as far away as possible. The room service was on point as far as getting fresh towels and bedding. The room was good sized with plenty of outlets for electronics.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Been to Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!