“Very Nice” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #115 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Bartlett, Tennessee
“Very Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

This was our first time visiting New Orleans lucked upon the Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter after visiting the Office or Tourism. We could not have asked for a nicer experience. The staff was friendly, the rooms and hotel were nice and clean, we had a great view from our upper floor window and the location on Royal was convenient to everything.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Auckland, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Awesome hospitality, helpful staff. No question or problem to difficult to sort. Thoroughly enjoyed our time at the Wyndham.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Atmore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This location is one block away from Bourbon and Canal Streets and walking distance to most attractions. Parking was $105. for 3 nights. Liked that you had to have a guest card to access the elevators. I have to agree with some of the other reviewers.... small bathroom, housekeeping taking ALL day to get to our room on the 15th floor, a tray of leftover food from roomservice stayed outside a neighboring room for 2 days before someone removed it, the doors slam shut so you hear that often, had to go to 14th floor for ice b/c 15th floor had no electricity to ice machine or drink machine, had no microwave or mini frig in the room. I did witness security in motion and felt safe there. I left something I purchased at the French Market in my room, when I called they had the item and prepared to ship it to me via Fedx(at my expense), bed and pillows were great. Check-in was good for us at 7:00 pm. Will choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the more you can see of the city.
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Okay, I would have rated this hotel higher, but I just couldn't. I was in touch with the hotel manager, Craig, I believe. Tried to get a king room for my anniversary. It didn't happen. We were in room 1605, two double beds. We didn't let this spoil our trip. The room was clean and the bathroom was tiny. The shower was delicious with that shower head and scalding hot water. I thought a little note saying happy anniversary would have been a nice touch, but that didn't happen either.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The check in girl suggested Oceani the first night we were there and it was an excellent choice. I had pasta with shrimp and Andouille sausage in a creole sauce. So delicious. My husband had the catfish platter and that was excellent, as well. The next morning, the check in girl suggested we go to Mena's Palace, I believe, for breakfast. This was a little hole in the wall, but it was so good.

We walked to the French Market and that was fun stopping in all the shops on the way. The market was just a regular flea market. Nothing special.

Bourbon street was a blast and we had so much fun partying at the Beach on Bourbon and the Chicken Shack where the party fell onto the street. There is a great group of guys playing horns on Bourbon every night. These men are spectacular and have great endurance. If you want to see them, go before 8 pm, because there is no performing after 8 pm on Bourbon.

I was so thankful we didn't stay at the Hyatt on Bourbon because I can't imagine being able to sleep because of all of the noise. The Wyndam sits far enough away to escape all of the noise while still being within the French Quarter.

Fun trip and cannot wait to return to NOLA. One other thing, we put up our debit card for incidentals. They charge $50.00 on the spot. I was told upon check-out that we would have that money back the next morning when our bank reconciled. Well, it's Tuesday afternoon and we still don't have that money. I am not pleased about that at all, in fact, quite upset. Fifty dollars is not a lot of money, but it's the point of spending so much money this weekend and not having it.

We might stay here again, maybe, if we get a deal.

Jackson, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I stayed here for one night only and we had a less than great experience. I will say there were a few "pros" to this hotel - the main one being the location. It's located right on Royal Street, so it's a straight shot down past 4 streets and a quick right, and you're in the Jackson Square. The location was perfect.

Check in is usually at 4pm; however, Bryant at the front desk said he would contact me when a room became available. We got there around 1pm or so, parked, and went to have lunch. We received a call around 2-2:30pm and our room was ready. My request was honored - high, corner room.

For free, I assume, were two bottles of Kentwood water in the room for us.

Now let's back track - the elevator won't let you access guest rooms without having a room key. At check-in, you receive two keys - one for the elevator and one for the room itself. The one for the elevator didn't work. Luckily the hotel was busy, so we would just wait for someone to hop on and insert their key, and from there would could get to our room. Then the actual room key wasn't one you insert - you had to scan it on the door. It took a few minutes for the scanner to pick up the card, but eventually it worked.

We left the room to go get some ice and a few sodas - neither the ice machine or the vending machine on the 15th floor worked. So we walked down to the 14th floor (since our elevator keys didn't work), and got some ice and spent $2.00 for another bottle of water.

The bed and comforter/sheets were very comfortable. The pillows were too. The comforter is a light down comforter that wasn't too warm, but if the air conditioner went off, it got pretty hot. The pillows were also down. There were two mystery doors in our room - I presume they were connecting rooms. There was no closet or anywhere to hang any clothes. There were two desks in the room. We didn't turn on the TV or use room service, so I can't review that aspect.

All but 1 or 2 outlets didn't work. The coffee brand in the room is Wolfgang Puck - it wasn't very good. I don't believe the hotel offered continental breakfast - if so, I wasn't informed. I think they just used the connecting restaurant to serve food, so you'd have to pay extra. Because the $300 we spent on the room itself, and the $40 we spent on parking wasn't enough.

The parking garage is for Wyndham, but I think others can park there too, because there was a fee. Anything past 24 hours is $35, and if you stay past 2pm on the day of checkout, the rates start back over again.

The toiletries provided were two bars of soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, mouth wash, and a grooming kit - all Bath and Body Works brand.

Overall, I enjoyed the location of this hotel, but I think we spent way too much for what we got.

Upland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Centrally located. nice clean place. rooms are a good size. front desk is extremely friendly. Had trouble with the WIFI and did not receive adequate support. Gym is tiny. Overall solid place to stay.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Been to Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!