“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #114 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Houston, Texas
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Our stay was wonderful. The staff were helpful and treated us like family. Our bellman Cleveland was a delight and gave us extra attentention and time as though it were his own personal hotel. We had a excellent trip all in all.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

995 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

ok, EVERY hotel near Bourbon street is older. But the Wyndham is a top of the line hotel. The rooms are exceptional. The Lobby is exceptional. The Staff has all been exceptional. Downfalls, and this is to every hotel in the area. Parking, the hotel DOES have parking, BUT is charged additional to the cost of the room. SO, if you get a good price, this is why, cause you can add 35 to the cost of the room. Upside, there's parking. Some, or should I say, a lot of places DONT have a parking garage. Secondly. Heard a lot of complaints about the elevators. ITS AN OLD BUILDING!!!!...although the elevators are NOT dirty, just the fact you must take one elevator, than for those staying on top 3 floors, you have to take another elevator. Complaints from me? NO, was not an issue, but others said it was a problem. The very nice rooms are worth the extra effort...but here's the one and truly one biggest upside...its ONE BLOCK from Bourbon Street. The area is dirty but you will see, its a city wide issue, not hotel issue. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone, both pleasure and business stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
GabbyBatonRouge, Director of Sales at Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Jesus A:

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate you highlighting the upside as well as the opportunity areas. We do hope you will come see us again soon!

Best regards and safe travels,
Sarah Gagnon
Director of Sales & Marketing
Lafayette, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Upon booking my hotel online at booking.com, I was overjoyed at the thought of a great price and the possibility to bring my pet for a $100 fee however, that changed upon arrival at the hotel. The hotel's unclear pet policy presented online made way for them completely screwing me over on the price I had to pay for my pet's stay at the hotel which ended up being far above the $100 fee presented online. On top of that, the service was terrible. The hotel staff at the front desk was rude and insensitive when dealing with my family and I. In addition the cleanliness of the hotel was subpar and should probably cost them a star. There were pieces of hair all throughout the bathroom and dust all over the lamps in our room. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone with or without a pet. It completely ruined my family's weekend stay in New Orleans.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Blue Springs, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Wyndam! The service was fantastic from the bell hops (Tony, Cleveland, and another terrific young man) to the desk workers. The rooms were clean! My husband was like, even my socks stay white when walking on the carpet. The location was perfect for catching the trolley or walking down Bourbon St. We would stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!