“Wyndham New Orleans/ Formerly Holiday Inn” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #114 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Huron, Ohio
“Wyndham New Orleans/ Formerly Holiday Inn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2013

I thought it was a great location. Royal St is a very nice st which they block off right down from the hotel. I have been going to New Orleans for years and find a lot of the building have black iron bars on them. I have stayed here many times and always had hot water and a clean room. Staff was always helpful. I notice the front desk always seems busy with customers checking in and out. I have had drinks at the bar but have never ate there. All in all I will be back enjoy the location, staff and look forward to my next stay. I haven't been there since it became the Wyndham but I am a member and look forward to using my card there.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Bobby B, General Manager at Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for recognizing the Wyndham French Quarter staff. We have team of hospitality professional that are committed to you having a great stay. Expect an even better stay over the next few months as we completely renovate the hotel.

971 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Manasquan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

This place was a Holiday Inn. It still looks and smells like a Holiday Inn, in deteriorating condition. I was appalled how much I had to pay for this room. I will never stay here again. I had to take two elevators that smelled like urine up to my room. Never again. Wyndham - shame on your reputation for this place. Should have asked for my money back!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

I apologize for the hotel not being at Wyndham standards that you are accustomed too. Over the next 10 months ( beginning in December with the restaurant) the hotel will undergo a complete renovation that will bring the property in line with brand standards.
La Vernia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2013

This hotel is a rat trap. It's run down, all of our rooms had trouble with cooling and out of three rooms -we ALL had to take cold showers because there was NO hot water. The street it is on is very scary - lots of sketchy people, the convenience store across the street has bars on it and the cashiers are behind glass...what does that tell you? I've stayed at several different hotels in Nola and I can say without a doubt...... I would not ever stay here again....I can't believe it's actually a Wyndham! VERY disappointed. The best part of the hotel was the lady at the front desk, she was very nice.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel! That's my tip!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
I apologize for your stay not meeting your expectations. We are planning a complete renovation of the hotel that will not compensate for your last stay but will make for a great location on your next visit. Please contact me for all future reservation needs.

Been to Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!