“GREAT SERVICE” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #112 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Miami, Florida, United States
“GREAT SERVICE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

i`m a bussiness owner and i would love to have the service that i recived by ms. crystal and mr. paul in my company. they went out of there way to show us great service. the pool was clean the location was great and the housekeeping staff was great i wish she would have introduced herself so i could have mention her in my comment. i will be back because of the service

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Bobby B, General Manager at Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay and our team member here at the Wyndham French Quarter. Crystal and Paul are two great employees that are often noted for their outstanding service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

When I arrived at the Wyndham New Orleans-French Quarters, I was greeted by, Bell Captain Mr. Paul Reed. He assured me that my stay would be great, it was then that I knew I was in the right place at the right time. Paul escorted both my sister and I to the front desk where our check in was a breeze. Ms. Crystal was very friendly and got us checked in and to our room very fast. the room was on point, nice clean, cool and comfy. The Location was even better, in the heart of the French Quarters, walking distance to all the great resturants, clubs and the casino. Every one was nice and helpful. I plan to stay again on future trips to New Orleans, Thanks to all the staff at the Wyndham New Orleans-French Quarters, love you guys, LaTanya Holston
Atlanta Georgia

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you feedback and for utilizing the Wyndham French Quarter. Paul and Crystal, who you recognized, are outstanding associates that we are happy to have on our team.
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I would NOT stay here. We booked this place for my sister's bachelorette party based on location which was good. However, we had money stolen out of our hotel room. This hotel does not have safes in the room, and she got pick pocketed on Bourbon the night before so thought it would be safer in the room. Her money was burried in her suit case which meant they went as far as to dig through our bags. Apparently this hotel refuses to take any responsibility for the actions of the people they are hiring as they refused to do anything about it except file a report with some insurance company. If the hotel had just reduced my hotel bill by the $100 dollars that was stolen, I would not be here writing this terrible review. That is a tiny drop in the bucket to a large hotel, but to us, that is a fairly significant amount of money. I feel like that is commen sense for good management. Also, since I am here, I will go ahead and tell you that the hotel rooms smell like mildew. Also the elevators are slow, not air conditioned, and there aren't enough of them. By the time we would actually get an elevator on our floor, it would be full. The key card reader to one of our hotel rooms rarely worked which then exacerbated the problem with the elevators when I had to keep going to the lobby to get someone to come let us into our room. Bottom line, I am sure you can find somewhere better to stay.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for your feedback.
Fort Worth, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

The staff is really what makes this hotel. From the bellman welcoming you when pulling up to the front desk staff and even the housekeeps you pass in the hall. Crystal at the front desk was very helpful and really seemed to enjoy helping me and the other the guests I saw her check in out. Traveling is a PITA and anytime you can get a little extra help or courtesy from the hotel it goes a long way in my opion. This is a former Holiday Inn and from what they tell me will be going through a major renovation in the next year. The rooms are nice and clean and modern enough including lamps with the built in electrical outlet so you don't have to move the beds or dressers hunting for outlets. Rooms aren't huge but if your in NOLA and spending time in your room your doing it all wrong anyway. There is a sports bar/grill attached to the hotel but unless you want a quick beer or some wings spend your money elsewhere. Its a cheesy tropical themed place that would do better on the Florida coast then in the Quarter.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham French Quarter. Your feedback is valuable especially recognizing Crystal for her service. She is a great asset to our hotel and frequently mentioned by guest for providing memorable service
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I was told Wyndham just bought this location which was Holiday Inn. So not sure if they have renovation plans or not. Arrived at six a.m. and was going to ask to have my bag held until check in. Well surprisingly I was able to check in so thanks Reggie! The room was nice, beds clean and comfy. Bathroom can use some work, it is very dated. Sink had visible caulking and what looked like a cigarette burn mark. Wall paper peeling, door chipped. Otherwise it was a great stay. Service was excellent! They are very accommodating. Check out is at 11 but I got a late check out til 2. I was able to get this one night for $59 which is great for a 3 star in the Quarter. If you not familiar with Priceline express deals check it out. You won't know hotel name until after you pay. This hotel is walking distance to everything! Only negative I could hear the noise from passing cars and their loud music, but I expected it cause I stay in the FQ often. Another negative for me is the adjoining room door, not a fan of those. But I didn't hear my neighbors so it was okay. There is parking at the hotel, not sure of price. For safety you need a room key to access floors, which I like since there is lots of foot traffic outside. Overall a good stay and I am very picky about hotel rooms. I do prefer 4 star. The staff was great here!

• Stayed September 2013
Our hotel has a multi-million renovation planned to commence and be completed in the next several months. We will update/upgrade the interior and exterior of the building. Please come back to visit us and enjoy our improvement over the next few months.
Evensville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Our stay was great. We were able to check in as soon as we arrived. Having Parking available was a plus. Room was very clean and comfortable. Everything was within walking distance. Everyone was very nice and helpful. Plan to stay again during Mardi Gras season.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for utilizing the Wyndham French Quarter. We appreciate your business and the feedback.

Been to Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!