“One night stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #113 of 153 hotels in New Orleans

1,020 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Columbia, MD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel through a travel agency and the reviews looked reasonable. Checkin was quick and pleasant. Pluses: heated pool, walking distance from trolley stop, casino, river, bourbon street. Minuses: noise at night from local clubs; drunk people in lobby, bums loitering in garage entrance bumming money and cigarettes from guests (permitted by staff). The rooms are dated and in need of renovation, but clean overall. The day before checkout, we were out of soap, Kleenex, and needed towels. Housekeeping skipped our room altogether. The bathrooms in our room had some issues. The tub stopper was broken, so no baths possible. The bath water took about 5 minutes to get hot, every time I used it. The tub/shower was way too narrow for my tall husband.

This hotel could use a security guard.

The concierges were helpful.
The restaurant "the checkered parrot", could have some work done to improve it. The drinks were expensive and weak. The bathroom is practically falling apart. There are no soap dispensers, the toilets leak out onto the floor, leaving a pool of water at all times. Paper towel dispenser always empty.

So, Wyndham, if you are planning a renovation, gut each room and start over.

• Stayed August 2013
Bobby B, General Manager at Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
There is a complete renovation planned for the property that will address and update the hotel and restuarant.
Breaux Bridge, Louisiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel when it was the holiday inn a few years back. I had a wonderful experience so when we needed a room for jazzfest this past May and the Royal Sonesta was booked so I didn't think twice about staying here again. My Michael Kors wallet was stolen out of my bag while housekeeping went in while we steeped out to have breakfast. I talked to security about this and they were very nonchalant about this situation. I lost everything in my wallet plus the 300.00 cash. The wallet itself was quite expensive. I called ever other day to see what was going to be done. Three weeks later I got an email saying there was nothing they were going to do about it, not even an apology. Also there was no safe in the room. I live I hour from Nola so we go quite often will never stay there or any Wyndham hotel again. Beware hide your belongings!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I apologize for the lost of your personal item. I am concernced that you mentioned that you did not recieve a apology and made repeated calls. I will make every effort to determine who failed to follow our procedures.
Ft Walton Beach, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Got a great package price, so we decided to try it. Good location in the French Quarter. The hotel was clean, but it is serious need of updating. It was old and tired. We don't regret staying here, but keep in mind that it really needs upgrading.

• Stayed August 2013
Thanks for your feedback. The hotel will be completely renovated internally and externally updating every detial of the property.
Chillicothe
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

We booked this room for two days. Although I gathered it was not a four star hotel, I was highly disappointed. Upon arrival to any room the first thing we do is check the mattress and curtains (always on the lookout for bedbugs). Upon looking in between the drapes we discovered numerous, large cockroaches. We grabbed our stuff and went down to the front desk (keep in mind this is after I called to let them know the air conditioning was not working properly).
I told the manager we found roaches and his response was that he could move us to a higher floor as those had been remodeled in the last few years. I expressed that when roaches are in the building-----they are in the building. He responded that he had not had any complaints about the higher floors in the last week.
Needless to say we got a refund and found a different hotel!!!!!
I am not one to knit pick but I also am one to be very cautious that when we return home we are not bringing any unwanted company with us!

Room Tip: Older and rundown. I can say for certain there are bugs!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I apologize for your recent stay not meeting your expectations. Our team is dedicated to providing a quality experience and failed to deliver for you.

Been to Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!