“Great location” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #115 of 154 Hotels in New Orleans
Venice, FL
“Great location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We recently stayed here for 2 nights.

The location is fantastic. 1 block off canal street and 1 block the other direction off of Bourbon Street.

Our room was on the 18th floor at the very end of a long hallway. It was very quiet and we loved being on the top.

The room was very clean and just a little worn and dated. They will be remodeling in the near future as they were previously the Holiday Inn. We had newer bedding, mattress, etc. Bed was very comfortable, room was clean. We had no complaints except the price of parking. I guess that $30/day is the norm in New Orleans though.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bobby B, General Manager at Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for your feedback and for utilizing the Wyndham New Orleans French Quarter. you are correct in that we will be completely renovating the hotel with a planned multi-million dollar update occuring within the next year. I am positive that you will be pleased with the finished product.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

Decided on a spur of the moment to drive down to new Orleans for a weekend and cought a deal on Hotwire for the Wyndham. The hotel is about two blocks from all the action on bourbon, with an attached parking garage ($34 extra per day), and all the amenities you would expect. Heated pool and fitness center on 10th floor, resturant on site, clean rooms, and comfortable beds. Other than the parking situation I would definately recommend this hotel because of the easy walking access to the strip.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Wyndham New Orleans French Quarter. The hotel does have a great location with access to Bourbon street ( next block) and Canal Street ( one half block). Over the nex year, we are planning significant upgrades to the hotel with a planed complete renovation from top to bottom, We look forward to hosting you on your next visit.
New York City
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Always expect a long wait at the elevators because at least one of them will always be non-functional.

Rooms need to be updated in a severe way.

Don't expect maids to pay attention to a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. Multiple people from my group actually caught the maids IN their rooms upon their return and one actually caught one ROOTING THROUGH HIS STUFF via a Nanny cam. So, lock up your valuables!

I had a package that was to be delivered to the hotel and arrived after my departure. I called to see if they would forward it, which the person at Loss Prevention said that he would. I requested Fedex GROUND shipping, which he repeated and confirmed. All was to be taken care of. Imagine my surprise when the package arrived in two days via EXPRESS shipping at only three times the cost to me? I guess that person has a difficult time understanding GROUND vs. EXPRESS.

And the major problem? I guess this hotel doesn't understand that it's AGAINST THE LAW TO OPEN MAIL THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU because imagine my surprise when my shipment had been OPENED!!! I guess a hotel that has maids rooting through your stuff also has no problem breaking the law and opening my mail.

Don't expect privacy at this hotel even when you request it. You won't get it. They don't understand boundaries. I guess if you stay at this hotel they think they've earned the right to go through your stuff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I apologize for the unsatisfactory service that you received during your recent stay. Your requests were straightforward and should have been addressed immedailtey. I would like to dicuss your comment regarding someone opening your mail. At your convenience, please contact me at bbryant@Wyndham.com in order to address this item.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed here for a conference for which the cost was covered, but price-wise this is comparable to other hotels in the area. It is VERY convenient to the Quarter, Bourbon Street, and the parks, and about a mile from the Convention Center (my primary destination most days). The staff were very helpful and courteous - we had loud neighbors one night and called the desk, and they promptly sent up security and there were no further problems. I had no trouble getting extra amenities when needed. Internet service is provided which was key. I didn't have time to check out the pool or exercise facilities, but was able to print my boarding pass for my flight home with no problem. I also think there is parking provided (but again I had no car so I don't have any input on that). There was no fridge in the room so no leftovers requiring refrigeration could be kept (just an FYI). Also there is no breakfast onsite I don't think. Overall I was pleased with my stay here and would stay here again for either business or leisure travel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at eh Wyndham New Orleans French Quarter. We focus on our staff beign hospitality professionals that meet and exceed your expecatations. In response to your questions, there is on site parking in case you drive during your next visit. We have an onsite outlet that connects in the lobby but unfortunately, we only have a limited number of refrigerators available. I hope this answers any quesstions that you have but if you need additional information, please contact me at bbryant@Wyndham.com

Been to Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!