“Not the greatest...” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #113 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
New York City
“Not the greatest...”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Always expect a long wait at the elevators because at least one of them will always be non-functional.

Rooms need to be updated in a severe way.

Don't expect maids to pay attention to a "Do Not Disturb" sign on the door. Multiple people from my group actually caught the maids IN their rooms upon their return and one actually caught one ROOTING THROUGH HIS STUFF via a Nanny cam. So, lock up your valuables!

I had a package that was to be delivered to the hotel and arrived after my departure. I called to see if they would forward it, which the person at Loss Prevention said that he would. I requested Fedex GROUND shipping, which he repeated and confirmed. All was to be taken care of. Imagine my surprise when the package arrived in two days via EXPRESS shipping at only three times the cost to me? I guess that person has a difficult time understanding GROUND vs. EXPRESS.

And the major problem? I guess this hotel doesn't understand that it's AGAINST THE LAW TO OPEN MAIL THAT DOES NOT BELONG TO YOU because imagine my surprise when my shipment had been OPENED!!! I guess a hotel that has maids rooting through your stuff also has no problem breaking the law and opening my mail.

Don't expect privacy at this hotel even when you request it. You won't get it. They don't understand boundaries. I guess if you stay at this hotel they think they've earned the right to go through your stuff.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Bobby B, General Manager at Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
I apologize for the unsatisfactory service that you received during your recent stay. Your requests were straightforward and should have been addressed immedailtey. I would like to dicuss your comment regarding someone opening your mail. At your convenience, please contact me at bbryant@Wyndham.com in order to address this item.

1,020 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I stayed here for a conference for which the cost was covered, but price-wise this is comparable to other hotels in the area. It is VERY convenient to the Quarter, Bourbon Street, and the parks, and about a mile from the Convention Center (my primary destination most days). The staff were very helpful and courteous - we had loud neighbors one night and called the desk, and they promptly sent up security and there were no further problems. I had no trouble getting extra amenities when needed. Internet service is provided which was key. I didn't have time to check out the pool or exercise facilities, but was able to print my boarding pass for my flight home with no problem. I also think there is parking provided (but again I had no car so I don't have any input on that). There was no fridge in the room so no leftovers requiring refrigeration could be kept (just an FYI). Also there is no breakfast onsite I don't think. Overall I was pleased with my stay here and would stay here again for either business or leisure travel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at eh Wyndham New Orleans French Quarter. We focus on our staff beign hospitality professionals that meet and exceed your expecatations. In response to your questions, there is on site parking in case you drive during your next visit. We have an onsite outlet that connects in the lobby but unfortunately, we only have a limited number of refrigerators available. I hope this answers any quesstions that you have but if you need additional information, please contact me at bbryant@Wyndham.com
Marietta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

We stayed here on a recent trip to New Orleans and loved the location. The room was nice and clean, and all the employees of the hotel were friendly and helpful. Broderick, at the concierge desk was especially helpful. My only complaint is that we were on the top floor, next to the elevator controls, so we heard the constant whine of the mechanics. Over all, I would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to New Orleans. The team here at the Wyndham New Orleans French Quarters is focused on ensuring that you have an enjoyable stay. Thank you for recognizing Broderick. He is an incredible resource and great hospitality professional. We will look into your comments regarding the elevator noise and note to block you in a room away from the elevator landing on your next visit.
Tampa,FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Hotel is in a good location in French Quarter within walking distance of all attractions. Hotel did not have much of a lobby, lounge or restaurant. Did have an in door pool. Room was adequete but did not have black out curtains and light switch for bathroom was on the inside behind the door. Nothing special about the hotel, less nosiy than some of the other hotels in the area. Not a bad value for the money, not bad not great.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for utilizing the Wyndham French Quarter for your recent stay in New Orleans. During the next year, we will complete a comprehensive renoavtion of the entire hotel. The renovation will encompass not only the guest rooms but the lobby, pool and restaurant that were mentioned in your review. Additional enhancements will also occur during the next several months. We hope that with our great staff and the physical improvements that are planned that you will use our hotel on your next visit.

Been to Wyndham New Orleans - French Quarter? Share your experiences!