“Horrible experience, you get what you pay for, better off staying in your car.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 New Orleans

You added Motel 6 New Orleans to your Saves list
Motel 6 New Orleans
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   12330 I-10 Service Road, I-10 at Bullard Avenue, Exit #245, New Orleans, LA 70128   |
Ranked #136 of 156 Hotels in New Orleans
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Made online reservations, when we got there, room was dirty, not vacuumed, sheets dirty, bathroom was very disgusting. Staff needs customer service training. Checked out that same day and went elsewhere. Spend the extra money, its worth it. Will never come here again, this place made me sick to my stomach..

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank abrazos

McComb, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Check in was simple!! The place was clean. The room was adequate. No noise from the interstate and I had the very front room.

All in all, a good experience. I would stay here again. For travelers who plan to drink in the French Quarter, it would be too far to drive and a VERY expensive taxi bank..........

Room Tip: I stayed in room 148 it had plenty of room, nice bathroom, gret shower!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars
2 Thank Anne B
West Bend, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

We stayed here just one night before our cruise. We got it for $60 with tax and that is a steal in the New Orleans area. I was afraid after staying at other Motel 6 in other states but this one was clean and worked out for us very well. There is another Motel 6 in the area but WOW did that one look run down and wouldnt stay there. I think this one must be new but i would reccomend this travelers just in the area for a brief stay. Its still 15 min from downtown so if you want to party you should look closer to that area.

Room Tip: I HOP and a Buffet are next door but thats about it for places around this hotel
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
1 Thank westbender
Canton, Georgia, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed here during our trip last weekend to see the Saints play. It was cheap and in budget! Upon arrival our room was not ready. We had to wait by the pool for 2 hours for our room to be cleaned. When we checked in the room was fairly clean. However the bathtub was disgusting! Filthy! We had left some bags of clothes under the sink over night, and discovered the next morning that the bathroom was flooded. Nothing in our room was leaking. Outside of our room the carpet was soaked...our guess is a busted pipe in the wall. Our clothes were soaked and stinky! Then, on our last night we woke up in a SWEAT at 3am and discovered that the power to the hotel was out. They blamed it on the city of New Orleans stating that they shut everyone off for miles, when I walked to the street I could see that other businesses had electricity. I could go on with the problems! We won’t be staying here again!

Room Tip: The coffee was great! Other than that, choose another hotel!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these New Orleans hotels

Eureka Springs, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Do not stay here! After being a frequent guest at Motels 6 across the country, this property put me on a "cannot stay here list" saying that "something was missing from my room on a previous stay." The could not identify the item or give specifics. The very claim left me speechless, knowing that I always leave a room just as I found it. The fact that I have stayed with Motel 6 as a business guest since 1987 means nothing to them. What would anyone want from a Motel 6 room? Cheap towels? An ashtray? Just avoid this property. I, in response, will take my business to a higher quality brand! My company will do the same

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jgs208
Spokane, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2012

Note this is about the "Suites 6" property, not the regular M6 next door.
I really wanted to like this place, really I did. I'm a low-budget, generally low-expectations traveler and am staying at M6s about 1/2 the time on my cross-country tour. My idea of luxury is an "extended stay" hotel/motel where I can do my own cooking, so I was really looking forward to an "extended stay" M6 - luxury at a bargain price! :-)
But....
This property looked more or less OK when I checked in. The staff was friendly and helpful throughout. A reddish flag went up immediately when, while I was checking in, a guy came to the desk saying that the room he'd been given had not been cleaned and the A/C did not work. But then, mistakes are made, right?
My room looked OK - was clean and the A/C worked. The first night there was quite a bit of banging and thumping from upstairs, as if someone was moving in or rearranging the furniture. But it subsided and I slept well. The next morning, I discovered that the outlets above the sink/counter did not work. I also found that, after moving the coffee pot elsewhere, it did not work either. After taking a shower, removing a towel from the rack (not violently, mind you) one end of the rack came off the wall - loose - and fell to the floor. This was a minor thing, I put it back and I'm sure it's fallen off many, many times over the years because the mount to the wall is loose - later confirmed by a maintenance guy. Later that day, I found that inside the microwave, the part that mates the carousel shaft to the tray was missing, therefore no rotation. A minor thing, but something that even a cursory look-over by the staff would have revealed. Likewise, the window has the remains of duct tape around the perimeter, tape that would have served no obvious purpose and that should have been taken down/scraped-off by housekeeping.
The next day, my room was overlooked when it came time for cleaning and I had to exchange towels myself. When I pointed out these issues at the front desk, a maintenance guy came, fiddled with the towel rack, shrugged his shoulders about the tape, replaced the coffee maker (after asking me how long I'd been there and suggesting that I should have reported the problem immediately lest the staff think I broke it myself!), and did nothing about the outlet, saying that it was something I had to talk to "management" about. Lastly, the $5/stay wireless internet access is abysmal. I would lose the wifi connection over and over during a session, and would get asked over and over again to log in. It was very frustrating for one who works on the net, and who counts on it for last-minute city research. I can't recall having a worse wifi connection at a hotel. The slip of paper they give you with your password specifically says that every device needs its own password (presumably your computer and phone wouldn't work with a single password), that you'll have to log in again every hour, and that your login will expire after some (unspecified) idle period. Awful.
Again, I have low expectations, but this cascade of failings is pretty unprecedented even for an M6. Note also that unlike other extended stay hotels, you do not get a dishwasher (or dish soap) or an oven, though you do get a small cooktop.
On the plus side: the property is fairly quiet and I slept well though I admit I wear earplugs. The unit was generally clean though there's a bit of perma-stain on the vinyl in the kitchen. The front-desk staff was pleasant and VERY helpful, eventually, without my asking, refunding the cost of a night's stay due to the above issues. The property is a bit of a drive from the French Quarter if that's where you're going to visit, but is right off the highway (I10) that goes to the city so it's easy to get there. Note that if you plan to spend a lot of time downtown, parking is expensive and you might actually save money by staying downtown.

All things considered, I would not stay at this property again. For anyone who does, I suggest that you do an immediate walk-through upon arrival to get a fully-functional room. One and a half-stars.

Room Tip: If you don't mind climbing, you might want to get a top-floor in order to avoid any noise from o...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Eric A
College Station, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

The place does not look particularly nice or particularly bad, it could be cleaner ... the room and the bathroom were spacious, the air conditioner was fine and the bed ok, I was all day out and only were in the room to rest for a while and go out again, so I never even turned on the TV.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends