“Wonder service!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Crescent Palms Motel

Save Saved
You added The Crescent Palms Motel to your Saves list
The Crescent Palms Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3923 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70125 (Mid-City)   |
Ranked #83 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Rowlett
“Wonder service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

Great motel. Great service. Would highly recommend. Wasnt in the greatest part of town but never felt unsafe. Manager was wonderful and helpful. Hotel was clean and comfortable. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

I am staying at this hotel now and I can most defiently say its nice..I mean when you arrive the outside looks a mess n you mite have a frown on your face but its not in the best neighborhood but its a great motel..better than some of the "HOTELS" I've stayed in when visiting here..you do see ppl standing on corners but who cares ppl stand on the corner everyday its hard out here in life...overall its great!!

• Stayed January 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I found this on TripAdvisor and I am very glad I did. This is the fourth time I am coming to a large convention in the Convention Center. Rather than staying in one of the large hotels there, or in the French Quarter, I decided to rent a car and use this motel. I am so glad I did. Even with the rental car, I saved quite a bit of money over HiltonHyattSheratonMarriott and I could see a little bit of real New Orleans (warts and all...), rather than the hyper-touristy area between French Quarter and Convention Center.

Don't use this motel if decor in your room is important, you will be disappointed. However, if you want a safe, clean, comfortable room, and service with a smile, this is the place for you. I don't care if the tiles in the bathroom are from the seventies, as long as they are clean. And they are sparkling clean in this place, as is everything in the room and the rest of the motel. You get everything what you expect in a standard motel, a pretty large room (with a fridge but no microwave or coffee maker, neither of which I need), free wifi (good signal, at least in the room I had), ice etc. And the staff is very friendly.

They have room for about 10 cars in the courtyard. I suppose if more rooms are occupied (they must have a total of 30 or so), you would have to park in the street. There is ample space but I would be a bit worried about security there.

Which brings us to the area. As was noted, it is not exactly a fancy neighborhood. A strange mix of large tracts of brand-new houses but also vacant lots and run-down clapboard houses. I would not want to take a stroll at midnight alone in this area but I had absolutely no problems driving or walking during daytime or in the evening.

Overall, a great find!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Gulfport, Mississippi
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel was not in the nicest of neighborhoods but is very clean, spacious with a frig, (no microwave) and clean bathroom. Book this motel if everything else is booked. That's why I booked it. Up the street is a churches chicken, checkers, and a few other fast food choices. The bad part of the neighborhood starts a large block away. You are very safe where the motel is.

Room Tip: checkers up the street has a drive thru if you dont feel comfortable getting out your car.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Texarkana, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I booked this hotel the night before our arrival because our original plans fell through. What a mistake! I don't know why this hotel has such great reviews. It is in the projects! Yes, it had a small gated parking lot....because they have to! Shady men were hanging around the front of he hotel drinking and being loud. It's surrounded by run down houses and buildings. We booked our hotel through a travel site so I called them and explained that this was not a safe place to stay and they put me through to the hotel manager. He said will charge me for one night even though we didn't check in. I called my bank and disputed the charges. I am not afraid cheap hotels but this is the kind of place that should charge by the hour.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Is the hotel in the greatest neighborhood?No, it's not. But French Quarter is a short ten-minute drive (if that). The interior parking lot is fenced off at night, and i felt perfectly safe here. Stayed here just 48 hours after Hurricane Isaac, and much of the city was still without power, but the staff made me feel right at home: they happily dropped what they were doing to prepare my room (two hours before check-in!), gave me info on a superb shortcut highway that saved me hours the next day, and were painfully nice (Yvette was amazing!!). It was safe, clean, and a great price. If you're doing New Orleans on a budget, this place is perfect.

• Stayed August 2012
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This place is a classic motel that has been recently renovated. Clean, quiet and Kendall, the manager was extremely hospitable and helpful. There's nowhere much to walk to nearby from here, but it's a short drive from Uptown, Loyola and Tulane Universities and the French Quarter.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Crescent Palms Motel? Share your experiences!