“Great for the bare essentials” 3 of 5 stars
Review of The Crescent Palms Motel

Save Saved
You added The Crescent Palms Motel to your Saves list
The Crescent Palms Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3923 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70125 (Mid-City)   |
Ranked #81 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Great for the bare essentials”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

The hotel was not in the nicest of neighborhoods but is very clean, spacious with a frig, (no microwave) and clean bathroom. Book this motel if everything else is booked. That's why I booked it. Up the street is a churches chicken, checkers, and a few other fast food choices. The bad part of the neighborhood starts a large block away. You are very safe where the motel is.

Room Tip: checkers up the street has a drive thru if you dont feel comfortable getting out your car.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Texarkana, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

I booked this hotel the night before our arrival because our original plans fell through. What a mistake! I don't know why this hotel has such great reviews. It is in the projects! Yes, it had a small gated parking lot....because they have to! Shady men were hanging around the front of he hotel drinking and being loud. It's surrounded by run down houses and buildings. We booked our hotel through a travel site so I called them and explained that this was not a safe place to stay and they put me through to the hotel manager. He said will charge me for one night even though we didn't check in. I called my bank and disputed the charges. I am not afraid cheap hotels but this is the kind of place that should charge by the hour.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

Is the hotel in the greatest neighborhood?No, it's not. But French Quarter is a short ten-minute drive (if that). The interior parking lot is fenced off at night, and i felt perfectly safe here. Stayed here just 48 hours after Hurricane Isaac, and much of the city was still without power, but the staff made me feel right at home: they happily dropped what they were doing to prepare my room (two hours before check-in!), gave me info on a superb shortcut highway that saved me hours the next day, and were painfully nice (Yvette was amazing!!). It was safe, clean, and a great price. If you're doing New Orleans on a budget, this place is perfect.

• Stayed August 2012
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This place is a classic motel that has been recently renovated. Clean, quiet and Kendall, the manager was extremely hospitable and helpful. There's nowhere much to walk to nearby from here, but it's a short drive from Uptown, Loyola and Tulane Universities and the French Quarter.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

I saw the reviews online for this motel and thought I'd give it a try...never again. First off, the location is beyond horrible. The beds were itchy I had to spray them with Lysol just to stop the itching. The room I stayed in was halfway clean with dirt in the bathroom's floor cracks and pubic hair in the shower. The staff however are helpful and friendly but please don't make the decision to stay just on this. There are motels 2x better than this for the same price. Also they write your credit card number in full on the check in paperwork when asked about this I was told that they shred it once payment has gone through.

Room Tip: Don't be fooled by the gated parking, it's only big enough for 10 cars.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

After reading the reviews on here and seeing that most of them were positive and I was on a budget I decided to give it a shot despite being a bit nervous about the location as it was noted in some of the reviews that it was in a sketchy neighborhood. Being a single woman traveling alone I was hoping the location wasn't as bad as some previous reviews stated.

I was pleasantly surprised that the neighborhood wasn't as bad as I thought is was going to be. There was a lot of new homes being built in the area and yes there were a few boarded up but not as many as I thought there would be. I never once felt unsafe.

Kendall the manager was GREAT !! When I asked him about how to drive to the French quarter, he said it would be easier if I left my car there (behind the locked gates). He offered to give me a ride and told me if I wanted to take a cab back, it would be around 10.00 or he said I could call him on his cell and he would come and get me. I took the cab back and it was 10.00 like he said, plus a tip.

The room was very clean, the carpet was either new or just cleaned. The flat screen TV worked great and the free wifi worked great as well. It was nice to have a fridge as my dogs food needs to be refrigerated. Another good thing about this hotel is not only are they pet friendly, Kendall didn't charge anything for having 2 small dogs.

My only complaint and its a small one, is that they have no coffee makers in the rooms. I drink a lot of coffee and had to take a 2 minute drive to a gas station to get some.

During my cross country trip my windshield cracked and the glass people are going to come to the hotel in the morning to fix it. I let Kendall know and he had no problem with it. He even said I can stay past checkout if they are not finished by then.

I 100% recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the area. The hotel staff is friendly and go above and beyond to make their guests happy. The rate is unbelievely low but the quality is high.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Kemah, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I brought my daughter to New Orleans Thursday to celebrate her 21st birthday. I’m a single mom and on a budget, so I found this motel to be just what I was looking for. Seriously all we really needed was a place to sleep, Shower and recuperate. We got so much more. Although my daughter was a little concerned with the neighborhood I assured her it was fine. When we arrived, Natasha (I believe) was so nice and helpful. She did have to handle a small problem with a guest companion at the same time we were checking in but she handled it swift and assured us that they DID NOT put up with trouble makers on the property. That made my daughter feel much better. She showed us the room and I have to say I loved it. I took a picture of the early 60’s deco pink bathroom tile. It had everything we needed for a long party weekend. The room was so clean and once we turned on the AC the room was very cold. The beds were very comfortable, Hot water that never shifted a refrigerator and ironing board. We brought our own coffee pot and cooler only because I knew we were going to be too lazy to go get coffee. The floors in both the living area and the bathroom were so clean I wore white socks and not once did they get dirty or dingy. That right there speaks volumes to me about how serious they are about keeping the rooms very clean. Anyway…. As soon as we settle in and got ready to go, Natasha checked on us and told us about the BAR on site. We then figured we would get my daughters B-DAY Bash started right. Kendall, the manager was there to greet us. The man was AWASOME… Funny, kept us laughing and telling us the history of the hotel. The only drawback was when we called for a cab (UNITED Cab) to take us to the French quarter we waited over an hour and a half and had to call them 4 times. Kendall was getting upset too at the cab service. He was about to call his friend at another cab company when united finally showed up. Kendall gave us his card and number in case we needed anything. He also suggested a couple of bars to go to. The Cats Meow. OMG what a night. They were AWSOME. We got back very late and slept most of the day with absolutely no disturbance. They saw us stirring around and the replaced the towels and cleaned the room. This went on all weekend. Never once did we feel unsafe the entire time, even when we decided to sit on the upstairs patio area in the middle of the night and enjoy the cool night air. Again the staff was so nice and helpful and thank you Kendall for the red beans and rice… We will be back and we will be staying here again….

Room Tip: Ask for room 102. Good idea to bring a cooler of beer or what ever you drink. And a coffee pot with...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Crescent Palms Motel? Share your experiences!