“What a great place to stay.... I will be back” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Crescent Palms Motel

Save Saved
You added The Crescent Palms Motel to your Saves list
The Crescent Palms Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3923 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, New Orleans, LA 70125 (Mid-City)   |
Ranked #82 of 153 hotels in New Orleans
Kemah, Texas, United States
“What a great place to stay.... I will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

I brought my daughter to New Orleans Thursday to celebrate her 21st birthday. I’m a single mom and on a budget, so I found this motel to be just what I was looking for. Seriously all we really needed was a place to sleep, Shower and recuperate. We got so much more. Although my daughter was a little concerned with the neighborhood I assured her it was fine. When we arrived, Natasha (I believe) was so nice and helpful. She did have to handle a small problem with a guest companion at the same time we were checking in but she handled it swift and assured us that they DID NOT put up with trouble makers on the property. That made my daughter feel much better. She showed us the room and I have to say I loved it. I took a picture of the early 60’s deco pink bathroom tile. It had everything we needed for a long party weekend. The room was so clean and once we turned on the AC the room was very cold. The beds were very comfortable, Hot water that never shifted a refrigerator and ironing board. We brought our own coffee pot and cooler only because I knew we were going to be too lazy to go get coffee. The floors in both the living area and the bathroom were so clean I wore white socks and not once did they get dirty or dingy. That right there speaks volumes to me about how serious they are about keeping the rooms very clean. Anyway…. As soon as we settle in and got ready to go, Natasha checked on us and told us about the BAR on site. We then figured we would get my daughters B-DAY Bash started right. Kendall, the manager was there to greet us. The man was AWASOME… Funny, kept us laughing and telling us the history of the hotel. The only drawback was when we called for a cab (UNITED Cab) to take us to the French quarter we waited over an hour and a half and had to call them 4 times. Kendall was getting upset too at the cab service. He was about to call his friend at another cab company when united finally showed up. Kendall gave us his card and number in case we needed anything. He also suggested a couple of bars to go to. The Cats Meow. OMG what a night. They were AWSOME. We got back very late and slept most of the day with absolutely no disturbance. They saw us stirring around and the replaced the towels and cleaned the room. This went on all weekend. Never once did we feel unsafe the entire time, even when we decided to sit on the upstairs patio area in the middle of the night and enjoy the cool night air. Again the staff was so nice and helpful and thank you Kendall for the red beans and rice… We will be back and we will be staying here again….

Room Tip: Ask for room 102. Good idea to bring a cooler of beer or what ever you drink. And a coffee pot with...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

54 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Crescent palms motel was the best deal in new Orleans when I stayed there during jazz fest. The motel is only 5 mins from the super dome and the French quarter. The staff was very friendly and the rooms are super clean. I couldn't cab since the city was very busy and the motel staff brought me to the French quarter. The price couldn't be beat anywhere in town, the value was there! I would recommend the Crescent Palms Motel to anyone traveling to new Orleans especially looking for a great rate.

Room Tip: The rooms above the lobby are slightly larger and super quiet.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I live in Colorado and my best friend lives in Florida. I met him in Pensacola Fl and we decided to go over to New Orleans for a night. We forgot that the final four was going on. I looked on all the travel sites to find a hotel and I found The Crescent Palms Motel. I called a cab and it was taking forever to get there so the motel staff ask were we going and we told him to the French Quarter. So he locked up the office and gave us a ride over.The staff went above and beyond. We have stayed at three of the higher end hotels in the French Quarter and didn't get the service that we did at The Crescent Palms Motel.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

Hands down, the best value I found during this Mardi Gras season. I couldn't abide by spending $200+ a night in the French Quarter and looked for a better value. I was pleasantly surprised by the Crescent Palms Motel. It is about 3 miles from the heart of the French Quarter. It is located at the end of MLK and I felt very safe in the surrounding area. I did not notice any foot-traffic or loitering on or around site. Off-street parking is available inside the courtyard of the motel. The on-site manager was genuinely nice and courteous, and when there were no cabs available just before a big parade, he took us to our destination along the parade route. Also, the motel is located along RTA bus route 28 which runs right to the corner of Canal St and S. Rampart, and at $1.25 per rider, that can't be beat. Cab fare was about $10-$12 fron the Quarter to the motel.

The rooms were very large and the full size beds were comfortable. The mini-fridge was a nice addition, large enough to keep our sandwiches and beverages cold. The bathroom was cute, renovated in a retro style and reminded me of the Art Deco district of Miami Beach.

I would gladly recommend this motel to anyone looking for a clean, safe, and economical stay in New Orleans!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012 via mobile

Previous reviews no doubt scare off the prospective guest but I have been travelling this country for 2.5 months now & to be honest, I felt more unsafe in Venice, LA than here. I walked in the dodgy areas - a woman, alone. I had the door opened for me as I entered the gas station nearby and was addressed as ma'am by everyone who said hello - I have experienced courtesy in the New York, Washington & Philidelphia. In terms of safety - the hotel is a gated community at night, lock your door & car & be safety conscious.

The hotel is brand new after Hurricane Katrina, the room is large, has a fridge & tv, bed is comfy, wifi signal is strong, appliances are quiet, noise could be heard in room.

Criticisms: No tourist information is available. Reception is often unmanned. Selected non smoking room however by morning, the room was filled with smoky scent - I assume our neighbors were smokers & it travelled through the vents.

• Stayed February 2012
Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

Stayed three nights during over BCS game, the motel was very clean, the location was good, within walking distance to the Superdome. When me and my buddies wanted to go to the French Quarter and couldn't get a cab the motel staff brought us to the French Quarter which was very nice of them. The staff went above and beyond and for the price we made during that special event ($89) it was a deal for the value.

I would stay again, if you're looking for a clean, friendly and safe motel at a reasonable rate Crescent Palms Motel is your motel in new orleans.

Room Tip: All of the rooms are spaceous and have minifridges to keep your beverages cool.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

As soon as we drove up we were scarred to get out of our car. We walking in to a room smelling of smoke and a transvestite/prostitute hanging around in the lobby. When we asked about our reservations they could not locate them. We saw that as a sign from God and left immediately. I smelled of smoke the rest of the day after only being in the lobby for a few minutes. Then came to realize I was charged for 2 nights on my card. Spent the morning trying to clear the whole mix up.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to The Crescent Palms Motel? Share your experiences!