“Charming, well located bed & breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast
You added Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
1739 Marengo Street, New Orleans, LA 70115   |
Ranked #16 of 144 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lewes, Delaware
“Charming, well located bed & breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Lovely bed & breakfast close to the streetcar line and walking distance to the fun shops on Magazine Street. The owner is very personable and gives great recommendations for places to visit, restaurants to try, even specific dishes to order! She provides maps, brochures, and guidebooks to make it easy to find your way around. The rooms are lovely and well-equipped, furnished with antiques and other touches that provide the "Southern comfort" in the name.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We spent 8 nights at Southern Comfort B & B in October, with two friends. The accommodations were charming and comfortable, and the location very convenient to the St. Charles streetcar. Our breakfasts were delicious. Best of all our hostess, Cindee, is warm and gracious. She gave us a lot of helpful information as to how to find our way around NOLA and the surrounding areas. Also she had excellent suggestions re the local music scene and nightlife. Alas, we weren't always able to follow up on the nightlife, after a full day of activity. So we plan to pace ourselves the next time we visit New Orleans... and there will be a next time!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Londonderry, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

After lots of research we chose Southern Comfort for our recent trip to New Orleans and are so glad we did. We liked everything about it! Our room was so comfortable--nice and big, high ceilings, lots of windows, and a very comfortable bed. We especially loved hearing the fountain outside the window as we dozed off each night. The breakfasts were delicious, and the wonderful innkeeper, Cindee, even packed us a to-go breakfast for our early morning flight home.

The front porch swing was a great place to relax after a day of sightseeing or with my morning cup of tea. (Cindee puts coffee and tea out early, before breakfast, for any early risers.) The neighborhood was full of beautiful old houses, a great place for my early morning walks. It is also just a couple of blocks from St. Charles Street, where you can easily catch a street car to take you anywhere downtown that you want to go.

Cindee was a wonderful hostess. She was welcoming, friendly, and so helpful with suggestions for places to hear music or go to eat. Each morning at the end of breakfast she appeared in the dining room and asked if anyone needed directions, maps, guidebooks, information on restaurants, music venues, or anything else to send us out for a day of sightseeing. She clearly knows and loves the city. We don't know when we will go back to NOLA but will definitely stay at Southern Comfort again when we do.

Room Tip: The Plantation Room is the largest and has a separate sitting room. It also has lots of morning ligh...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

All the other rave reviews, multiply them by 2 or 3 or even 10 and you'll get close to the experience I had staying here last spring for Jazz Fest. I loved the lovely house, my pretty and comfortable room, the neighborhood and its proximity to the street car line. I loved Cindee and the way she made me feel at home in a bunch of ways (including the work she put into laundering my mud-spattered pants after a rainy day at the fairgrounds). I loved all the delicious breakfasts she made, even accommodating my gluten-free needs. I loved her generosity, friendliness and big smile, how she shared local info, suggestions for fun things to do, for places to hear good music, for Jazz Fest logistics, for stories and history about her city. I can hardly wait for my next visit!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I just returned from a long weekend in New Orleans and made a change from my usual hotel choice to this B&B. Hidden away on a side street within walking distance to St. Charles Avenue, Southern Comfort B&B is an extraordinary change from the hustle bustle of larger hotels. The innkeeper has thought of everything to make her guests comfortable -- from tasteful decor, a short orientation of the city and tour brochures to the best breakfast I've had in years. Cindee's genuine warmth and welcoming personality made me know, from the moment I arrived, that I would be back for a return stay in the spring. I can't wait!

Room Tip: The Plantation room would be nice for a family of 3. I enjoyed it as a solo traveler. Next time, I...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in May this year. The hostess Cindy is a wonderful lady, she makes you feel so very welcome from the start, more like a friend than a guest. We had the Bouligny room and it was a big room with a huge bed and a nice bathroom with a claw foot bath. We had a sneak at one of the other rooms, the Plantation room and this is a grand room with so much space, I don't think you would be unhappy with any of the rooms. It is close enough to the trolley car line to walk in about 5 minutes and there is also a couple of restaurants within walking distance as well. Cindy serves a wonderful breakfast in the dining room which is laid out with nice china, you definitley feel like a special guest dining here! We spent some time chatting with Cindy on a afternoon in the kitchen with a glass of wine, she is so knowledgeable and can help you with any trips you may want to do or attractions you may want to visit. We do hope to come back one day and stay again with Cindy

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights and It was great. Cindee met us with a smile and made us feel at home. Breakfast was awesome too. I highly recommed it. The location makes it easy to get around. It is walking distance to the street car line.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Southern Comfort Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!