“A delightful oasis” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 141 New Orleans B&B and Inns
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“A delightful oasis”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

We spent 8 nights at Southern Comfort B & B in October, with two friends. The accommodations were charming and comfortable, and the location very convenient to the St. Charles streetcar. Our breakfasts were delicious. Best of all our hostess, Cindee, is warm and gracious. She gave us a lot of helpful information as to how to find our way around NOLA and the surrounding areas. Also she had excellent suggestions re the local music scene and nightlife. Alas, we weren't always able to follow up on the nightlife, after a full day of activity. So we plan to pace ourselves the next time we visit New Orleans... and there will be a next time!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Poss52

Londonderry, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

After lots of research we chose Southern Comfort for our recent trip to New Orleans and are so glad we did. We liked everything about it! Our room was so comfortable--nice and big, high ceilings, lots of windows, and a very comfortable bed. We especially loved hearing the fountain outside the window as we dozed off each night. The breakfasts were delicious, and the wonderful innkeeper, Cindee, even packed us a to-go breakfast for our early morning flight home.

The front porch swing was a great place to relax after a day of sightseeing or with my morning cup of tea. (Cindee puts coffee and tea out early, before breakfast, for any early risers.) The neighborhood was full of beautiful old houses, a great place for my early morning walks. It is also just a couple of blocks from St. Charles Street, where you can easily catch a street car to take you anywhere downtown that you want to go.

Cindee was a wonderful hostess. She was welcoming, friendly, and so helpful with suggestions for places to hear music or go to eat. Each morning at the end of breakfast she appeared in the dining room and asked if anyone needed directions, maps, guidebooks, information on restaurants, music venues, or anything else to send us out for a day of sightseeing. She clearly knows and loves the city. We don't know when we will go back to NOLA but will definitely stay at Southern Comfort again when we do.

Room Tip: The Plantation Room is the largest and has a separate sitting room. It also has lots of morning ligh...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank GENCNauset
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

All the other rave reviews, multiply them by 2 or 3 or even 10 and you'll get close to the experience I had staying here last spring for Jazz Fest. I loved the lovely house, my pretty and comfortable room, the neighborhood and its proximity to the street car line. I loved Cindee and the way she made me feel at home in a bunch of ways (including the work she put into laundering my mud-spattered pants after a rainy day at the fairgrounds). I loved all the delicious breakfasts she made, even accommodating my gluten-free needs. I loved her generosity, friendliness and big smile, how she shared local info, suggestions for fun things to do, for places to hear good music, for Jazz Fest logistics, for stories and history about her city. I can hardly wait for my next visit!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank CarolynWSF
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I just returned from a long weekend in New Orleans and made a change from my usual hotel choice to this B&B. Hidden away on a side street within walking distance to St. Charles Avenue, Southern Comfort B&B is an extraordinary change from the hustle bustle of larger hotels. The innkeeper has thought of everything to make her guests comfortable -- from tasteful decor, a short orientation of the city and tour brochures to the best breakfast I've had in years. Cindee's genuine warmth and welcoming personality made me know, from the moment I arrived, that I would be back for a return stay in the spring. I can't wait!

Room Tip: The Plantation room would be nice for a family of 3. I enjoyed it as a solo traveler. Next time, I...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank SingerChef
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 4 nights in May this year. The hostess Cindy is a wonderful lady, she makes you feel so very welcome from the start, more like a friend than a guest. We had the Bouligny room and it was a big room with a huge bed and a nice bathroom with a claw foot bath. We had a sneak at one of the other rooms, the Plantation room and this is a grand room with so much space, I don't think you would be unhappy with any of the rooms. It is close enough to the trolley car line to walk in about 5 minutes and there is also a couple of restaurants within walking distance as well. Cindy serves a wonderful breakfast in the dining room which is laid out with nice china, you definitley feel like a special guest dining here! We spent some time chatting with Cindy on a afternoon in the kitchen with a glass of wine, she is so knowledgeable and can help you with any trips you may want to do or attractions you may want to visit. We do hope to come back one day and stay again with Cindy

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank geb6
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights and It was great. Cindee met us with a smile and made us feel at home. Breakfast was awesome too. I highly recommed it. The location makes it easy to get around. It is walking distance to the street car line.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ernest A
Ojai, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We recently spent the most relaxing week of our lives in New Orleans. We stayed at the Southern Comfort Bed & Breakfast and what a wonderful experience. Cindee our hostess was genuine, courteous, and an absolute delight to be with. Our breakfasts every morning were always a surprise and delicious. One morning it was poached eggs with crawfish etouffee over biscuits and one morning pumpkin spice pancakes with ginger syrup. Always lots of good fresh hot coffee.
The accommodations were pleasingly comfortable. Very nice bed linens and plenty of soft clean towels . All of the rooms are large,airy and private.
When we had a question about lunch or dinner Cindee always had a wonderful suggestion of a place we would enjoy.
The location is great for access to the St Charles streetcar and , most importantly access to Superior Seafood. Don't miss the happy hour at Superior it is pretty special.
Already planning our next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple